2019 WOODVILLE EAGLES

This is the hidden content, please

2019 FOOTBALL TEAM PREVIEWS

WOODVILLE EAGLES

2018 Record: 11-1 Overall, 7-0 District

District 12-3A-I Champion

It was quite a year for the Woodville Eagles in 2018.  Ty Robinson's Eagles swept through their district slate and captured the District 12-3A-I title.  In fact, the Eagles' only loss in 2018 was to eventual Class 3A, Division I State Champion Grandview.  The Eagles will bring back a young squad (3 offensive starters and 5 defensive starters return), relying on help from a successful junior varsity squad and several youngsters who contributed last year.  Look for the Eagles to again be in the running for a district title and perhaps more.

Head Coach: Ty Robinson

Assistant Coaches: Justin Havard (Offensive Coordinators), Woody McClendon (Offensive Line), Derek Hayes (Running Backs), Randy Williams (Defensive Tackles), Brad Evans (Safeties), Dustin Metting (Cornerbacks)

Offense:

3 starters return to the Woodville offense in 2019.  Senior running back Keon Chatman (2nd team all-district), who Robinson thinks will have a breakout year in 2019, will key the Eagle rushing attack.  Along side him will senior back Jaylon Hyder.  Kevon Paire will step in at fullback.  Senior guard Wade Walsh (1st team all-district) and senior Trey Hatton (2nd team all-district) will key an offensive line which will also include Seniors Conner Hassig and Malachi Celestine and junior Jack Gore.   

Defense:

5 starters return to the Woodville defense in 2019.  Leading things up front will be junior defensive tackle D'Quincy Wise (12-3A-I Co-Newcomer of the Year).  Junior outside linebacker Jacorey Hyder (2nd team all-district at safety) and Marcus Wagner (2nd team all-district at cornerback) will form the nucleus of the Eagle linebacker corp.  Jaylon Hyder (at safety) and cornerback Kaden Young (2nd team all-district) will anchor the Woodville defense.

Special Teams:

Special teams duties will be sorted out during summer practice.

Schedule:

Aug. 30 - at Little Cypress-Mauriceville, 7:30 pm

Sept. 6 - Madisonville, 7:30 pm

Sept. 13 - at Hardin-Jefferson, 7:30 pm

Sept. 20 - OPEN

Sept. 27 - at East Chambers, 7:30 pm*

Oct. 4 - Warren, 7:30 pm*

Oct. 11 - at Buna, 7:30 pm*

Oct. 18 - Anahuac, 7:30 pm*

Oct. 25 - at Orangefield, 7:30 pm*

Nov. 1 - Kirbyville, 7:30 pm*

Nov. 8 - at Hardin, 7:30 pm*