What Will Be Our Next Pandemic

Hagar

4 hours ago, baddog said:

Just an update....

Dr. Oz on Chinese nurse's explosive claim about true number of coronavirus infections

This is the hidden content, please

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at

So there may not be a catastrophic amount of deaths, but a heckuva bunch of sick people.   

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

So there may not be a catastrophic amount of deaths, but a heckuva bunch of sick people.   

Hopefully so. So far, the dead are the young and old, which is usually the case with flu.

Most viruses originate in SE Asia. Gee, I wonder why? Could it be due to the cramping of so many people with their livestock and poultry? Heck yes.

2 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

From the article

As of Sunday, the number of confirmed cases on China's mainland surpass 14,000.

The first person outside of China has died from coronavirus as the death toll surpasses 300. 

Knowing China’s Rep for avoiding anything that reflects badly, I’d bet it’s closer to a thousand.   But that’s just speculation on my part.

• 2 weeks later...

What I have learned today is that most of the cases have been mild. The young, old, and sickly have been the recorded deaths, which sadly is expected. 

What is alarming to me is that I could contract this virus today, infect everyone I come in contact with, and not show any symptoms for two weeks. Something that contagious and hidden is very difficult to isolate.

49 minutes ago, baddog said:

What I have learned today is that most of the cases have been mild. The young, old, and sickly have been the recorded deaths, which sadly is expected. 

What is alarming to me is that I could contract this virus today, infect everyone I come in contact with, and not show any symptoms for two weeks. Something that contagious and hidden is very difficult to isolate.

That is what scares me about it

6 hours ago, NetCat said:

That is what scares me about it

This is interesting.....

Sen. Tom Cotton stands by startling theory on coronavirus origins: 'We need to be open to all possibilities'

Even though I don’t believe this coronavirus pandemic is the one to end humanity, if we ever have a quick spreader that is much more deadly like bubonic plague or ebola, it could happen. This virus is a fast spreader, and that’s a bit scary, but I’m not going to panic just yet. Third world countries are taking a hit because they are third world. Americans are a well vaccinated country and that will help us tremendously. It’s gonna be ok.

Then we get doom and gloom articles like this and it spreads panic ahead of the virus. 

Coronavirus disruption to ‘everyday’ life in US ‘may be severe,’ CDC official says