New Caney at Dayton Scrimmage Thread

WOSgrad

Its hard to gauge a team from the first scrimmage - like " Aggies we is" says- nobody wins a scrimmage . During the control part Broncos looked pretty pitiful  while NC played like a veteran team . The Broncos are young and their inexperienced showed  we matched up athlete for athlete that wasn't the problem. # 27  Dayton QB moved the ball better than # 1 QB in the control part but #1 QB was starting to heat up a bit in the live qtr. had a nice long run as well as a deep pass ( kid is going to be a dual threat and has a strong arm)   The Broncos  are nothing to brag about now but do see a lot of potential  and progressively getting better whether that's  enough or not time will tell. 

2 hours ago, GCMNation5 said:

He said matched up Athlete for athlete.  Do what. New Caney lose a ton of kids or what?

Not in my opinion. We are probably both a little biased.

I thought Dayton did not look ready. My opinion Dayton looked better in last years scrimmage. But it was just practice. NC QB only ran the ball one time. 

Tough team to challenge as your first scrimmage, especially if you’re coming after a disappointing season like the Broncos had last year. New Caney won district over PAM last year and NC returns almost all their very explosive skill kids. They have a solid coaching staff, experience and probably a lot of confidence. Just saw where there outside lber, a junior, just committed to the Horns. NC could end up being quite a force in the region. They could have easily beat Crosby in last years opener. I was really surprised at Dayton’s record cause they played so many games close, but they always found a way to lose. Confidence in losing, Murphy’s law, happens to a lot of teams. I’m expecting Dayton to have a better year, how good🧐, the district is still a beast. Just got to get better each practice. An early win would do wonders for the Broncos.