Realignment Talk

alwaysright

It's already close to realignment again. Wondering if anyone has predictions for next year. I think snapshots are in October? I was told that Barbers Hill was over 1800 on first day. If so. they will move up to big 5A, and in about 4 years may be making the jump to 6A. What movement are your schools making?

7 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

I don’t have actual numbers yet but what I was told by a BU administrator is that depending on where the cut off is, BU will either remain one of the smaller schools in their 6A district or one of the bigger ones in 5A-D1 next year.  But hey let’s get through this football season 1st...

A drop?  Thought yall were supposed to get bigger next realignment? Not messing with numbers "again" are yall?  :)

54 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

A drop?  Thought yall were supposed to get bigger next realignment? Not messing with numbers "again" are yall?  :)

Personally, I prefer to stay in 6A with WB and keep y’all as a non-district opponent.  Ain’t nobody messing with no numbers, just typing what I was told. 

Unless there's a 7A made,  even West Brook will be 5A within 10 years even maintaining its current student population. Houston, Dallas Austin and San Antonio don't open 5A schools anymore. It's not economical.

The population growth up 69 is crazy. New Caney, Porter, Cleveland will all be bigger than West Brook in 10 years, with Splendora not too long behind.

Beaumont just hasn't grown since the 1980s. The metropolitan area is missing about 600-700k people, which it would have had if it had kept up with all the growth Texas has had in the last 30 years. It's a shame, the area has a lot of good things going for it.

2 hours ago, Patsvballfan10 said:

It will be extremely interesting to see what the cutoff numbers will be. It would be nice to see all the GCCISD schools as a 5a. I think Sterling and GCM will be right at the cutoff 5a d1 and 6a. I guess time will tell. 

Yea. We need a rezone to get the schools down as small as they can.. We have to stay out of 6A.

4 hours ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Unless there's a 7A made,  even West Brook will be 5A within 10 years even maintaining its current student population. Houston, Dallas Austin and San Antonio don't open 5A schools anymore. It's not economical.

The population growth up 69 is crazy. New Caney, Porter, Cleveland will all be bigger than West Brook in 10 years, with Splendora not too long behind.

Beaumont just hasn't grown since the 1980s. The metropolitan area is missing about 600-700k people, which it would have had if it had kept up with all the growth Texas has had in the last 30 years. It's a shame, the area has a lot of good things going for it.

I wouldn’t say this area isn’t growing, cause in fact it is, just not as fast as the other metros in Texas. But with the plants booming this area will always grow just probably at a slower rate than Austin, Houston, DFW. 

4 hours ago, BearEssentials97 said:

New Caney ISD will have a third high school soon.

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

I wouldn’t say this area isn’t growing, cause in fact it is, just not as fast as the other metros in Texas. But with the plants booming this area will always grow just probably at a slower rate than Austin, Houston, DFW. 

Were it not for the census bureau adding Newton County to the count, Beaumont Port Arthur Orange would have had negative growth. Most census projections show the area shrinking in population by the end of the century.

As for the plants, these new units only need 5-10 people to run them. The construction is temporary.

The area really needs to diversify. It's not a good sign when Orange county doesn't have a hospital and they refuse to pay for one and Port Arthur loses one.  Doesn't speak well for the health and growth prospects for the area.

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

13 hours ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Y'all might as well start planning for the fourth now.  I wish I owned one of the trailer homes north of Texas 99. I'd sell it for a few million.

Glad y'all are getting more schools.

My daughter just started her Freshman year at Grand Oaks HS. Its only a year old and will be a pretty big 6A when they have all 4 grades coming up next year. I believe she has 1600 kids in her Freshman class. Whats interesting is from my house off of 99/Birnham Woods area all the way to 99/69 in Porter, there is just land. About 10 miles of it. I'm sure that gap will be closed here in the next few years. 

1 hour ago, kicker 2.0 said:

My daughter just started her Freshman year at Grand Oaks HS. Its only a year old and will be a pretty big 6A when they have all 4 grades coming up next year. I believe she has 1600 kids in her Freshman class. Whats interesting is from my house off of 99/Birnham Woods area all the way to 99/69 in Porter, there is just land. About 10 miles of it. I'm sure that gap will be closed here in the next few years. 

Tried talking my son to moving out there and going to grand oaks. He wanted to stay out and make me continue to drive to work. It's a beautiful school.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:29 AM, Patsvballfan10 said:

It will be extremely interesting to see what the cutoff numbers will be. It would be nice to see all the GCCISD schools as a 5a. I think Sterling and GCM will be right at the cutoff 5a d1 and 6a. I guess time will tell. 

It would be nice if they balanced the 3 schools and played each other. I figure that would help travel cost as well since all of your sports would have 2 of their opponents across town. The way it is right now with all 3 in different districts is not ideal in my mind. Would make some nice, healthy competition along with some natural rivals. All of those are fun things when your in high school.

Maybe that is just a pipe dream though. Lee is smaller in size than Sterling and GCM so maybe the best we can hope for is Sterling and GCM to be the same size and Lee to be the smaller school. We shall see....

It would be interesting to see a district with GCCISD, Barber's Hill, Dayton, and Crosby all playing each other one day, but first things first is GCCISD has to all be in one district.