Beaumont United...

56 minutes ago, Bugatti said:

I heard Malcolm will be taking over but I personally think they should bring Jeff Nelson back 

In reference to MF, I heard that as well.  If AL follows through with his ORIGINAL plan of stepping down next week, I'm fine with it. 

Someone stated to me the other day that the best football coach in Beaumont isn't even coaching football right now...

43 minutes ago, Bugatti said:

I heard Malcolm will be taking over but I personally think they should bring Jeff Nelson back 

Your opinion is respected however the late great singer Billy Preston song.. "Will it go round in circles".. says it best..."She'll" cancel Christmas before he gets the position...jmo... 

2 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

In reference to MF, I heard that as well.  If AL follows through with his ORIGINAL plan of stepping down next week, I'm fine with it. 

Someone stated to me the other day that the best football coach in Beaumont isn't even coaching football right now...

Very interesting....For every deed under the sun there's a reason or there's none if there be one go and find it if there be none never mind it...LoL...

8 minutes ago, JustUs said:

Your opinion is respected however the late great singer Billy Preston song.. "Will it go round in circles".. says it best..."She'll" cancel Christmas before he gets the position...jmo... 

I totally agree my brother.  I don't know why and what she has against JN.  And I wasn't saying he was going to get it, just saying he is not even in the game right now...

3 hours ago, LC-M said:

I agree. I’m sure he would take it to wait on the WOS job to come open whenever CT retires. 

They had a chance to go with Foreman when Hooks retired, but didn't.   I don't think he would go there due to that, especially now since he has experience coaching at higher levels.  5a at Central and now, Shoemaker at 6a...

44 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

They had a chance to go with Foreman when Hooks retired, but didn't.   I don't think he would go there due to that, especially now since he has experience coaching at higher levels.  5a at Central and now, Shoemaker at 6a...

They did not opt for Foreman, but remember the one who got that job was Thompson.  Toby told me before he landed the Central job that he definitely coveted the WO-S job.  He had not mentioned if either getting the Central, or ultimately the Shoemaker job changed that.

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Shoemaker might be a 6a but they are horrible. Central was a better job imo. Beaumont has good athletes and United Could be a good job. I just think as a coach you would like to go to a school with a winning tradition. What is Shoemaker paying him? But to be honest Foreman did not have a chance against Thompson the guy has been running that defense for 40 years. I’m not a WOS guy or anything but I hear Hooks needed Thompson 

2 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

They did not opt for Foreman, but remember the one who got that job was Thompson.  Toby told me before he landed the Central job that he definitely coveted the WO-S job.  He had not mentioned if either getting the Central, or ultimately the Shoemaker job changed that.

Yea, I just figured coaching for the higher classification is a common  goal amongst coaches, especially a young coach like Toby.  Better po at, better facilities,  broader range of resources, ect...

7 minutes ago, LC-M said:

Shoemaker might be a 6a but they are horrible. Central was a better job imo. Beaumont has good athletes and United Could be a good job. I just think as a coach you would like to go to a school with a winning tradition. What is Shoemaker paying him? But to be honest Foreman did not have a chance against Thompson the guy has been running that defense for 40 years. I’m not a WOS guy or anything but I hear Hooks needed Thompson 

Make no mistake, there are athletes in Killeen that could rival those in Beaumont,  it's just those athletes usually dont enroll at Shoemaker... and I think that Foreman did have something that Coach T dismt have.  Youth.  Youth can can relate better to the young talent.  I'm just talking about thia before the fact.  Obviously,  coach T proved everyone wrong with these state titles and state championship runs...

7 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Make no mistake, there are athletes in Killeen that could rival those in Beaumont,  it's just those athletes usually dont enroll at Shoemaker... and I think that Foreman did have something that Coach T dismt have.  Youth.  Youth can can relate better to the young talent.  I'm just talking about thia before the fact.  Obviously,  coach T proved everyone wrong with these state titles and state championship runs...

The talent is spread out in Killeen, all 4 schools have their share of good athletes, the thing is look at what district they're in for football, I doubt any team out of Killeen makes the playoffs this yr, just like last yr. 

1 hour ago, LC-M said:

More than what he was making here.  He told me Shoemaker is a military school and because kids parents get moved to different stations of assignment, you may have a kid one year and the next year he is gone...

1 minute ago, Alpha Wolf said:

More than what he was making here.  He told me Shoemaker is a military school and because kids parents get moved to different stations of assignment, you may have a kid one year and the next year he is gone...

LCM head coach makes more then BISD coaches. Which is crazy since its a 6a. So i would hope shoemaker would pay more lol

On 8/1/2019 at 11:20 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

I know first hand it's the only job that he would leave shoemaker for. Otherwise he is happy where he is. He has a gud relationship with everyone that is involved there.and u couldn't tell that his team was 0-10. But the next couple years they will get a couple wins up under his belt.the funny part is even with a 0-10 team.he still got kids scholarships.

3 minutes ago, dj said:

I know first hand it's the only job that he would leave shoemaker for. Otherwise he is happy where he is. He has a gud relationship with everyone that is involved there.and u couldn't tell that his team was 0-10. But the next couple years they will get a couple wins up under his belt.the funny part is even with a 0-10 team.he still got kids scholarships.

He won 2 district games last yr, finished 2-8. He should have them a lil better this yr, but not playoff better.