Silsbee at Vidor Scrimmage Thread

Who That

This was not a controlled scrimmage. Teams played four 10 minute live quarters. Kickoffs and punts but no returns. 1st teams played the first two quarters, 2nd teams played the final two quarters.

Neither 1st team scored. Silsbee 2nd team made a FG.

I left after the completion of the 3rd quarter.

Both teams have a lot to work on. Silsbee has some conditioning to work on.

Silsbee run game was fair. Had a few good runs. Passing game was not good. Foster only completed 1 pass out of 13 attempts. The backup Briscoe did better in the passing game, completing around 6-7 passes.

Silsbee defense fared well against the Vidor run game. Vidor only attempted around 6 passes.

Depending on how well the QB position progresses will determine how good this Tiger team will be.

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

This was not a controlled scrimmage. Teams played four 10 minute live quarters. Kickoffs and punts but no returns. 1st teams played the first two quarters, 2nd teams played the final two quarters.

Neither 1st team scored. Silsbee 2nd team made a FG.

I left after the completion of the 3rd quarter.

Both teams have a lot to work on. Silsbee has some conditioning to work on.

Silsbee run game was fair. Had a few good runs. Passing game was not good. Foster only completed 1 pass out of 13 attempts. The backup Briscoe did better in the passing game, completing around 6-7 passes.

Silsbee defense fared well against the Vidor run game. Vidor only attempted around 6 passes.

Depending on how well the QB position progresses will determine how good this Tiger team will be.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!  This is what a post in a scrimmage thread should look like!

Thank you to my good friend and partner in crime, AAW for leading the way!

34 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!  This is what a post in a scrimmage thread should look like!

Thank you to my good friend and partner in crime, AAW for leading the way!

Hey.... I tried in the Nederland/Lumberton/ Newton thread....  

😀

My kid said that Vidor was winning 6-3 late in the game and decided to throw the deep ball Pirates which got intercepted. Silsbee then broke a long touchdown run to win the game 10-6. So I take his word for it because he started and played most of the game on defense. It’s possible he could have omitted a late score from the Tigers but that was not communicated to me. So what say you, he left something out to lessen the loss for old dad or accurate reporting from my son? All I can tell you is I watched the first half 0-0 defensive struggle and neither team did much on offense. Someone please tell me what happened in the second half, thanks.

7 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

My kid said that Vidor was winning 6-3 late in the game and decided to throw the deep ball Pirates which got intercepted. Silsbee then broke a long touchdown run to win the game 10-6. So I take his word for it because he started and played most of the game on defense. It’s possible he could have omitted a late score from the Tigers but that was not communicated to me. So what say you, he left something out to lessen the loss for old dad or accurate reporting from my son? All I can tell you is I watched the first half 0-0 defensive struggle and neither team did much on offense. Someone please tell me what happened in the second half, thanks.

I was there the whole game. 10 - 6 is accurate. Vidor made a bad pass with 2 or 3 minutes left in the game. Don’t know why they even pass the ball in that situation, they were up 6 to 3 at that point. But I know it’s a scrimmage an that’s when you work on different situations depending on the personnel you have on the field. All in all it was a good scrimmage. Both teams need work. For the most part it was a defensive battle. 

It was good scrimmage.  Both teams have things to work on. Both teams won and lost the scrimmage. Vidor threw a pass with 2 minutes to play that never gets thrown in a game. Silsbee scored their only Td on the ensuing drive. This was a scrimmage so I agree with throwing that pass 100%. So in summary, 1st half 1's on 1's, neither team scored. 2nd half Vidor scored once, Silsbee scored once and kicked a fg.