1. North Shore

2. WB

3. United

4. King

5. Deer Park

6. La Porte

7. Channelview

8.sterling

My prediction, just feel that Laporte with the coaching change , especially a defensive minded head coach, will do well , tough kids are still there, talented kids there also and a small hometown feel with support. A special place in my heart for them since this was my last place to coach two years ago before retirement.

Putting Deer 4th in hopes of helping Brook. So my prediction is done with my heart and not my head. I’m just glad I’m not putting money on it.

How I see it

16 hours ago, coach bear said:

I may be wrong, according to my wife I’m always wrong,but la Porte should not be taken lightly———remember what coach bear said.

They had some juniors and sophomores that played on varsity last year.  They won't beat North Shore this week but to me, they are in contention.  The only team I have eliminated from the playoff race is Baytown Sterling.

12 hours ago, coach bear said:

Don’t put words in my mouth, “ la Porte should not be taken lightly” is what I wrote. Where did you get North Shore from that 🤔 About 3 weeks ago I predicted Laporte for 4th place due to new coaches, attitude and practice schedule. I coached there my last year so I know the type of kids there. The new coach is a defensive coach. They are 1-2 but played tough in both losses, getting better each week. I like those kids like I’ve liked kids at all five places I’ve coached, so I let my heart speak in front of my brain, but I’m okay with it, go dogs. I also predicted Katy to beat north shore game 1. I was correct. After watching the game I predicted north shore to have rematch with Katy in regions semi or final and the shore will win as regional BEST football team. The only team that may beat the shore in this region are the Texans if the o line pass protects well or the Houston cougars—- no scratch that only the Texans. Now please don’t misquote me by interpreting New England Patriots when I said Texans. I could put this in Ukrainian if needed, only know a little Spanish. Have a good day, and I am excited about United success. Hopefully the flood doesn’t affect their roll. Would love to see Shore, wbrook, Laporte and United in playoffs. Question, is Andre bevil no longer coaching there?

12 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I was told Bevil has a heavy hand on their Offense over at United. 

If not for Bevil having a lot more control of the offense then what he did last year, United may or may not would be 3-0 but definitely wouldn't be averaging 41 points a game.  This same time last year, we were 0-3 and averaging 12 points a game.  Coach Jones and Frank have the defense playing light years better than what they were playing last year but I think one of the best things is that the offense is not having so many 3 and outs as last year.  Just food for thought, in 2018 at this same point, the defense was giving up 32 points a game opposed to 7 so far in 2019. 

15 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I was told Bevil has a heavy hand on their Offense over at United. 

That decision is a difference maker, the right man making decisions on the offense either play calling or personnel can flip a team 2-4 spots in the race. Coach Bevil is a quality coach who I’ve seen make the right calls in pressure situations. For example Saturday at Kyle field, jimbo calls offense for 3 quarters, aggies offense looks bad. 4 th quarter the offense looks different and produces, guess who was given play calling authority, not jimbo👍👍👍but someone who has a reputation of offensive production at Memphis, North Texas ,and.SMU. Same players , exact same opponent, different CEO.  But is jimbo s ego too big? Go United and Bevil 

1 hour ago, coach bear said:

That decision is a difference maker, the right man making decisions on the offense either play calling or personnel can flip a team 2-4 spots in the race. Coach Bevil is a quality coach who I’ve seen make the right calls in pressure situations. For example Saturday at Kyle field, jimbo calls offense for 3 quarters, aggies offense looks bad. 4 th quarter the offense looks different and produces, guess who was given play calling authority, not jimbo👍👍👍but someone who has a reputation of offensive production at Memphis, North Texas ,and.SMU. Same players , exact same opponent, different CEO.  But is jimbo s ego too big? Go United and Bevil 

lmao... this is seriously funny!

9 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Well it has just been announced that October 4th will no longer be an off day for staff and students due to missing 5 days of school because of Imelda.  Maybe they will move the WB vs BU game back to Friday...🤷🏽‍♂️😎

They need to..  no reason for a BISD school to have THREE   Thursday games in one season.

55 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Well it has just been announced that October 4th will no longer be an off day for staff and students due to missing 5 days of school because of Imelda.  Maybe they will move the WB vs BU game back to Friday...🤷🏽‍♂️😎

For selfish reasons I hope the game stays on Thursday so I can attend (and maybe broadcast).

1 hour ago, Alpha Wolf said:

If they do I'll switch my Friday game over from West Orange to BMT! :)

School                                                    Record

Beaumont United                                    1-0

Beaumont West Brook                           1-0

Deer Park                                                  1-0

Galena Park North Shore                       1-0

Baytown Sterling                                      0-1

Channelview                                             0-1

LaPorte                                                      0-1

Sheldon C.E. King                                     0-1

Thursday, September 26

United 17  @ Sterling 7

Friday, September 27

Channelview 40 @ Deer Park 43

LaPorte 3  @  North Shore 56

King 20 @ West Brook 27

Friday, October 4

West Brook @ United 

North Shore @ King

Deer Park @ La Porte

Sterling @ Channelview

13 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Hey Alpha: do you think now because of Imelda that United has a greater chance of dropping to 5A D1 for the next 2 yrs? 

As of last night's number (2,147) that they showed us at the parent meeting concerning Imelda and the damage it caused to the United campus, it very well is a high possibility.  Just depends on where UIL puts that cutoff.  The last realignment, 2190 and above went to 6A and I don't see UIL dropping that cutoff number.  We'll either be a small 6A or big 5A. 

So you and your Titans could very well be our homecoming game next year in district play. 😀

16 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

As of last night's number (2,147) that they showed us at the parent meeting concerning Imelda and the damage it caused to the United campus, it very well is a high possibility.  Just depends on where UIL puts that cutoff.  The last realignment, 2190 and above went to 6A and I don't see UIL dropping that cutoff number.  We'll either be a small 6A or big 5A. 

So you and your Titans could very well be our homecoming game next year in district play. 😀

Yall don't want that smoke next season, im serious  😂

22 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

With that being said, I only think it will be a 2 year drop due to our current sophomore class being in the 650 range and our current freshman class at 757.  Every year our freshman class will be in the 700 range.

37 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

With that being said, I only think it will be a 2 year drop due to our current sophomore class being in the 650 range and our current freshman class at 757.  Every year our freshman class will be in the 700 range.

I’m sure it’s been answered before, but I’m just curious but did BISD ever fix the school boundary lines that if you live in United boundary lines you went to United and vise versa for WB, cut back on in district transfers I knew at one time that was a growing issue for many people 

Just now, navydawg31 said:

I’m sure it’s been answered before, but I’m just curious but did BISD ever fix the school boundary lines that if you live in United boundary lines you went to United and vise versa for WB, cut back on in district transfers I knew at one time that was a growing issue for many people 

For the most part.  If you stay on the East side of the freeway which includes BISD stadium, Baptist Hospital, Target etc., you go to United.  If you stay on the West side of the freeway which includes Pappadeaux's, Parkdale Mall, etc., you go to West Brook.  There are a few loopholes that a parent can use but for the most part, that's the line.   

6 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

For the most part.  If you stay on the East side of the freeway which includes BISD stadium, Baptist Hospital, Target etc., you go to United.  If you stay on the West side of the freeway which includes Pappadeaux's, Parkdale Mall, etc., you go to West Brook.  There are a few loopholes that a parent can use but for the most part, that's the line.   

Looks like they cleaned it up for the most part from what it used to be..