Some local district predictions

My expert opinion & Ranking of 12-5A Div II 😀

Nederland- District Champ. Seems to have the most returning talent to lead the district.

BH - Has a strong defensive unit returning, plus a strong offensive line and senior laden team to lead the Eagles.

PNG - After watching boy wonder put this team on his back the last two years they will have to have a lot to step to fill his shoes.

Baytown Lee - The Ganders return 7 on offense and 7 on Defense returning most of their skill players including a 2,500 yard QB . They will make some noise this year. don't sleeps on the goose!

Crosby - Tons of talent in Crosby, but can they squash the DRAMA and get back to their winning ways? I give them a year to get settled. 

Santa Fe - Starting with a new coach and will also need a year to see what they can do.

Vidor - Slot T offense, Need a say more?

Dayton - 0-10 last year and return 7 total! another miserable year for the once great Broncos.

18 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Nederland- District Champ. Seems to have the most returning talent to lead the district.

BH - Has a strong defensive unit returning, plus a strong offensive line and senior laden team to lead the Eagles.

PNG - After watching boy wonder put this team on his back the last two years they will have to have a lot to step to fill his shoes.

Baytown Lee - The Ganders return 7 on offense and 7 on Defense returning most of their skill players including a 2,500 yard QB . They will make some noise this year. don't sleeps on the goose!

Crosby - Tons of talent in Crosby, but can they squash the DRAMA and get back to their winning ways? I give them a year to get settled. 

Santa Fe - Starting with a new coach and will also need a year to see what they can do.

Dayton - 0-10 last year and return 7 total! another miserable year for the once great Broncos.

I think you are right on the money with Nederland finishing first in district. Nederland finds ways to win & always has good defense. I can tell you for a fact that BH will be tough again, great team & coach.  The Indians will have a QB this year (Bost) who is not only quick, but also is 4 times a stronger armed passer than Roschon Johnson ever dreamed of being.  Mark that down, PNG will, in no way, be weak at the quarterback position. The Indians need to find a defense.  Lee, Crosby, Santa Fe can surprise anyone, at anytime. This is a strong district, top to bottom.  I have nothing but respect for these teams.  I am looking forward to a great season.

20 minutes ago, png9mon said:

I think you are right on the money with Nederland finishing first in district. Nederland finds ways to win & always has good defense. I can tell you for a fact that BH will be tough again, great team & coach.  The Indians will have a QB this year (Bost) who is not only quick, but also is 4 times a stronger armed passer than Roschon Johnson ever dreamed of being.  Mark that down, PNG will, in no way, be weak at the quarterback position. The Indians need to find a defense.  Lee, Crosby, Santa Fe can surprise anyone, at anytime. This is a strong district, top to bottom.  I have nothing but respect for these teams.  I am looking forward to a great season.

Whoakay.

38 minutes ago, png9mon said:

Thia the funniest think I've read all morning...

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Thia the funniest think I've read all morning...

Glad the truth entertains you.  Just wait & see.  I am not saying that Bost is as overall a physical strong specimen as R.J., however, for arm strength & the ability to get the ball out quickly & strongly down field, Bost is a better passer. You shall see!

On 7/28/2019 at 3:00 PM, BHFAN said:

Well, the top secret Spring Game went well for Ned, (Thanks to JK Chevy and Neches FCU for the sponsorships and KLVI for the broadcast) and the super secret summer practices were good also.  We will see how much noise Ned can make this year.  

1 hour ago, bigdog said:

Well, the top secret Spring Game went well for Ned, (Thanks to JK Chevy and Neches FCU for the sponsorships and KLVI for the broadcast) and the super secret summer practices were good also.  We will see how much noise Ned can make this year.  

ZERO Noise!!

3 hours ago, bigdog said:

Dang.  You should've told me.  I wanted to he in attendance...

Bost will not miss a step this season.  In my opinion he is a better skilled QB than Shug.  He will play QB at a D1 major school is my prediction as a QB.  With that being said we will outscore everyone in this district, so defense doesn't have to be that good. Finish with some Music by the great MC Hammer "Can't touch this"

PNG

BH

Ned

Crosby

Baytown 

Santa Fe

Dayton 

Vidor

I love all the predictions of Barbers Hill over PNG. Barbers Hill has been "about to be good" for years. The result? PNG is 6-0 against them, all games played since 2008. Why am I supposed to take as a given that Barbers Hill is going to beat us this year, when they've never been able to do so in any year? For that matter, I'm not sure BH has ever beaten Nederland either. . 

