Silsbee QB

L-Train11

I’ve been hearing a lot of good things about the Tigers with practice underway. Hopefully I can go check out their inner squad scrimmage this Saturday. Seems like the boys are pumped and ready for a deep run. With Cuero losing their bruiser it seems like it’s either Silsbee or Jasper’s to lose. (Cue the wos folks, but i like stirring the pot lol).... so who has the scoop on the qb battle going on in Silsbee? I know it’s only three days in, but does the sophomore take the spot or does Foster keep it? Opinions....

Can't wait to see how much this young man improved over the summer. He was put in a predicament he wasn't ready for last year, but he rose up to the challenge each week and you could see the improvement. I'll be at practice tomorrow checking things out, getting ready for broadcasting Silsbee Tiger Football. TigerNation!!!

Let's get this straight.  Silsbee won because they were better.  Problems weren't falling from the sky, problems were in the Mustang secondary, which quite frankly cost them a 3 peat in 2017.

It is up to the secondary and the Mustangs outside receivers to, as Coach Thompson himself said, mature football wise.  If that happens, I likely be hearing Gary broadcast the 4A Division II State Final.  If not, it will be Mike I'll be listening to.

10 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Let's get this straight.  Silsbee won because they were better.  Problems weren't falling from the sky, problems were in the Mustang secondary, which quite frankly cost them a 3 peat in 2017.

It is up to the secondary and the Mustangs outside receivers to, as Coach Thompson himself said, mature football wise.  If that happens, I likely be hearing Gary broadcast the 4A Division II State Final.  If not, it will be Mike I'll be listening to.

I was just joking around. Them silsbee fans get upset and that’s usually when they don’t have enough bite

I didn’t see amazing today. I seen a team working their butts off, working to get things right. I seen coach’s looking for players to step up and fill the spots left to graduation. I think the defense will take several weeks to find that right combination before they take off. I seen an offense with confidence. I seen a team wanting to take that next step and working hard to take it. TigerNation!!!

1 hour ago, STiger85 said:

I didn’t see amazing today. I seen a team working their butts off, working to get things right. I seen coach’s looking for players to step up and fill the spots left to graduation. I think the defense will take several weeks to find that right combination before they take off. I seen an offense with confidence. I seen a team wanting to take that next step and working hard to take it. TigerNation!!!

Thanks for the honest opinion.. I agree on defense. It will get there though 

3 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Thanks for the honest opinion.. I agree on defense. It will get there though 

Defense is the question mark. Those high rankings may be legit at the end of the season but i will wonder if we look like that early in the year.  Like the old saying goes “defense wins championships”. Hope it gets there quickly and keeps getting better.  

As far as the qb question,  after last years performance and growth, i would think its Foster’s job to lose.  But if this sophomore is as good as everyone keeps saying, i hope thye have another place to get him on the field.  The other part of this is Foster is just a junior, unless i am mistaken,  that only leaves one year for this sophomore to get to be the qb.  So lets hope they can find the perfect fit for both.