Do they have a real chance???

So who has a real chance at making it to State tournament this year?

United? Or is Region 3 in 6A too much?

HJ? Is there another 4A team in the region that can compete with them?

BH? They have been close before, can they get there again?

Woodville or Orangefield in 3A? Would they get a chance to play each other in regional final?

Jasper? Could they sneak up on HJ and surprise everybody?

I think Orangefield will make it to regionals, not sure about after that.  Woodville on paper should make it to state, but I remember one year they were ranked very high and lost to Hardin in an early round. 

BH is very young, I don't see them making it as far as they did the last few years. 

United is undefeated, but what 6A teams other than district play have they beat? 

I have a good feeling HJ goes to state. 

I think HJ has the best shot at it.  United has a very tough road ahead of them but their win over Hightower shows they can play with quality teams.  I hope that both of these teams make it to San Antonio.  BH is a couple of years away from another run.

1 hour ago, OneChance said:

So who has a real chance at making it to State tournament this year?

United? Or is Region 3 in 6A too much?

HJ? Is there another 4A team in the region that can compete with them?

BH? They have been close before, can they get there again?

Woodville or Orangefield in 3A? Would they get a chance to play each other in regional final?

Jasper? Could they sneak up on HJ and surprise everybody?

Wow - I can't believe Jasper is even in this topic...   It's a compliment for sure! We are young (no Seniors on this team) and going through a process for the first time - we did not show well against Woodville in the first half - then settled down and played good in second half - we can't make that mistake again -  We are just focused on the next game right now and that is Huntington tonight... I expect a tough contest. 

I think HJ will represent Region III this year.  They could get tested in a potential match up with Midlothian Heritage and then they have to beat Yates or Wheatly too but I think their guard play sets them apart. -  

I like United a lot - but don't know enough about other 6A teams to weigh in on them.

I think either Orangefield or Woodville will be there from region III 3A - that game is a toss up and could go either way.  I don't really see anyone else in region III 3A playing on their level.  

Hj and Woodville without a doubt should be there. Love my Bobcats but not yet on same level with Woodville. Woodville press one of the best around with a killer instinct and the coach always looking at ways to improve. Lots of weapons on the floor. OF has to get past the first round which we have not been able to do despite being one of the top seeds last few years. Not the best at making adjustments in close games. 

For United, they have a pretty good shot. Region III-6A is kinda wide open but Cy Creek will be the big team to take down along with Katy, Summer Creek and Atascocita.

BH isn't really the same team with entering post-Charli Collier era but need things to go their way to go deep.

H-J are probably one of the regional favorites with Midlothian Heritage in the region. Houston ISD could see a regional tournament team in North Forest or Yates. Wheatley lost to Yates on Tuesday pretty handily and are not the same team from last year. Silsbee could be in the mix also. 

Woodville are probably in the same boat at H-J but they are in a deeper region with Keene, Blooming Grove, who are experienced and have all 5 starters back from last year. Franklin is in the top 5 and playing good ball. Buffalo are strong with a new coach leading the way. OF, IMO, are the sleeper in the region. 

I would keep an eye on Hull-Daisetta in 2A, lots of experience back from last year and in the preseason, there were whispers of them going to be good and having a deep run but will have to run against a team in 22-2A in the area round, most likely. 

8 hours ago, nick_royreport said:

For United, they have a pretty good shot. Region III-6A is kinda wide open but Cy Creek will be the big team to take down along with Katy, Summer Creek and Atascocita.

BH isn't really the same team with entering post-Charli Collier era but need things to go their way to go deep.

H-J are probably one of the regional favorites with Midlothian Heritage in the region. Houston ISD could see a regional tournament team in North Forest or Yates. Wheatley lost to Yates on Tuesday pretty handily and are not the same team from last year. Silsbee could be in the mix also. 

Woodville are probably in the same boat at H-J but they are in a deeper region with Keene, Blooming Grove, who are experienced and have all 5 starters back from last year. Franklin is in the top 5 and playing good ball. Buffalo are strong with a new coach leading the way. OF, IMO, are the sleeper in the region. 

I would keep an eye on Hull-Daisetta in 2A, lots of experience back from last year and in the preseason, there were whispers of them going to be good and having a deep run but will have to run against a team in 22-2A in the area round, most likely. 

That’s great information.   

Should Orangefield and Woodville both win there respective districts they would potentially meet up in the 3rd round to go to regionals.  And region 3 3A is loaded with Keene, Buffalo, Boling who beat Orangefield earlier this season, Franklin who is always a threat as well as Anderson Shiro who is playing well.  Plus there is always some sleeper teams that seem to rise to the top during the playoffs.

I’m fairly new to this Forum, I’m usually in college and sometimes Highschool football..

I haven’t seen united play , but I know of the other girls teams, Just looking at United’s schedule , them seem legit,  in region 3 IMO all they have to worry about is Jersey Village, not sayin those other teams y’all named can’t play, but I’ve seen Jersey village come up here and take a very good Desoto team to OT...If they can defeat them The real test won’t come til after when they get matched up with a Dallas Area team (Cedar Hill, Mansfield Timberview, Duncanville, and Desoto) imo from what I’ve seen these 4 teams can play with anybody in the country, and should be The favorite at State but like I said, I haven’t seen United but they seem to be pretty good..

33 minutes ago, TexazBall said:

I’m fairly new to this Forum, I’m usually in college and sometimes Highschool football..

I haven’t seen united play , but I know of the other girls teams, Just looking at United’s schedule , them seem legit,  in region 3 IMO all they have to worry about is Jersey Village, not sayin those other teams y’all named can’t play, but I’ve seen Jersey village come up here and take a very good Desoto team to OT...If they can defeat them The real test won’t come til after when they get matched up with a Dallas Area team (Cedar Hill, Mansfield Timberview, Duncanville, and Desoto) imo from what I’ve seen these 4 teams can play with anybody in the country, and should be The favorite at State but like I said, I haven’t seen United but they seem to be pretty good..

Region 3 is a tough one. Jersey Village may be the best in the region, there is also Cy Creek, Summer Creek, Atascocita, and Katy who are all Region 3 contenders.  United may get a test in the 3rd round maybe facing Atascocita.