Lamar getting quarterback transfer

NDFan09

On 12/27/2018 at 3:01 PM, WOSdrummer99 said:

Good for Lamar but not for the hometown QBs already on the roster

I must say and dont get this wrong I love hometown sports and wish the best for our local athletes.  That being said just because a University or College is in a small/local area that school does not have to play or recruit local athletes.  Obviously Lamar thinks a player that got recruited at Tennessee and transferred for whatever reason will either 1. Push the "LOCAL" athletes to a potential that they see fit or 2.  That transfer is a better talent.   It's simple.  It's a business for the coaches as well.  They have to win, produce results or someone else will.  Good luck to the local athletes as well as any transfer that is trying to get a chance to prove him or herself. Happy New Year

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2018 at 3:22 PM, pride at impact said:

I must say and dont get this wrong I love hometown sports and wish the best for our local athletes.  That being said just because a University or College is in a small/local area that school does not have to play or recruit local athletes.  Obviously Lamar thinks a player that got recruited at Tennessee and transferred for whatever reason will either 1. Push the "LOCAL" athletes to a potential that they see fit or 2.  That transfer is a better talent.   It's simple.  It's a business for the coaches as well.  They have to win, produce results or someone else will.  Good luck to the local athletes as well as any transfer that is trying to get a chance to prove him or herself. Happy New Year

from what i understand there will not be any home town QB's at lamar to push next year........

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

Jack Dallas ever get any PT at Lamar? Football or baseball wise? Is he a Sophomore now?

I would bet he goes straight baseball. From the Lamar baseball page-

2018 (Freshman):
Appeared in 23 games, including two starts ... Had a 3.59 ERA in 42.2 innings of work ... Tied for second in wins (three), appearances (23), and relief appearances (21) ... Led his team in batters struck out looking (15) ... Pitched a career-best four innings three times, vs. Texas Southern (Feb. 18), vs. Hostra (Feb. 24), and vs. Abilene Christian (Apr. 22) ... Struck out a career-best eight batters against Abilene Christian on Apr. 22 ... Allowed no hits in three of his final four appearances

On 1/12/2019 at 3:52 PM, WOSdrummer99 said:

Yea I can understand the decision and will support him either way. Football is losing alot of talented athletes. Kyler Murray for example.

Murray ain't leaving football. He is expected to declare for the draft today. Though he should go straight baseball, he is going to give the NFL the first crack at stardom.