Best Athlete from Central High School

BADSANTA

1 hour ago, Alpha Wolf said:

How about we break it down further since Central is no more...

Best QB...

Best RB...

Best WR...

Best Other positions...

Best QB  - we always seem to have the athletic QB's and domt really focus on passing.  We've never really been a passing team.  Couple of names I think of, butt they were just athletic and disnt showcase their arms much.  R. Mitchell, arm like a rocket but not accurate.  B. William's, world class athleticism AMD 6'5", but no arm.  J. Matherson , lots of heart and quickness but vertically challenged.  Help me out Wolf if I'm missing someone.

RB - couple of names come up, but it's obviously McElroy going away.  Few names honorable mention would be M. Teacher, D. Dixon, D. Heard, D. Whaley.

WR - I'm going with G. Mitchell.  He just caught passes and did it well.  Names that can be mentioned, D. Ogletree and K. Holman.

O-line - not sure 

D-line - A. Collins. and K. Alfred can be mentioned.

LB - I forgot that MLB's name that was on that 2008 squad alongside Hale, but him.

CB - P. Locke.  Got to mention B. Thomas as he lead the district in interceptions ome year

S - J. Ruffin, T. Brown, P. Jefferson to name a few.  Never really paid too much of attention to this position.   

KR/PR - I. William's

K/P - ??.  Help me out.

HC. D. Stowers

23 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Best QB  - we always seem to have the athletic QB's and domt really focus on passing.  We've never really been a passing team.  Couple of names I think of, butt they were just athletic and disnt showcase their arms much.  R. Mitchell, arm like a rocket but not accurate.  B. William's, world class athleticism AMD 6'5", but no arm.  J. Matherson , lots of heart and quickness but vertically challenged.  Help me out Wolf if I'm missing someone.

RB - couple of names come up, but it's obviously McElroy going away.  Few names honorable mention would be M. Teacher, D. Dixon, D. Heard, D. Whaley.

WR - I'm going with G. Mitchell.  He just caught passes and did it well.  Names that can be mentioned, D. Ogletree and K. Holman.

O-line - not sure 

D-line - A. Collins. and K. Alfred can be mentioned.

LB - I forgot that MLB's name that was on that 2008 squad alongside Hale, but him.

CB - P. Locke.  Got to mention B. Thomas as he lead the district in interceptions ome year

S - J. Ruffin, T. Brown, P. Jefferson to name a few.  Never really paid too much of attention to this position.   

KR/PR - I. William's

K/P - ??.  Help me out.

HC. D. Stowers

Soulja ima have to disagree with a position I know about. 

CB- I know Locke went to Texas and all but no way he was the best CB. B.Thomas (Lamar) was definitely the better one. J.T Thomas (Houston) from that same year could also be mentioned. Played CB 1 season and was absolutely stunning.  Cantue (Alcorn St) comes to mind Dan Dan (Midwestern State) from 05, also Corey Coleman and Ivory Williams could shut down one side of the field. Central has had good DBs, most off of athleticism but BT was def the most technique sound CB

Also them CBs from Coach Dixon days were dogs. Just can't think of there names

2 hours ago, D3zii said:

Soulja ima have to disagree with a position I know about. 

CB- I know Locke went to Texas and all but no way he was the best CB. B.Thomas (Lamar) was definitely the better one. J.T Thomas (Houston) from that same year could also be mentioned. Played CB 1 season and was absolutely stunning.  Cantue (Alcorn St) comes to mind Dan Dan (Midwestern State) from 05, also Corey Coleman and Ivory Williams could shut down one side of the field. Central has had good DBs, most off of athleticism but BT was def the most technique sound CB

Also them CBs from Coach Dixon days were dogs. Just can't think of there names

Ey, no problem disagreeing.  I know Thomas was dang good and your right.  I picked Locke because he's  in the NFL now. I honestly forgot about Cantue... Chopper was not a shut down corner, it was just teams were scared to throw to his side because of his blazing speed.  Yea, Coach D. Had some good CB's , but you have to remember, that era of football wasn't  spread and they weren't  real tested in the pass game. You had to be able to have decent speed and be able to lay the wood on the edges...

26 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Ey, no problem disagreeing.  I know Thomas was dang good and your right.  I picked Locke because he's  in the NFL now. I honestly forgot about Cantue... Chopper was not a shut down corner, it was just teams were scared to throw to his side because of his blazing speed.  Yea, Coach D. Had some good CB's , but you have to remember, that era of football wasn't  spread and they weren't  real tested in the pass game. You had to be able to have decent speed and be able to lay the wood on the edges...

That's definitely true. That's why I said B.T and Jeffery Thomas. But I see what you saying with Locke. It's a reasinnge made it ti the NFL. I'd out him as more of a nickle tho since he wasnt that fast and true about chopper lol but hey if teams don't throw at you I see that as shutdown but I understand what you saying 

20 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Yes, Derrick Hall's Brother.  He was also RB...

I do remember him playing running back, but IMO I thought he was a better outside linebacker than rb that’s why I said it like that. He would lay the wood and chase down running backs from behind and could cover a slot wr when needed too. Teams game planned around where he was on the field but still couldn’t stop him.  

12 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

I do remember him playing running back, but IMO I thought he was a better outside linebacker than rb that’s why I said it like that. He would lay the wood and chase down running backs from behind and could cover a slot wr when needed too. Teams game planned around where he was on the field but still couldn’t stop him.  

That's true.  He was a baller.  That's for sure...