Will Silsbee have a chance at state next year?

Size won't be the reason Silsbee doesn't make it to state.

Silsbee has another Jones not named Malik that's 6`4, but I don't know if he's playing basketball or not.

They could actually be more consistent across the board in size than last year depending on who all is playing.

3 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Size won't be the reason Silsbee doesn't make it to state.

Silsbee has another Jones not named Malik that's 6`4, but I don't know if he's playing basketball or not.

They could actually be more consistent across the board in size than last year depending on who all is playing.

Willie Jones's son will be a beast by his Junior year... And will be taller than his dad and brother. 

31 minutes ago, Who That said:

Willie Jones's son will be a beast by his Junior year... And will be taller than his dad and brother. 

Yeah he's already 6`4 and 200 + pounds as a freshman. Would like to see him shoot up to at least 6`6.

Got plenty of time to grow. Can't wait for him to terrorize district for the next few years.

Jayce is his name, I think. Something like that anyways.

Him and Thomas alone are two 6`4  players Silsbee will have. Should have a few more guys in the 6`0 - 6`2 range. Don't know where people get Silsbee won't have any size next year from.

On 7/29/2019 at 7:50 PM, BADSANTA said:

The young man who will be a freshman this year. 

The kid has the height and the size but needs to be coached up. Not aggressive enough on the boards. Now incoming freshman Williams could be better suited on varsity. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, 409ANALYST said:

The only reason that we may not make it to state this year will be the Jack Yates Lions.  They have several people returning.  Those guards are "good"...and they have a big heart!  It will come down who wants it the most.  I won't count out my Tigers!

So you anticipate a Yates-Silsbee regional final?

8 hours ago, no-look said:

I’m assuming Bush stayed at Silsbee.  Should be a good series with them and HJ. Too early to pick regional matchups but Connally could be a team to watch out for. 

I didn’t know how that Morton Ranch thing made sense anyway.  The way they run their offense, he would have been a spot shooter waiting for an occasional LJ kick.  

9 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I didn’t know how that Morton Ranch thing made sense anyway.  The way they run their offense, he would have been a spot shooter waiting for an occasional LJ kick.  

Don’t think it would have helped him with recruiting. Coaches see you in the summer and know about you. 

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

I've got some bad news for you.   Am hearing that the well known Yates communication program has just secured three move ins that are tall and good.  Bad news for all others in the region.

Indeed.   A 6’10”, a 6’8” and a very talented 6’3” PG transferring in from Pro Vision.   All 3 can play.   And add this to two of the better guards in the greater Houston area. Yates may have their best team since the glory days.  

On another note, one of the better guards in the Houston area from Ridge Point has enrolled at Family Faith in Dallas, the defending 4A champs.  

28 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Indeed.   A 6’10”, a 6’8” and a very talented 6’3” PG transferring in from Pro Vision.   All 3 can play.   And add this to two of the better guards in the greater Houston area. Yates may have their best team since the glory days.  

On another note, one of the better guards in the Houston area from Ridge Point has enrolled at Family Faith in Dallas, the defending 4A champs.  

Same feeling i have always had....small town schools really shouldnt have to face these big city schools.  We proved it can be done at times but really isnt an even playing field overall.

39 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Well I'm glad Silsbee got a few rings while they could.

Super teams are the future, I guess. Between Yates and Faith Family. I'm sure more will pop up.

Yes I realize a lot of teams (including Silsbee) gets a transfer here and there, but this is ridiculous.

Agreed.  Take Duncanville last year, the 6A champ.   Not only did they get (legally) Micah Peavy when they hired his dad as coach (which has long been a potential benefit when hiring a coach whose kid is a stud) but they pick up Jahmius Ramsey (now at Texas Tech) after the school year started.   In fact, if I’m not mistaken, Duncanville was the third school Ramsey was enrolled in last year, and the one at which he settled.  You aren’t off calling them super teams.  And despite having similar enrollments, you can’t compete when teams are forming with the talent base of a Houston or DFW.