5A-1 District 9 Why Not?

Lets talk about it. I know many wont chime in but why not.  I see a clear 1-2 finish at the top and then a couple middle teams that with some upsets could go either way.  New Caney has probably the best offensive player returning and what should be a strong defense.  I don't know much about P.A other then they are normally strong. Porter and K.P. could go either way.  Spots 5-6-7 could go either way if there are a couple upsets in there. GCM will be entering the season with a new coaching staff and alot of unknown spots to fill.  Should be an interesting start to the season.

1. New Caney

2. P.A.

3. Porter

4. K.P

5. GCM

6. Austin

7. Galena Park

8. Wisdom

1. P.A.

2. New Caney

3. King wood park

4. Porter

5. Austin

6. Galena Park 

7. GCM

8. Wisdom 

I think GCM will be better but the numbers are still low. I think it’s going to take time to build excitement and get that program rebuilt. Memorial will beat New Caney I think and I would give the edge to king wood park over porter. Austin will beat some one they aren’t supposed to.

NC

PA

KP

Porter

Austin

GP

GCM

Wisdom

Only reason I have Austin 5th is cause of that playmaker at WR and their RB. If they have good QB play and their OL can protect Porter might be on the outside looking in come playoff time. 

GP is a bit interesting cause they return alot, but then there's yet another HC change to go through, don't know how that will work out. 

• 5 weeks later...

Going to keep updating this post with GCM stuff during the season. Would be cool if other district mates in here want to with their schools also.

Qb-WR Emerson Haywood  has 2 offers from UIW and TSU but has committed to UIW and Center Jace Davis has been offered by McPherson in Kansas and also picked up a PWO walk-on from UIW Friday.

7 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

If home field means anything, PA over NC.  Everybody else is playing for 3rd and 4th.  Plus, it was behoove PA to finish 1st.  In Dist 10, the top 4 predicted are also in the top 15 in 5A D1

Doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things where we finish, we're still gonna face a tough opponent 1st round out the gate. Region 3 5A D1 is arguably the toughest region in the state for all of 5A as a whole. 

also lets not forget that last years New Caney game, PAM killed themselves!! not to take away anything from New Caney, but from coaching to players, PAM could not get it together!! record setting penalties. Coach stopped giving Cheney the ball cause NC could not stop him and no, he wasn't hurt cause he stayed in the game. I think we could of..no should have beaten NC by 10 or less!!

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Big on talent, Titans’ Jordon Thomas attracts big-name programs - Port Arthur News | Port Arthur News

This is the hidden content, please

He looks good on film as well.

Eagle's Derrick Harris Jr. 2021 OLB has committed to UT. Childress appears headed to UTSA and 2021 Sanders has a TT offer. If we're both healthy it should be a really good game.

• 2 weeks later...