2019 Houston Astros

Gurriel was player of the month in July and hasn't slowed down since. Cole has now won 10 straight starts and is giving JV a run for the Cy Young.

Greinke didn't impress me much with his first start. But the Rockies are a NL West team that has seen him a lot and hit him well. I expect him to improve as he gets to work more with the staff.

Alverez should be rookie of the year. 3 HR last night. 1 was a grand slam. Astros scored a team record 23 runs. That makes 8 straight. Now I know Baltimore is horrible, but we are healthy and clicking on all cylinders. Get ready for October. Take it back. LETS GO ASTROS. 

This is the hidden content, please

2 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Alverez should be rookie of the year. 3 HR last night. 1 was a grand slam. Astros scored a team record 23 runs. That makes 8 straight. Now I know Baltimore is horrible, but we are healthy and clicking on all cylinders. Get ready for October. Take it back. LETS GO ASTROS. 

This is the hidden content, please

If Alvarez keeps this pace up, he could be the all-time HR king......without steroids. I can see why he was intentionally walked 6 times in a row in AAA. I feel lucky that I am able to witness this happening in my lifetime. Baltimore is horrible, but no one else has scored 23 runs on them and hit this many HRs, including the longest ever hit at Camden (Correa).

2 hours ago, baddog said:

If Alvarez keeps this pace up, he could be the all-time HR king......without steroids. I can see why he was intentionally walked 6 times in a row in AAA. I feel lucky that I am able to witness this happening in my lifetime. Baltimore is horrible, but no one else has scored 23 runs on them and hit this many HRs, including the longest ever hit at Camden (Correa).

Listening to today's game, I just heard them say he has more RBIs thru his first however many games than anyone ever, including Ted Williams.  Great time to be a Astros fan.

On 8/3/2019 at 9:17 PM, baddog said:

Ended up being a 4 pitcher no-no. What a team we have.

I was lucky enough to be at this game.  I don't think most people, with the pitching changes, realized a no-no was about to happen.  The crowd that left after the eighth was mind blowing.  Just to be honest, I didn't realize it until the 6th.

1 hour ago, BS Wildcats said:

I was lucky enough to be at this game.  I don't think most people, with the pitching changes, realized a no-no was about to happen.  The crowd that left after the eighth was mind blowing.  Just to be honest, I didn't realize it until the 6th.

I was listening and didn't realize it, until Sanchez came out after 6. But I can't believe people actually left. That just blows my mind. It should be expected though. Some people don't pay attention unless there's a HR.

11 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I was listening and didn't realize it, until Sanchez came out after 6. But I can't believe people actually left. That just blows my mind. It should be expected though. Some people don't pay attention unless there's a HR.

Funny thing about the HR, I missed the only one hit that night, nature called.

13 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Some people don't pay attention unless there's a HR.

This brings me to the additional netting that will be installed before the next homestand. What do yall think?

I personally dont like it. No more sitting behind the dugout and catching a foul ball? Or what about ABreg making the final out and tossing the ball to a kid in the front row? I've already seen a couple guys dive into the stands to rob a foul ball. Only to bounce off the net like a trapeze artist. It makes the "Jeter dive play" so much better

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

This brings me to the additional netting that will be installed before the next homestand. What do yall think?

I personally dont like it. No more sitting behind the dugout and catching a foul ball? Or what about ABreg making the final out and tossing the ball to a kid in the front row? I've already seen a couple guys dive into the stands to rob a foul ball. Only to bounce off the net like a trapeze artist. It makes the "Jeter dive play" so much better

Don't like it!  If you're going to sit in those seats, you should be ready for the balls hit in your direction.

I think the net is for line-drive fouls. Pop-ups will be allowed. I could be wrong. It’s happened before.

Heckuva way to lose a great comeback game for the Astros. You could see it coming though, the way  Osuna was pitching. That was lowly Baltimore’s World Series win right there.

4 hours ago, baddog said:

I think the net is for line-drive fouls. Pop-ups will be allowed. I could be wrong. It’s happened before.

Heckuva way to lose a great comeback game for the Astros. You could see it coming though, the way  Osuna was pitching. That was lowly Baltimore’s World Series win right there.

Hope you're right.

Osuna frustrates me. I'm definitely not sure if he can lock down the 9th in a game 7

That was Baltimore's first walk of in over a year. Looked like only Astros fans hung around to see it