Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
no-look

Site

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, no-look said:

Last few times that I came here to the site I get a warning  that a virus has hit my iPhone. Only does it here. Any ideas? 

Got my first one today. I ignored it. Said I had 14 viruses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Devon Mires said:

@no-look @baddog Can you please provide screenshots if this happens again to help me investigate what is causing the problem?

And guys, just so you know it is safe to do this.  Devon is our new web guy.  He will be making some updates to the site and be able to troubleshoot faster than any of us ever could.

Jordan and I met with him and his web designer yesterday and they are good folk who will do a lot for the site, so consider a request from them like a a request from one of the staff (because, as you can see, he is).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Devon Mires said:

@no-look @baddog Can you please provide screenshots if this happens again to help me investigate what is causing the problem?

Sure, I’ll try. I generally brush it of as a scare tactic to purchase some anti-virus download. If I had 14 viruses, i don’t think my Ipad would function. Then again, I’m not an expert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, baddog said:

Sure, I’ll try. I generally brush it of as a scare tactic to purchase some anti-virus download. If I had 14 viruses, i don’t think my Ipad would function. Then again, I’m not an expert.

You are right, it is just a scare tactic. I just want to ensure our site is not responsible for the generation of these ads. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 11:11 AM, Devon Mires said:

@no-look @baddog Can you please provide screenshots if this happens again to help me investigate what is causing the problem?

I just screenshot 1 but it’s too big to post I guess? Gonna try to pm you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2019 at 2:00 PM, no-look said:

Last few times that I came here to the site I get a warning  that a virus has hit my iPhone. Only does it here. Any ideas? 

I got your screen shot and sent it on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2019 at 11:28 AM, Devon Mires said:

You are right, it is just a scare tactic. I just want to ensure our site is not responsible for the generation of these ads. Thank you.

Pop-up ads are becoming a nuisance and this one for sure..,,.

Won’t let me post it due to size but it is a Verizon ad saying I won something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, baddog said:

Ads are becoming a nuisance and this one for sure..,,.

Won’t let me post it due to size but it is a Verizon ad saying I won something. 

If you can't get it to post or put in a pm.  Email it to me and I'll email it to Devon.  My address is above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Devon Mires said:

Thank you for notifying me. I am working towards removing such ads. In your browser you should be able to disable pop-up ads. @baddog  

What device and browser are you seeing these on?

The pop-up ads have ”infolinks” in a box in upper left corner, if that helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Member Statistics

    41,085
    Total Members
    1,432
    Most Online
    Slim Pickins
    Newest Member
    Slim Pickins
    Joined


×
×
  • Create New...