Dak Prescott

Have all these guys won a super bowl? Either way, he should have taken the money.

NFL's highest paid quarterbacks (average salary per year):

1. Seahawks QB Russell Wilson: $35 million

2. Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger: $34 million

3. Packers QB Aaron Rodgers: $33.5 million

4. Eagles QB Carson Wentz: $32 million

5. Falcons QB Matt Ryan: $30 million

On 8/11/2019 at 8:10 PM, WOSdrummer99 said:

Have all these guys won a super bowl? Either way, he should have taken the money.

4.) He has but not as a starter. 

5.) No, should have but one of the greatest comeback of all time stopped that one... 

maybe dak is betting on himself. Which I don’t mind at all and he’s confident in his play. If cowboys win the Super Bowl this year then meet in the middle in that 35 million range or so 

On 8/11/2019 at 8:10 PM, WOSdrummer99 said:

Don’t forget Osweiller. You don’t have to win a SB don’t get the bucks. It’s all about butts in the seats and merchandising. Dan Marino never won a SB and I consider him one of the best all time.

4 hours ago, baddog said:

The first graphic on the video I clicked was a video where Dak was ranked number 1 in a stat in which the top ten were:

1. Dak Prescott

2. Matt Stafford

3. Case Keenum 

4. Alex Smith

5. Big Ben

6. Deshaun Watson 

7. Russell Wilson

8. Carson Palmer 

9. Carson Wentz

10. Tyrod Taylor

My point being that anything that Dak is doing the best at where the top-10 list includes Stafford, Keenum, Smith, Palmer, and Taylor, but doesn’t include Brady, Rodgers, Brees, or Ryan, is not a very important thing.  

Here are some 2018 Daks stats that matter:

yards: 3885 (15th)

TDs: 22 (16th)

completion %: 67.7 (10th)

yards per completion: 7.4 (19th)

sacks taken: 56 (2nd most)

ints: 7 (7th least among starters)

Yards per game: 242.8 (21st)

fumbles: 12 (3rd most amongst qbs)

qbr: 56.2 (18th)

Overall rating: 96.9 (14th)

But this guy just turned down $30M a year, which would’ve tied him for the 5th highest qb in the league, because he thinks he should be the highest paid qb in nfl history?  He has been a solid player for the boys, but I’d rather see him cut that get paid that much.  

I would just like to see players rewarded for results. Not paid for potential. Sports contracts are too high and overrated. Brady is not my favorite, but i do respect his decision to make less money and spread the wealth for the win. When will pro atheletes realize they are blessed to play a game for a living? Stop being greedy.

12 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Here are some 2018 Daks stats that matter:

yards: 3885 (15th)

TDs: 22 (16th)

completion %: 67.7 (10th)

yards per completion: 7.4 (19th)

sacks taken: 56 (2nd most)

ints: 7 (7th least among starters)

Yards per game: 242.8 (21st)

fumbles: 12 (3rd most amongst qbs)

qbr: 56.2 (18th)

Overall rating: 96.9 (14th)

But this guy just turned down $30M a year, which would’ve tied him for the 5th highest qb in the league, because he thinks he should be the highest paid qb in nfl history?  He has been a solid player for the boys, but I’d rather see him cut that get paid that much.  

Thought you would have re-addressed the 15 yard comment. Brady has made a living off the dink pass and intermediates, so did Fran Tarkenton (Chuck Foreman), although he could launch the 50-60 yarders. No mention of Osweiller.He got $70 million off of one season’s performance. I already said Dak should have taken the $30 million. There are lots of variables as to why a Qb may have a down year. It doesn’t make me forget his potential. You don’t win 11 in a row in the NFL on a fluke. My judgement could be skewed by my loyalty to my Cowboys and Dak was my draft pick. Maybe a new, non-vanilla OC will get some people open downfield.

12 hours ago, baddog said:

Thought you would have re-addressed the 15 yard comment. Brady has made a living off the dink pass and intermediates, so did Fran Tarkenton (Chuck Foreman), although he could launch the 50-60 yarders. No mention of Osweiller.He got $70 million off of one season’s performance. I already said Dak should have taken the $30 million. There are lots of variables as to why a Qb may have a down year. It doesn’t make me forget his potential. You don’t win 11 in a row in the NFL on a fluke. My judgement could be skewed by my loyalty to my Cowboys and Dak was my draft pick. Maybe a new, non-vanilla OC will get some people open downfield.

I’m a diehard cowboy fan as well, and Dak has been solid for the boys for the most part.  I’m also hoping that the new OC helps.  But a top-15 qb passing up top-5 money to try and get record-setting money doesn’t improve my opinion of him, and despite not throwing many interceptions, he takes way too many sacks and can’t hold onto the ball when he takes them.  

On 9/1/2019 at 8:55 PM, mat said:

If they don't come to terms soon, one of two things will happen as this season plays out. He either plays great and his stock will rise or doesn't play great and he will regret not jumping on the 30 mil offer.

IMO he needs to greatly improve his play to even be worthy of the $30M offer.  I guess if he has a good season he’ll try to hold out for $50M.

17 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

At this point if Dak doesn’t take the 25-30 mil let him walk. With the Cowboys Defense, best O line, if Zeke signs the best RB, and great young core of WRs. We basically need a game manager... Andy Dalton would do great in the Cowboys offense... JS. 

Might not be any money left for Dak and Amare.

Ezekiel Elliott becomes highest-paid running back with new Dallas Cowboys contract

This is the hidden content, please

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at

This is the hidden content, please