#1 Shelbyville (22-2A) vs #2 East Chambers (22-3A)

tennisbc

3 hours ago, Crawford said:

No one said they should just play "the reserves". Everyone would get some playing time, but just to a minimum. Mainly your starters or key players, to lower the risk of injury just before the playoffs when it matters the most. And like Ferg 510 had mention, if you have players nursing their injuries, of coarse you wouldn't put them in this game. 

Nursing injuries is one thing but coaches dont take a warmup game, especially one between 2 teams of this caliber just for a light practice.  They want the game to be stiff competition to see where they are against good competition.  The kids can get hurt at practice, just ask Dez Bryant. If these coaches were going tomworry about an injury they wouldnt have agreed to the game.  Now if the game situation warrants removing players, ie a blowout or maybe a physical game getting out of control then all things change.

6 hours ago, ST413 said:

Yeah and a kid can get hurt in practice just as easy as a game....matters mot when the game was agreed upon.  If they have injuries sure they may sit them out but if not i am sure both coaches will go all out to win this game or else they would not have agreed upon it.

I agree 100%. I'm saying 4 games later and numerous practices things change and decisions have to be made. Kids that would definitely be playing in the playoffs with injuries might not in a warm up. Never said they wont go all out to win but not at all cost like they will in the playoffs. Should be a great game.

3 hours ago, Ferg 510 said:

I agree 100%. I'm saying 4 games later and numerous practices things change and decisions have to be made. Kids that would definitely be playing in the playoffs with injuries might not in a warm up. Never said they wont go all out to win but not at all cost like they will in the playoffs. Should be a great game.

Hey Ferg, you know I’m a distant fan of Shelbyville, and I understand Lipan, but what happen in Aransas Pass game?  Didn’t realize y’all had lost to them.

15 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Hey Ferg, you know I’m a distant fan of Shelbyville, and I understand Lipan, but what happen in Aransas Pass game?  Didn’t realize y’all had lost to them.

No we beat them and Lipan game we played the worst game we played all year I'm sure in large part to Lipan. We've only lost 2 the other was to Spring Hill on a shot at the buzzer. Hagar we are playing the best ball of the year right now. Just hope it last.

3 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

This will be a play to win game just like any other. Unless a player has a nagging injury. 

Yes this is what I was saying. Decisions in this game will be completely different than a decision that would be made in a playoff game otherwise I think both teams will go all out to win this warm up game.

Well I can promise we will play to win although the reason we are playing goes far beyond winning. We need tested and East Chambers and Coach Sutherland will prepare us for the playoffs. As you can tell by looking at our schedule we do not shy from great competition. The boys wanted to play this game, it was their decision and they are all in( as usual). Should be a great game and I enjoy all the support of high school basketball.

1:00 PM – #4 Big Sandy (16-2A) vs Longview Pine Tree (16-5A)                                                2:30 PM – Dekalb (14-3A) vs Kerens (19 – 2A) 4:00 PM – #10 Coldspring Oak (23-3A) vs #23 Atlanta (14-3A)                                                    5:30 PM – #1 Shelbyville (22-2A) vs #2 EastChambers (22-3A)                                       7:00 PM – Edgewood (12-3A) vs #5 Grapeland (20-2A)                                                                  8:30 PM – #9 Tenaha (22-2A) vs Carthage(20-4A)                                                                                Fridays updated schedule should be a great day for basketball junkies 

9 hours ago, Ferg 510 said:

1:00 PM – #4 Big Sandy (16-2A) vs Longview Pine Tree (16-5A)                                                2:30 PM – Dekalb (14-3A) vs Kerens (19 – 2A) 4:00 PM – #10 Coldspring Oak (23-3A) vs #23 Atlanta (14-3A)                                                    5:30 PM – #1 Shelbyville (22-2A) vs #2 EastChambers (22-3A)                                       7:00 PM – Edgewood (12-3A) vs #5 Grapeland (20-2A)                                                                  8:30 PM – #9 Tenaha (22-2A) vs Carthage(20-4A)                                                                                Fridays updated schedule should be a great day for basketball junkies 

Is this whole lineup taking place at the same location on the same day?

1 hour ago, Polar Bear said:

EC has not had a competitive game in several weeks.  The whole point of this game for EC is to have to play under pressure. I assure you Sutherland is playing this game to win. 

Shelbyville has played a ranked team just about every week of the season. Coach Schmidt will play to win. Should be a great game.

39 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I probably already know the answer to my question, but I'll ask it anyways. Will this "warm up game", effect the teams record? Will it count? Shelbyville 32-2 and East Chambers 25-2.

Yes Shelbyville had 1 game left open for this purpose of a warm up game. I know they counted last year's warm warm up game.

On 2/7/2019 at 6:39 PM, TxHoops said:

I agree.   I could see Shelbyville maybe winning a nail biter.  Or it wouldn’t shock me if the Bucs won by 20.    10 sounds about right though.  

44 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

I definitely don’t see Shelbyville as big under dogs 

I was thinking of Txhoops which I respect his basketball knowledge saying the Bucs could win by 20. Twenty point underdog in a matchup against #1 & #2 is a big underdog IMO.

14 minutes ago, Ferg 510 said:

I was thinking of Txhoops which I respect his basketball knowledge saying the Bucs could win by 20. Twenty point underdog in a matchup against #1 & #2 is a big underdog IMO.

Purely from a matchup perspective.  But it’s tough to say until you see them matched up.  The only result that would surprise me would be a Shelbyville blowout.  Any other result I could see.  My guess is EC by 5-10.   Six seems like a good line.