2019 Houston Astros

Time to start a thread for the 2019 Houston Astros, although it is early. Spring Training is a little over a month away, and with the talent and recent success and talent on the roster, anything less than a World Series championship will be considered a bust. Pretty nice knowing that as loaded as the team is, they still have some studs in the minors that may work their way up to the show this season. Spring training dates are as follows:

Feb. 13 - Pitchers and catchers report

Feb. 14 -  First official workout for pitchers and catchers

Feb. 17 - Entire squad reports

Feb. 18 - First official full team workout 

• 2 months later...
19 hours ago, baddog said:

I love watching the Yankees lose, especially to my Astros.

That was the first time we got the sweep of Yankees. I know NY has some injuries and won't be the same team later in the season. But I liked seeing the offense get going. Hopefully we can carry it over for this weekend series vs Seattle. Jay Bruce (whom I've always been a big fan of) already has 7 HR in 13 games for the 1st place Mariners.

LETS GO ASTROS!!!

On 4/19/2019 at 8:07 PM, WOSdrummer99 said:

Swept the Mariners. Winning streak was up to 10 games before losing to the A's. Looks like we got it going in the right direction now.

Absolutely. Altuve (2 run hr) and Bregman (solo) homered on consecutive pitches in the 1st inning last night against the Rangers. That alone would have been enough to win the game. Astros won 7-2. Cole going today. Should be fun.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, baddog said:

Poor Verlander. Makes one mistake and gets his first loss. Shades of Nolan Ryan.

It's sad when they can't produce any run support for the future hall of Famer. During tonights 11-0 win, they said chirinos was not happy about a missed call on a check swing that allowed that at bat to continue. Is it just me? Are the umps getting worse?

• 2 weeks later...

Yea I hope the rookie can stay and take the 5th rotation spot. McHugh got moved back to bullpen. Bregman just hit another HR vs DET. But Altuve's fighting another injury...

Second baseman José Altuve may not begin rehabbing his left hamstring strain until the end of the Detroit series or when the team travels to Boston for a weekend series at Fenway Park, Hinch said. Altuve, the 2017 AL MVP Award winner, was placed on the 10-day Injured List on May 11, and Hinch said Monday there currently isn’t a timeline for his return.

Speaking of, does anyone know why it's now called an injured list, and not the disabled list? Are we that sensitive that we cant refer to people as disabled?