2019 LITTLE CYPRESS-MAURICEVILLE BEARS

This is the hidden content, please

2019 FOOTBALL TEAM PREVIEWS

LITTLE CYPRESS-MAURICEVILLE BEARS

2018 Record: 4-7 Overall, 3-2 District

3rd Place in District 11-4A-I

The Little Cypress-Mauriceville Bears qualified for the playoffs for the fifth time in six years. To make it six out of seven, Bears' Head Coach Randy Crouch will rely on the return of a veteran squad (7 starters on each side of the ball).

Head Coach: Randy Crouch

Offense:

Seven starters return to the Little Cypress-Mauriceville offense. Senior quarterback Ethan McCollum will take over the full time duties.  He will be joined in the backfield by senior running back Landon Bearden.  Junior wide receiver Brandon Pollock (11-4A-I Offensive Newcomer of the Year) will be joined at wide out by seniors James Williams (1st team all-district) and Darian Williams.  Senior center Carter Cates (1st team all-district) will be featured on the Bear offensive line.

Defense:

Seven starters return to the LC-M defense in 2019.  McCollum (1st team all-district) and senior cornerback Ken'Teon Champine will key the Bear defense from their secondary spots.

Special Teams:

Darian Williams (11-4A-I Special Teams Co-MVP) will be the primary kick returner for the Bears in 2019.

Schedule:

Aug. 30 - Woodville, 7:00 pm

Sept. 6 - at West Orange-Stark, 7:30 pm

Sept. 13 - Jasper, 7:00 pm

Sept. 20 - at Vidor, 7:00 pm

Sept. 27 - Hardin-Jefferson, 7:00 pm

Oct. 4 - OPEN

Oct. 11 - Bridge City, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 18 - at Splendora, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 25 - Livingston, 7:00 pm*

Nov. 1 - Huffman Hargrave, 7:00 pm*

Nov. 8 - at Lumberton, 7:00 pm*

2 hours ago, marshman said:

If the Bears can stay healthy, from what i been hearing, they should have a winning season this year. 7-3 may very well be an attainable goal. 

I hope they can, as long as one of them "W" isn't against my Mustangs!

We always play bad against Huffman. If we are healthy and focused 7-3. But I think we can beat Vidor but might get out coached kinda like with Huffman. It could be a good year at LCM

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Kourt1
    Newest Member
    Kourt1