#1 Shelbyville (22-2A) vs #2 East Chambers (22-3A)

tennisbc

29 minutes ago, Plus 1 said:

Just curious but why wouldn't the starters see the most playing time? Purpose for the warm up game is to keep the starters warm, not the bench.

Risking them getting injured in a meaningless game just before the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, Ferg 510 said:

Just asking if you have starters nursing injuries that would play if it was the playoffs would you play them in this game?

No but i also would not have accepted a warm up game in that situation either.  The coaches accept these game to keep that rhythm of playing twice a week and to try to get some good work in.  Especially if they can find someone who may fit an area that his team needs to work on.  I dont believe either coach would accept a game if they were just going to play the reserves.  I dont think they would do that to the other coach in most cases.

21 hours ago, ST413 said:

No but i also would not have accepted a warm up game in that situation either.  The coaches accept these game to keep that rhythm of playing twice a week and to try to get some good work in.  Especially if they can find someone who may fit an area that his team needs to work on.  I dont believe either coach would accept a game if they were just going to play the reserves.  I dont think they would do that to the other coach in most cases.

No one said they should just play "the reserves". Everyone would get some playing time, but just to a minimum. Mainly your starters or key players, to lower the risk of injury just before the playoffs when it matters the most. And like Ferg 510 had mention, if you have players nursing their injuries, of coarse you wouldn't put them in this game. 

27 minutes ago, Crawford said:

No one said they should just play "the reserves". Everyone would get some playing time, but just to a minimum. Mainly your starters or key players, to lower the risk of injury just before the playoffs when it matters the most. And like Ferg 510 had mention, if you have players nursing their injuries, of coarse you wouldn't put them in this game. 

I can guarantee Sutherland is going to do everything to win this game. 

11 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

And your point??

Read above everyone talking about they would or should have done this or that. Things change kids get hurt stuff happens.  I can only speak for Shelbyville but I would think EC as well will consider this season a Bust if they don't bring home a state title. Therefore if beating Shelbyville is more important to EC then by all means go all out. All I'm saying 4 games later things may happen and coaches may have to make decisions. Still picking Shelbyville to win but could careless as long as they win the title