Wos jumbotron

7 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Bc won't happen. But I guess we will see.

This is funny. WOS would never merge with BC. LCM and WOS are in the same city limits. To be honest if it would save tax money I would be all for the merger. OC just went up in taxes and LCM school tax is highest in the county. But off topic me and my wos buddy was talking about if there were ever possible merger with wos and LCM. We would be around 1500 kids. We believe that we could be district champs with current area 5a d2 district they have now.  

16 minutes ago, LC-M said:

This is funny. WOS would never merge with BC. LCM and WOS are in the same city limits. To be honest if it would save tax money I would be all for the merger. OC just went up in taxes and LCM school tax is highest in the county. But off topic me and my wos buddy was talking about if there were ever possible merger with wos and LCM. We would be around 1500 kids. We believe that we could be district champs with current area 5a d2 district they have now.  

I don't think it would be up to WOS where they ended up.  Besides... they would all just be following Dan Ray to BC.  

:)

If I recall (I'm not going to research to confirm) the last two or three bond issues did address academics/buildings with little to no athletic improvements, even voting down turf one time. The fact that they addressed athletics in the last bond and the voters approved does not mean they have neglected academic facilities. 

By the same token, bond passing doesn't factor much in their academic fails. They have struggled for some time but I would say this is probably the first time for most to see their rating in black and white. They better wake up and focus strongly before things get worse.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, LC-M said:

I doubt they would merge. It would be more like Texas City isd over LAmarque. 

Sure... something like that.  

There would be some very unhappy WOS fans, to say the least.  The sad thing is that they won't have voice in the matter when it happens.  They only formed in '77 and have been a complete failure by every measurable criteria.... academics, enrollment, etc.....it's not at all hard to imagine them fading into memory. 

Their priorities are obviously all out-of-whack and the need oversight... that's beyond dispute. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Sure... something like that.  

There would be some very unhappy WOS fans, to say the least.  The sad thing is that they won't have voice in the matter when it happens.  They only formed in '77 and have been a complete failure by every measurable criteria.... academics, enrollment, etc.....it's not at all hard to imagine them fading into memory. 

Their priorities are obviously all out-of-whack and the need oversight... that's beyond dispute. 

Most of the WOS fans on here prob don’t even live In the school district.