JasperDAWG

9/6/2019 Jasper @ bridge city

1 hour ago, purpleeagle said:

I think Jasper will go undefeated this year if they stay healthy.  Go Dogs. These dogs don't just bark, they will bite.

Jasper should win this one easy...

They won’t be playing in December, though. They’ll eventually run into some adversity and fold under the pressure. It’s like it’s the team’s recessive gene or something. They’ve been playing forever and utilize the same talent pool that Newton/Burkeville has.  Jasper just can’t cash in. We’ve never had anywhere near the talent that Jasper has had.... yet even we’ve brought home the hardware before. 

They have a saying up there in Jasperlachia (that’s the outskirts of Jasper... Jasper/Appalachia) that about how “even a blind hog can find a nut every now and then.” Except with all of that talent, Jasper  hasn’t ever been able to close the deal. It’s pretty unbelievable if you ask me. 

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Jasper should win this one easy...

They won’t be playing in December, though. They’ll eventually run into some adversity and fold under the pressure. It’s like it’s the team’s recessive gene or something. They’ve been playing forever and utilize the same talent pool that Newton/Burkeville has.  Jasper just can’t cash in. We’ve never had anywhere near the talent that Jasper has had.... yet even we’ve brought home the hardware before. 

They have a saying up there in Jasperlachia (that’s the outskirts of Jasper... Jasper/Appalachia) that about how “even a blind hog can find a nut every now and then.” Except with all of that talent, Jasper  hasn’t ever been able to close the deal. It’s pretty unbelievable if you ask me. 

Nice story.

13 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Complete destruction of cards. No way they put up more than 3 vs jasper 

My Silver&Blue friend, I have to agree. They may be fortunate enough to score a TD like they did last year if/When  the backups to our Backups are in the game.  Just another embarrassing loss at home it will be for bc.

52 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

Nice story.

Seriously, though.... when they speak of Champions, they talk of places like West Orange..... Newton..... PNG....... Nederland..... Burkeville.....BRIDGE CITY.... but never Jasper.  

Why can’t y’all close the deal? What do YOU think is the reason y’all have been a good program for “70+ years” and always ended up going home early from the big dance by yourselves? It’s not a lack of talent or crappy coaching... I think it’s just a “little brother mentality.” Same reason your buses head west to Woodville and then head south instead of even driving through Silsbee. It’s just fear in my opinion, but I’d love to hear yours. 

This is a bad thread. Yes, Jasper should win the game easily on paper. I don't understand why our fans need to call them out. There's some merit to what CardinalBacker is saying. We need to close the deal so that comments like that can't be made anymore. I don't buy into the little brother complex, though, especially coming from a fan of a school that usually isn't competitive in this series. But hey, if you guys want to be petty and argue about it, go ahead. There are times when people on this board need to grow up. 

If Jasper were to run an offense that is somewhat balanced then they would make it to December.  It doesn't take a genius Defensive Coordinator to figure out how to stop a one dimensional offense.  Jasper has a very BAD habit of playing inferior opponents in the regular season and not preparing for better opponents in the playoffs.  They played games last year in which their JV could have beaten the team they lined up against on Friday nights and yet they still threw the ball 6 times per game... and then they get to the playoffs and guess what... WOS (after Hunt runs all over them in regular season) puts 9 or 10 guys in the box. Jasper can't run and is FORCED to pass.  Something they seldom worked to improve during the regular season.... and we all know how that went for Jasper.

You simply cannot have an effective pass game when you average 6 pass attempts per game and have 3 or 4 pass plays in your play book. and you simply CAN NOT compete in 4A Texas High School football if you don't have the ability to move the ball on the ground AND through the air! Period!

And if my memory serves me right...the one time Jasper made it to the State Championship game was during the brief period that they installed a SPREAD OFFENSE.

5 hours ago, OldBallCoach said:

If Jasper were to run an offense that is somewhat balanced then they would make it to December.  It doesn't take a genius Defensive Coordinator to figure out how to stop a one dimensional offense.  Jasper has a very BAD habit of playing inferior opponents in the regular season and not preparing for better opponents in the playoffs.  They played games last year in which their JV could have beaten the team they lined up against on Friday nights and yet they still threw the ball 6 times per game... and then they get to the playoffs and guess what... WOS (after Hunt runs all over them in regular season) puts 9 or 10 guys in the box. Jasper can't run and is FORCED to pass.  Something they seldom worked to improve during the regular season.... and we all know how that went for Jasper.

You simply cannot have an effective pass game when you average 6 pass attempts per game and have 3 or 4 pass plays in your play book. and you simply CAN NOT compete in 4A Texas High School football if you don't have the ability to move the ball on the ground AND through the air! Period!

