Danbury at Anahuac Scrimmage Thread

WOSgrad

On 8/18/2019 at 3:44 PM, rykerx144 said:

the play calling....  uhmm

not surprised with that.  

Play calling is not a problem; tempo. New offense installed; have a little patients. They are doing a good job. The QB is a winner!!! Tempo! Tempo! Tempo! In a couple more weeks they will be fun to watch.

On 8/24/2019 at 11:32 PM, rykerx144 said:

you misundersttod.  

I was saying I'm not surprised the tempo and play calling are getting better.  You now have the best play calling in 3a.  

Was it the best playcalling when it was at Kirbyville.......??? 

Or did it become that when he was at Newton?

A lot of Newton folk at state championship I talked to would beg to differ with you....

15 minutes ago, BruinGrad87 said:

Was it the best playcalling when it was at Kirbyville.......??? 

Or did it become that when he was at Newton?

A lot of Newton folk at state championship I talked to would beg to differ with you....

I do understand that you might disagree with ryker's notion that the playcalling under Coach Neece is "the best in 3A."  But ryker does have evidence to put him up there with others.

With Kirbyville, I don't know what the issue really is, but the results of the Neece era versus the post Neece era do indicate there was a recipe that Neece had that his successors have yet to be able to replicate.

As to Newton, I may be one of the few, but I think that Neece was a big cog in Newton's offensive success as he made the passing game at Newton more a part of the Eagle offense than in the past.  Now, I'll have to agree that credit to that also goes to players that have graduated like Josh Foster, Tamauzia Brown and Noah Williams.  But all those parts are gone and we'll have to see how the new parts fit in.

This is certainly not a knock of former Newton OC Bryan Barbay as he definitely has shown his stuff at Coldspring, Newton and is currently doing so at Jasper.

But yeah, Anahuac definitely needed something and I agree with ryker that Greg Neece might just be it.

13 hours ago, rykerx144 said:

ok Mike maybe a little homer in that opinion but no doubt hes had success as a play caller at both programs.  Anahuac will be fun to watch and see if it grows. 

This is a much more reasonable statement than, "Best play caller in 3a"

We can agree to disagree but just a bit over the top.