Angleton at Crosby Scrimmage Thread

WOSgrad

3 hours ago, CCbigfan said:

Defense will probably be the best in the district, offense looked ok but they have to work on the passing game. Speed all over the field. I love the new coaching staff aggressiveness. Head coach is engaged in every aspect of the game not just on offense. We also have a d 1 kicker that can hit them from 55 yards out. 

Best in district..... based on what evidence??

If the QB gets cleared expect Crosby to win the district. If not, who knows? With him clear, Crosby in all likelihood is a 40+ ppg team. Should look pretty similar to how we did before Howard got hurt last year. QB ran a 10.6 100M as a sophomore last year. Just for context, Craig Williams ran 10.3 at the state meet as a senior. Lot of speed on the field even for a Crosby team, especially at receiver. Defense should be one of the better Crosby defenses even though that’s not saying much. 

With that being said there are still some things that need to come together to turn around last year’s train-wreck. Therefore, I really have no expectations. 

So this how Crosby fans are starting the season. I thought I read how horrible this new coach would be then one scrimmage and BAM! We now have the #1 defense in district plus a district championship if a QB can start. LOL you guys already drinking the new regime cool aid. Good luck coogs 

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

So this how Crosby fans are starting the season. I thought I read how horrible this new coach would be then one scrimmage and BAM! We now have the #1 defense in district plus a district championship if a QB can start. LOL you guys already drinking the new regime cool aid. Good luck coogs 

Hope the Qb cleans up the 3 ints a game history.  If history repeats it self and he starts the New Caney game he will throw 2-3 INT's for 6..  

14 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

If the QB gets cleared expect Crosby to win the district. If not, who knows? With him clear, Crosby in all likelihood is a 40+ ppg team. Should look pretty similar to how we did before Howard got hurt last year. QB ran a 10.6 100M as a sophomore last year. Just for context, Craig Williams ran 10.3 at the state meet as a senior. Lot of speed on the field even for a Crosby team, especially at receiver. Defense should be one of the better Crosby defenses even though that’s not saying much. 

With that being said there are still some things that need to come together to turn around last year’s train-wreck. Therefore, I really have no expectations. 

What do you mean by "cleared"? Was there a QB transfer?  A Crosby RB transferred to King apparently.  Not sure.

No offense to either kid but...Crosby always seems to find players for RB.

As far as Coker goes, if you saw any of the games he played in, I don’t see how you could say that is a big loss. 

29 minutes ago, Justafan72 said:

Last years # 24 Noel Wright transferred to C.E.King.Loss of Coker and Wright a big loss to the Cougars.

6 minutes ago, CCRed said:

As far as Coker goes, if you saw any of the games he played in, I don’t see how you could say that is a big loss. 

Runningback seems to be a easy plug and play spot for some schools and not for some lol.. 

17 minutes ago, CCRed said:

Coker had the nerve to trash Crosby on Twitter last saying he’s happy to be around kids that are actual playmakers and then proceeded to post his stats from a scrimmage lol. The kids from Crosby were furious but were told not to say anything, well I was a parent to a kid on that team and I’m here to say Coker sucked. Baaaadddd lol 

16 minutes ago, GCMNation5 said:

Runningback seems to be a easy plug and play spot for some schools and not for some lol.. 

The kid Zack Simon only got one year in as starter at rob and got a full ride scholarship lol running Backs are a easy plug. And he got to school and quit after the summer session lol typical Crosby athletes

20 minutes ago, CCbigfan said:

Coker had the nerve to trash Crosby on Twitter last saying he’s happy to be around kids that are actual playmakers and then proceeded to post his stats from a scrimmage lol. The kids from Crosby were furious but were told not to say anything, well I was a parent to a kid on that team 

Do not bash players!