Bridge City ineligible player ???

WO-S 89

3 hours ago, LC-M said:

Honestly they are assuming. Griff is on this site maybe he will get on here and talk about it. I was told it was HJ that turned them in. They broke the rules. I guess Griff is more of a standup guy then their coach is.  

Keep digging the hole.........please keep digging the hole.

Can i buy my tickets to the 3rd round now?  It will be epic no doubt!

Rake1

Oh, this can of worms is slithering now...lol.  Everyone has "facts"...could their have "possibly" been a player recruited from another school to BC who was promised certain things that didn't play out the way it was agreed? ...reeks of an inside job.  A slighted baseball parent can be more viscious than a mortal enemy. Just food for thought...it may or may not be floating around Texas Ave. already.

And.....as a disclaimer...I don't have "facts"   just the blades of the rumor mill spinning. I have no idea who the whistleblower was...and frankly, I dont think it matters. Rules were broken and enforced...I hate it for the kids but such is life...they'll still have their playoff opportunities. And I wish them well.

2 hours ago, dfreeman said:

It was indeed Griff!! I don't speculate, I post facts!!!

OK.  Say it is indeed Coach Griffith that did report the violations to the 22-4A DEC....and by the way my source did indicate it was Coach Griffith who reported it.  Where has your FACT gotten you?

Would he have been ok by, if it was him, just saying "It's not a big deal, so I won't say anything."  Actually no. the UIL Constitution, Sec. 51 specifically states that, "Any covered school district personnel (all contest sponsors) who by act or omission causes a student representative or a member school to do or fail to do any more of those actions or omissions listed below shall be in violation of the Constitution and Contest Rules."

Subsection (a)(6) under that section is "failing to report known violations in a timely manner or withholding information."

Thus, if Coach Griffith, or whoever reported the violations, was made aware of the violations by BC, even though those violations were unintentional, and did not report them, he would have been in violation of UIL rules and could have subjected LC-M to sanctions by the UIL or District 22-4A.

Did Coach Griffith, or whoever reported it, violate Section 51 by not timely reporting the alleged violations?  Sure, three games elapsed from the time BC first used an ineligible player to the time it was reported.  But was there even an allegation made to the 22-4A DEC that he did not timely report the violations?  There is no indication that I was made aware of that any such allegation was made against Coach Griffith and there sure was no finding by the 22-4A DEC to that effect.

What the real FACT is, whether it had been Steve Griffith, Randy Crouch or those that say it was Edd Trotter or Dwayne Dubois, that whatever was reported to the 22-4A DEC was, by the vote of voting members of the committee, determined to have merit and warrant the forfeiture of 3 of the Cardinal's victories.

Believe me, I know that BC fans are mad about this and want either Coach Landry or Coach DeShazo to exact what they feel is their warranted pound of flesh (figuratively anyway) in the baseball playoffs or, if not then, on the football field or baseball diamond in the 2019-20 school year.

I know because I was there 27 years ago when a report by LC-M to the district committee forced WO-S to forfeit a number of games that had them going from winning a district championship to missing the playoffs altogether.  To this day, I want the Mustangs to make their side of a scoreboard look like a pinball machine when they play LC-M.  And you also know what, that disdain hasn't done me a damned bit of good.

14 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

OK.  Say it is indeed Coach Griffith that did report the violations to the 22-4A DEC....and by the way my source did indicate it was Coach Griffith who reported it.  Where has your FACT gotten you?

Would he have been ok by, if it was him, just saying "It's not a big deal, so I won't say anything."  Actually no. the UIL Constitution, Sec. 51 specifically states that, "Any covered school district personnel (all contest sponsors) who by act or omission causes a student representative or a member school to do or fail to do any more of those actions or omissions listed below shall be in violation of the Constitution and Contest Rules."

Subsection (a)(6) under that section is "failing to report known violations in a timely manner or withholding information."