On 7/31/2019 at 10:04 PM, Rez Ipsa said:

I love all the predictions of Barbers Hill over PNG. Barbers Hill has been "about to be good" for years. The result? PNG is 6-0 against them, all games played since 2008. Why am I supposed to take as a given that Barbers Hill is going to beat us this year, when they've never been able to do so in any year? For that matter, I'm not sure BH has ever beaten Nederland either. . 

BH beat Ned in 2010 and 2011

On 7/31/2019 at 10:04 PM, Rez Ipsa said:

Correct BH has never beaten PNG. As of last year Ned has never beaten BH , but they pulled it out after being behind the whole game then took the lead with 2 min left. You can’t use history to predict the outcome of future games! Different players , coaches etc. BH will be at PNG and NEd this year , so both will be very tough outs for the Eagles

On 8/7/2019 at 1:14 PM, BHFAN said:

Correct BH has never beaten PNG. As of last year Ned has never beaten BH , but they pulled it out after being behind the whole game then took the lead with 2 min left. You can’t use history to predict the outcome of future games! Different players , coaches etc. BH will be at PNG and NEd this year , so both will be very tough outs for the Eagles

History is very often predictive, though I get what you're saying. Anyone can beat anyone on any night, and there is no reason that any team in this district won't pull out a victory against any other team in the district. My point is to look at trends. We aren't slaves to the past, but we shouldn't ignore it either. Vidor has only beaten PNG a few times in history, after playing over most of the last century -- It is usually a safe bet that PNG will beat Vidor (not that it is ever guaranteed, just that the odds favor it). BH is a little different -- BH usually plays us quite close (21-20, 21-14, and I think 34-28 in three of the games), so it's more of a toss-up. BUT, at home, all other things being equal, I'd favor PNG. It should be a good game. I may even drive into town for this one. 

On 7/28/2019 at 3:00 PM, BHFAN said:

Hey watch out Vidor will have a new look defense and believe or not they will be implementing the forward pass more than you think while still having plenty of misdirection. Should be interesting. 😁

31 minutes ago, Realville said:

Hey watch out Vidor will have a new look defense and believe or not they will be implementing the forward pass more than you think while still having plenty of misdirection. Should be interesting. 😁

They know what a forward pass is?? 

3 hours ago, Realville said:

I hope they do! BH ran that crap during the Ronnie Gage tenure and it was so painful to watch. I hope the Pirates do find that forward pass though our cornerbacks will be happy :) 

4 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

History is very often predictive, though I get what you're saying. Anyone can beat anyone on any night, and there is no reason that any team in this district won't pull out a victory against any other team in the district. My point is to look at trends. We aren't slaves to the past, but we shouldn't ignore it either. Vidor has only beaten PNG a few times in history, after playing over most of the last century -- It is usually a safe bet that PNG will beat Vidor (not that it is ever guaranteed, just that the odds favor it). BH is a little different -- BH usually plays us quite close (21-20, 21-14, and I think 34-28 in three of the games), so it's more of a toss-up. BUT, at home, all other things being equal, I'd favor PNG. It should be a good game. I may even drive into town for this one. 

Agreed! I would not place money on the Eagles at the Rez, but I do think they can win. At that point in district health is a big factor and we seem to have a hard time staying healthy. We got you last year when boy wonder was back and our starting QB was out! that's part of the game though … cant wait to see some football!

13 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

I hope they do! BH ran that crap during the Ronnie Gage tenure and it was so painful to watch. I hope the Pirates do find that forward pass though our cornerbacks will be happy :) 

My understanding is the coaching staff went up to Liberty Hill in the off season to visit with thier coaches about how they incorporate the pass in thier slot t offense along with the type of defense they run. Liberty Hill made it to the State Championship last year running the slot T with a lot more passing. Also Vidor will be going to 3 down lineman and 4 linebackers on defense. So we’ll see if the changes pay any dividends.