Where’s the beef? PN-G May have the answer.

This year the Indians will field a large line. Lead by Garth they will be 6’ 2” and 250 + across the line with a couple right at 300 pounds. Garth himself will be headed to join Roschon Johnson at UT after the season. Look for a strong experienced line to lead PN-G this season. Young QB Bost has been lighting up the QB camps all summer and even did well enough to take PNG into the State Tourney for 7 on 7. Most receivers are back and Conners is very fast out if the back field is in great shape. This team should have a good strong season. Look for them to be in the thick of the district championship race. 

8 hours ago, prepballfan said:

This year the Indians will field a large line. Lead by Garth they will be 6’ 2” and 250 + across the line with a couple right at 300 pounds. Garth himself will be headed to join Roschon Johnson at UT after the season. Look for a strong experienced line to lead PN-G this season. Young QB Bost has been lighting up the QB camps all summer and even did well enough to take PNG into the State Tourney for 7 on 7. Most receivers are back and Conners is very fast out if the back field is in great shape. This team should have a good strong season. Look for them to be in the thick of the district championship race. 

Won't do much if you don't have a defense to match.

9 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Wow, how big kids are getting.  I’m reminded of an article I read a few years ago concerning a Vidor homecoming game.   Someone had a program from the Vidor vs PNG game in 1940, I think.  The biggest player on either team was from PNG at a whooping 165 pounds.  Lol, how times have changed.

15 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

We'll see how good that Png D is when they face off against a difficult pre-district schedule versus teams that can put up the points. 

Agreed! I am glad PNG plays Silsbee, Huntsville & Tomball in pre-season.  The defensive stops against these teams will tell the tale of how district will go.  It will also give our offense a great challenge to get ready for the season.  I am so ready for football.!!!

Guest ECBucFan
19 hours ago, Lamar1996 said:

I really like how PNG's defense is shaping up for this upcoming season.  Should be one of the better ones they have had in a while.    

Sometimes there is only one direction to go... 

19 hours ago, Lamar1996 said:

Very true, but this team of Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors will be exciting to watch.  Been waiting a long time to watch this group play together.

That seems to be the go to saying in PNG.. over the last 10 years “ohh these 8th graders coming up are full of studs” the “freshman group was never scored on” and etc. Is that saying giving to parents in the mail from the athletic dept? 

On 7/30/2019 at 3:44 PM, Lamar1996 said:

I really like how PNG's defense is shaping up for this upcoming season.  Should be one of the better ones they have had in a while.    

Still curious about this statement since there hasn't been any practice yet.  Your thoughts?!