Thus, if Coach Griffith, or whoever reported the violations, was made aware of the violations by BC, even though those violations were unintentional, and did not report them, he would have been in violation of UIL rules and could have subjected LC-M to sanctions by the UIL or District 22-4A.

Did Coach Griffith, or whoever reported it, violate Section 51 by not timely reporting the alleged violations?  Sure, three games elapsed from the time BC first used an ineligible player to the time it was reported.  But was there even an allegation made to the 22-4A DEC that he did not timely report the violations?  There is no indication that I was made aware of that any such allegation was made against Coach Griffith and there sure was no finding by the 22-4A DEC to that effect.

What the real FACT is, whether it had been Steve Griffith, Randy Crouch or those that say it was Edd Trotter or Dwayne Dubois, whatever was reported to the 22-4A DEC was, by the vote of voting members of the committee, determined to have merit and warrant the forfeiture of 3 of the Cardinal's victories.

Believe me, I know that BC fans are mad about this and want either Coach Landry or Coach DeShazo to exact what they feel is their warranted pound of flesh (figuratively anyway) in the baseball playoffs or, if not then, on the football field or baseball diamond in the 2019-20 school year.

I know because I was there 27 years ago when a report by LC-M to the district committee forced WO-S to forfeit a number of games that had them going from winning a district championship to missing the playoffs altogether.  To this day, I want the Mustangs to make their side of a scoreboard look like a pinball machine when they play LC-M.  And you also know what, that disdain hasn't done me a damned bit of good.

That fact hasn't gotten me anything, but I do believe everyone has a right to know who it was so it could end all the "speculation".  I know who your source is, and I know y'all are good friends. If I had to speculate, you knew who it was at the time I made the original comment.  Considering your sources relationship to one of the parties involved, he would definitely be one that knew who brought it to light. 

13 minutes ago, dfreeman said:

That fact hasn't gotten me anything, but I do believe everyone has a right to know who it was so it could end all the "speculation".  I know who your source is, and I know y'all are good friends. If I had to speculate, you knew who it was at the time I made the original comment.  Considering your sources relationship to one of the parties involved, he would definitely be one that knew who brought it to light. 

Indeed 

Was reported by the BC coaching staff after they realized what happened. The staff knows  BC baseball  is always under a microscope.They acted swiftly as it is better to take your punishment now and move on to the playoffs than to be reported during the playoffs and forfeit the season. 

5 minutes ago, Lcmfan3 said:

Was reported by the BC coaching staff after they realized what happened. The staff knows  BC baseball  is always under a microscope.They acted swiftly as it is better to take your punishment now and move on to the playoffs than to be reported during the playoffs and forfeit the season. 

Lol. Ok

7 hours ago, Lcmfan3 said:

And this is your fist post?  LOL, COM'N MAN or WoMAN.....   

40 minutes ago, dfreeman said:

I wonder if someone was trying to dodge playing Sweeney? 

Uh oh, I think you may be on to something. So putting this with my earlier post on the amazing timing and a certain team getting out of that dreaded 3rd spot...nah, must be that BC parent with the report (I wonder how detailed the report was, could a parent do it?) or maybe the laughable notion of BC reporting themselves, c’mon NO ONE does that. 

Again, only 1 team of kids is truly punished.

18 hours ago, LC-M said:
53 minutes ago, Baba Ganoush32 said:

Uh oh, I think you may be on to something. So putting this with my earlier post on the amazing timing and a certain team getting out of that dreaded 3rd spot...nah, must be that BC parent with the report (I wonder how detailed the report was, could a parent do it?) or maybe the laughable notion of BC reporting themselves, c’mon NO ONE does that. 

Completely honest question....

which team is getting punished and can you explain it? I’m trying to follow it. Seriously no sarcasm here. I’m trying to work the numbers out to see the point.

Rake1

1 hour ago, Baba Ganoush32 said:

256 pages worth and you have to know how to go about looking through game changer avg parent not a chance heck to know the rules of play not a chance.....