2019 GOOSE CREEK MEMORIAL PATRIOTS

This is the hidden content, please

2019 FOOTBALL TEAM PREVIEWS

GOOSE CREEK MEMORIAL PATRIOTS

2018 Record: 1-6 Overall, 2-8 District

7th Place in District 9-5A-I

The 2018 season was a bit of a disappointment for the Goose Creek Memorial Patriots as the Patriots failed to reach the playoffs for the fourth year in a row.  That prompted Goose Creek CISD to make a change and bring in new Head Coach Shannon Carter, formerly the defensive coordinator at Katy Cinco Ranch.  Carter also brought in six new coaches and inherits ten returning starters, as well as a number of returning lettermen, in an effort to bring the Patriots back to the playoffs.

Head Coach: Shannon Carter

Assistant Coaches: Daniel Ragsdale (Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks), Dimitri Gazelas (Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers), Robert Lewis (Wide Receivers), Tate Gresham (Running Backs), Cameron Young (Offensive Line), Corey Cook (Wide Receivers), McNeil Greenridge (Offensive Line), Derek Hufnagel (Safeties), Josh Rutherford (Defensive Backs), Jaime Hutchison (Outside Linebackers), Martin Toth (Defensive Line), Kevin Kennerle (Defensive Line)

Offense:

Six starters return to the Goose Creek Memorial offense in 2019.  Returning to guide the Patriot spread will be senior quarterback Emerson Haywood (2nd team all-district at wide receiver).  He will be joined in the backfield by junior running back Luis Acosta. Returning junior wide receivers Jalen Davis and Jaylon Thompson will be joined by junior Hosea Lane and Taaron Roberts.  Senior center Jace Davis (2nd team all-district) and senior guard Braeden Paige (2nd team all-district) will lead a team that will also feature junior tackle Tyler Tolliver.

Defense:

Four starters return to the Patriot 3-4 offense in 2019.  In the front seven, junior linebackers Brice Johnston and Elijah Cruz will lead the way.  The Patriot secondary will be led by the senior duo of cornerback Holden Hill and safety Michael Mafilou.  They will be joined by sophomores Reggie Holmes and sophomore Auriel Hector.

Special Teams:

All of the special teams positions will be determined during summer practice.

Schedule:

Aug. 29 - Pasadena Rayburn, 7:00 pm

Sept. 6 - South Houston, 7:00 pm

Sept. 13 - Clear Falls, 7:00 pm

Sept. 20 - OPEN

Sept. 27 - Houston Austin, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 3 - at Port Arthur Memorial, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 11 - at Porter, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 17 - Houston Wisdom, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 25 - at Galena Park, 7:00 pm*

Nov. 1 - New Caney, 7:00 pm*

Nov. 7 - at Kingwood Park, 7:00 pm*

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, oldman said:

Well duh!!!!! Yes I know about transferring.

just implying that they had 2 starting caliber QBs last year and didn’t do diddly with them.

1st the one who would be a Sr this year is competing for the BH job. He left and and played sparingly for Humble last season. 2nd is competing for the Crosby Job.

39 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I know, but this field is too beautiful not t have games played on...

It is a beautiful field but as GCMNation's picture shows, the seating would be woefully insufficient for varsity games....although it would probably be sufficient for 2 of its 3 district games.

8 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Although they are not that far away, I watched a number of games at Stallworth involving all Goose Creek CISD schools and to say that support is lacking would be an understatement.

Yea we would with out a doubt have to add some stands for both sides as well as update the score board and press box.

In my Opinion playing our games on campus would bring more fans to our game, if we are not winning no one cares about going to stallworth. Kids see in the stands it looks like 30 people are there plus the band when there is really 55 but they are all spread out. GCM it would put everyone together, make it a little louder and actually look a bit more like a crowd lol. 

But I know alot of people feel there is great tradition that comes with Stallworh. 

4 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I've heard this from others. I don't understand why. Stallworth is a good stadium. Lots of history there too I'm sure.

History yes, For Lee and Sterling. Really nothing from GCM in my opinion. I grew up and played at BH. So i love the home games played on campus atmospheres but again thats just me.

6 minutes ago, GCMNation5 said:

History yes, For Lee and Sterling. Really nothing from GCM in my opinion. I grew up and played at BH. So i love the home games played on campus atmospheres but again thats just me.

So maybe all Baytown schools should have a new Katy style stadium built. Would you mind a tax increase?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Kourt1
    Newest Member
    Kourt1