Notable transfers this year

dme1111

25 minutes ago, GCMNation5 said:

Yes thats who it was..

I have no information whatsoever, but I'd be a little nervous about having another good player not on the team come the playoffs if I was Newton Fan.  Not saying this kid is the same, but it would make me nervous.  

Too much "I'm taking my talents to Cleveland" in high school sports these days. 

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I have no information whatsoever, but I'd be a little nervous about having another good player not on the team come the playoffs if I was Newton Fan.  Not saying this kid is the same, but it would make me nervous.  

Too much "I'm taking my talents to Cleveland" in high school sports these days. 

He’s not leaving, he came back. I feel a little better now about Newton. 

4 hours ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

He’s not leaving, he came back. I feel a little better now about Newton. 

I get that. I obviously don’t know the details, but a kid that was in Newton, left for another team, then came back to Newton would make ME nervous... especially after all of the drama with the Brown kid last year. 

There are a lot more stories about kids jumping around with limited success than there are stories about kids making multiple transfers and balling out every place that they go. 

Other than Calvin Tyler going “home” to Silsbee, I cant think of another. 

Anybody want to enlighten me?

4 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I get that. I obviously don’t know the details, but a kid that was in Newton, left for another team, then came back to Newton would make ME nervous... especially after all of the drama with the Brown kid last year. 

There are a lot more stories about kids jumping around with limited success than there are stories about kids making multiple transfers and balling out every place that they go. 

'HOME' you say?  You do realize that kid is from Beaumont, right?

1 minute ago, CardinalBacker said:

You still salty, Soulja? Lol. 

Thats why I had the quotation marks. 

Naw...  not salty at all.  No reason to be at all whatever.   And I didn't catch the sarcasm.  Because these are some people that actually believe what you said.  I be having to correct them when I can.  Lol

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

He left Newton cause of a parent situation. The kid himself didn’t want to leave Newton. 

2 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Tough spot for a kid to be in. 

It seems to me that the kids whose parents are “shopping” them around tend to get the worst results. 

Had nothing to do with shopping around, I wont go in-depth on the issue cause that's the family's business. 

1 hour ago, Newtonres75-86 said:

Regarding the Gatson kid, that is tremendous news for us eagle fans.  Also I hear  T. Brown has a younger brother who is as good or better than his older brother.

Maybe  some of you local guys can fill us in. We like eagle news from the Piney Woods. Go Eagles, man I can't wait.  🏈

I was told this exact same thing during Newton's playoff run last season.