2019 Houston Astros

2 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Tyler white officially designate him for assignment... long time coming. Good riddance  

Since alverez came up smashing, it was between white and Kemp. Great decision. I like Kemp's speed and ability to play multiple positions. Still looking for a deal for another lights out starting pitcher. the trade deadline changed this year. Its July 31, period. No late deals like with Verlander. They gotta get it done.

6 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Since alverez came up smashing, it was between white and Kemp. Great decision. I like Kemp's speed and ability to play multiple positions. Still looking for a deal for another lights out starting pitcher. the trade deadline changed this year. Its July 31, period. No late deals like with Verlander. They gotta get it done.

Alvarez is killing it. That’s for sure. Don’t sell the farm for Thor... Madbaum I have a hard time seeing the giants selling him now because they are in the middle of a wild car push now. They are the hottest team in baseball. So now I want Caleb Smith lefty from Miami we would have control of him through 2023 so it’s worth the trade just lacks experience. Grienke.. ehh I like him but comes with baggage.. Stroman would be a solid pick up I can get behind

43 minutes ago, baddog said:

Could have gotten more help from the Twins but I’m ok with 6.5. Very impressed with starting pitching last two games. We miss McCullers and I personally miss Morton. Can’t believe they let him get away. What about the pitcher suspended 80 games for PEDs? Did he have surgery or what?

I miss McCullers too... I would take either of them right now. But it is what it is 

50 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Alvarez is killing it. That’s for sure. Don’t sell the farm for Thor... Madbaum I have a hard time seeing the giants selling him now because they are in the middle of a wild car push now. They are the hottest team in baseball. So now I want Caleb Smith lefty from Miami we would have control of him through 2023 so it’s worth the trade just lacks experience. Grienke.. ehh I like him but comes with baggage.. Stroman would be a solid pick up I can get behind

I'm not familiar with the guy from Miami, and don't like Greinke. But stroman would be good. And thor would be great if Mets don't want too much. Would he be a 1 year rental?

54 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Oh in that case I say go for it. They are on a win now mentality. Forest is still in doubt of making it past round rock. 

For Thor it was Kyle Tucker, Forest, and a player to be named. I think the Astros were trying to move Tyler white as well but they before a trade package could be done. But still possibly can.... he’s under contract through 2021 

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I'm not familiar with the guy from Miami, and don't like Greinke. But stroman would be good. And thor would be great if Mets don't want too much. Would he be a 1 year rental?

Caleb Smith is from Huntsville stayed home and played ball for Sam Houston. Used to roast the cards.. been following him since he got drafted by the Yankees. He’s gotten better every season in the majors just the only thing that kinda scares me is the injuries he gets. But when healthy can be great partner to have in the future with Cole.  

Yuli Gurriel with an inside-the-park HR.

There is a stat sheet about the Apollo 11 game that Cole pitched. Lots of 11s involved.

Astros Apollo 11- 1 A's! Apollo 11 night! Bottom 3rd inning, Niel Armstrong's son in TV booth...11th batter gets 11th hit, scores 11th run! Yordan hits his 11th HR. Cole strikes out 11 and gets his 11th win! 11games with 11 runs! That's an amazing Apollo 11 night with 11's!

3 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Stroman to the Mets is a done deal.. are the mets trying to win now? 

Nobody knows what the Mets are doing. I dont even think they know anymore. I do believe stroman is under control next year. So maybe that's their ace in 2020. 

As far as the Astros chances for getting another ace, not likely. But an upgrade to the rotation has to happen in some way.

Winning a series vs. the Astros is going to be incredibly tough. The depth of their lineup is crazy mixed in with the speed of Straw and Marisnick off the bench and the defensive prowess of them and a utilityman like Diaz. Having Verlander, Cole, Greinke, and Miley in a series is ridiculous, plus the back end of the bullpen has mostly been lights out. Great time to be an Astros fan, teams like this don't come around often!

12 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Huge get, might be a little steep pay but will find out in a couple of years, (really wanted a beer jersey) lol... if win the WS this year it was all worth it. I do like how we got Arizona to pay up a lot of his contract 

Salaries are too hard to figure out, but results are obvious. Just look at what the Astros system has done for Verlander and Cole over the last couple years. I could see him regaining his cy young form. The only real concern I have is his numbers against the Dodgers this year.

0-1 in 2 starts with a 10.24 era while giving up 11 R on 14 H and only 9 K in 9.2 ip.

Although in 2 starts vs. NYY, he has 14 K in 12.2 up with a whip less than 1.

10 hours ago, Hook'em said:

Having Verlander, Cole, Greinke, and Miley in a series is ridiculous, plus the back end of the bullpen has mostly been lights out. Great time to be an Astros fan, teams like this don't come around often!

Dont forget about peacock. If he comes back healthy, he should be outstanding in the bullpen again like in 2017.

LET'S GO ASTROS