Hamshire-Fannett HC open

So would this be considered a good career move ? Maybe it cuts down on the hours if Coach Pace doesn't have to coach Football or Track but Lumbertons underclass programs weren't real strong. I don't know what's going on at HF. I can remember not to many years ago they were respectable.

It is even worse then 6 in eleven years. 18-19 Pace, 17-18 Jacks, 16-17 Byerly, 15-16 Holder, 14-15 Bryant, 13-14 Cantor, 12-13 Collins, 11-12 Decello (half way through year was removed) Neal took over, 10-11 Richards. Before all of that I am not 100% sure but that is 10 coaches in 9 years. 

The kids in HF are good kids and yes there is some talent coming up for sure. The kids do not deserve this and they are the ones that get hurt by this. I wish Pace the best of luck as I have wished everyone that has left the same.

I sure hope our school board and AD finds a great coach to come in and stay for 4 to 5 years at least.

On 6/10/2019 at 10:43 AM, OneChance said:

Not a very desirable position in that tough district.

Good kids - decent talent - just need a coach that will stay a few years and be consistent with the program.   I think they can compete in that district with they right system and consistency.  The board and AD need to figure out why coaches leave or why good coaches decide to take other jobs over this one.  I know it was kinda strange a couple years ago when they had some solid applicants and then decided to move Jacks over instead of interviewing.

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

Does it have anything to do with football being a much bigger priority?

There is a huge Teacher/Coach shortage and this area pays very poorly. HF being one of the worst districts. Things are only gonna get worse. Next election dont vote for Dan Patrick and Abbott if you care about your kids education. 

I don't know that pay has ever been any more of an issue at H-F as with other schools.

My understanding is the administration and the school board at H-F, by reputation, is quite heavy with their micromanaging.  Also, that who gets playing time, regardless of the sport, sometimes depends on who knows who rather than who can do what.