2019 HUFFMAN HARGRAVE FALCONS

This is the hidden content, please

2019 FOOTBALL TEAM PREVIEWS

HUFFMAN HARGRAVE FALCONS

2018 Record: 6-6 Overall, 3-2 District

11-4A-I Co-Runner Up

2018 was another successful season for the Huffman Hargrave Falcons as the Falcons qualified for the playoffs for the tenth time in eleven years.  Head Coach Mike McEachern will count on an experienced offense (9 starters returns), an experienced secondary, a lack of injuries and help from some young defensive players in order to make it to the playoffs for the eleventh time in twelve years.

Head Coach: Mike McEachern

Assistant Coaches:  Tony Swartz (Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line), Joey Buchta (Defensive Coordinator), Troy Sample (Special Teams Coordinator/Defensive Backs), Matt Thompson (Wide Receivers), Garrett Gates (Linebackers), Sean Bates (Defensive Line), Tom DeBerry (Quarterbacks), Chad Merchant (Offensive Line)

Offense:

9 starters return to the Hargrave offense in 2019.  Returning to run the Falcon spread will be senior quarterback Justin Shively (2nd team all-district).  Senior A.J. Miguel (1st team all-district) returns to lead the Falcon rushing attack.  Senior wide receivers Peyton Pierson (1st team all-district), Noah Zamora (2nd team all-district) and Garrett Holbrooks, as well as sophomore Luke Thomas, return to a veteran receiver group which will also feature junior wide outs Will Allen and Dallas McNeil.  Senior center Wyatt Greer, senior tackle Hunter Andrukitis (2nd team all-district) and senior guard Tyler Williams will solidify the Falcon offensive line.

Defense:

Six starters return to the Hargrave defense in 2019.  Senior defensive end Camern Jefferson will return to a defensive line which will also include senior lineman Garrett Sweeney, junior lineman Zach Pitts and junior defensive end Caleb Pierson.  Zamora (1st team all-district) will lead a linebacker corp which will include juniors Ethan Miller, Justin O'Neal and Wyatt Kasper.  Pierson (1st team all-district), Hallbrooks (1st team all-district), Thomas (11-4A-I Defensive Newcomer of the Year) and senior Brendyn Crosby return to roam the Falcon secondary.

Special Teams:

Senior Jackson Landry will be doing the place kicking for Hargrave while Jacob Watson will do the punting.  Hallbrooks will be the primary kick returner.

Schedule:

Aug. 30 - at Liberty, 7:30 pm

Sept. 6 - Fulshear, 7:00 pm

Sept. 13 - Houston Worthing, 7:00 pm

Sept. 20 - at Hardin-Jefferson, 7:30 pm

Sept. 27 - at Tomball Concordia Lutheran, 7:00 pm

Oct. 4 - OPEN

Oct. 11 - Lumberton, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 18 - at Bridge City, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 25 - Splendora, 7:00 pm*

Nov. 1 - at Little Cypress-Mauriceville, 7:00 pm*

Nov. 8 - Livingston, 7:00 pm*

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, LC-M said:

Gonna be tough between LCM, Splendora and Huffman 

Don't count Lumberton out of that mix. You got 4 solid teams that will challenge for the district champion spot. You never know in this district. So many close games, upsets, big injuries and surprises last year that influenced this district. 

15 minutes ago, Guitar Man said:

Don't count Lumberton out of that mix. You got 4 solid teams that will challenge for the district champion spot. You never know in this district. So many close games, upsets, big injuries and surprises last year that influenced this district. 

I think Lumberton will be a playoff team. But how competitive will they actually be? I guess ill have to see how good the wing T is. Of course injuries could play a part of it. I  still have Lumberton in the 4th spot and its nothing against them. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Kourt1
    Newest Member
    Kourt1