And if my memory serves me right...the one time Jasper made it to the State Championship game was during the brief period that they installed a SPREAD OFFENSE.

Liberty Hill don’t throw the ball much and they went to a state championship last year. Of course they lost but La Vega was a tuff opponent. I saw the wos vs jasper game last year in the play offs. Jasper was a good team but they are missing  that confidence that WOS has in the playoffs. That’s just my opinion.

13 hours ago, LC-M said:

Liberty Hill don’t throw the ball much and they went to a state championship last year. Of course they lost but La Vega was a tuff opponent. I saw the wos vs jasper game last year in the play offs. Jasper was a good team but they are missing  that confidence that WOS has in the playoffs. That’s just my opinion.

You can win their region with a run first offense... several teams have over the years.  But to consistently compete at a high level, an offense has to have some balance... But I definitely agree that WOS has more confidence than Jasper does in the playoffs... but guess where that comes from?  It all starts at the top.  JS

On 7/21/2019 at 6:47 PM, Bulldogs92 said:

This is a bad thread. Yes, Jasper should win the game easily on paper. I don't understand why our fans need to call them out. There's some merit to what CardinalBacker is saying. We need to close the deal so that comments like that can't be made anymore. I don't buy into the little brother complex, though, especially coming from a fan of a school that usually isn't competitive in this series. But hey, if you guys want to be petty and argue about it, go ahead. There are times when people on this board need to grow up. 

Really 92? Wow. I am gonna assume that my fellow DAWG was having a bad day out in Alberque. Not sure why you call this a "bad" thread. It is indeed an appropriate thread, because where the discussion about these two teams  started this past weekend was impeding on a thread about another school(Newton Eagles to be specific). If, you are calling it "bad" because of the current state of bc's football program, then there shouldn't be a thread started this year when we play huntington, livingston, or Cleveland Tarkington because they are just as bad if not worse than bc.

I don't think you and I  or anyone else is petty nor are any of the posts made  nugatory in this forum (as long as they pertain to the subject) When indeed the only reason we all have come together here is we are fortunate to have a public forum devoted to the sport we as Texans are so passionate about.

Have a fantabulous day!

1 hour ago, JasperDAWG said:

Really 92? Wow. I am gonna assume that my fellow DAWG was having a bad day out in Alberque. Not sure why you call this a "bad" thread. It is indeed an appropriate thread, because where the discussion about these two teams  started this past weekend was impeding on a thread about another school(Newton Eagles to be specific). If, you are calling it "bad" because of the current state of bc's football program, then there shouldn't be a thread started this year when we play huntington, livingston, or Cleveland Tarkington because they are just as bad if not worse than bc.

I don't think you and I  or anyone else is petty nor are any of the posts made  nugatory in this forum (as long as they pertain to the subject) When indeed the only reason we all have come together here is we are fortunate to have a public forum devoted to the sport we as Texans are so passionate about.

Have a fantabulous day!

Your guy is just being honest. It’s a nothing game. You just got your feelings hurt so you started this petty thread. 

But you never answered my question. Why does Jasper always choke in the playoffs? Y’all are one of the biggest schools in D2 after dropping down in 16. 

Silsbee dropped down in 18 and BAM!!!! State semifinalists.... did y’all get smacked out in the second or third round last year? I can’t remember. 

When you do visit Historic Larry Ward Stadium in scenic Bridge City this fall, I suggest that you visit the north end zone. There’s a marble monument to the great players whose names are etched into Texas Football History. That’s what happens when you win a State Championship, my canine friend. In fact, you should tell Officer Barbrady to bring the whole team over and check it out. Explain to them how on a cold winter day these young men DIDN’T QUIT and earned a state championship. 

Seriously, though.... why can’t y’all win the big one? 

7 hours ago, JasperDAWG said:

Have a fantabulous day!

We're not always gonna agree on everything, my friend. We don't need to kick a school that is down and they don't need to bring up a state title that happened before most of us were born and then bash us for not winning one when they haven't been close in a very long time. That's like the Cowboys fans that brag about how they're the best franchise when they haven't been relevant in 25 years. Like CardinalBacker said, I'm just calling it the way it is. It's nothing personal to either of you guys. 

On 7/25/2019 at 1:50 AM, JasperDAWG said:

Is he? Lol i wouldnt know. He has been on my ignored users list for days now. Lol.  As far as I know, he doesnt exist.

He’s a good poster imo.   A lot of times it’s deliberate humor but he often brings thoughtful points as well.  Regardless, he usually makes me laugh and we could all use more laughter in our lives...