West Orange Stark Next Year

tennisbc

2 hours ago, Back2Back said:

I look for WOS to stick with the sophomore QB next year, who is the better passer. Elijah Gales #4 will be the RB. Big question is the secondary....they all graduate. 

Sounds like a plan with Sophomore QB. Our secondary has been lacking since last year, we got exposed against PG. They were throwing on us a lot in State Championship game. Teams threw the half back pass on us also this season. We really need players with positive attitudes, and leadership skills, something we didn't have much of this year.

30 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Sounds like a plan with Sophomore QB. Our secondary has been lacking since last year, we got exposed against PG. They were throwing on us a lot in State Championship game. Teams threw the half back pass on us also this season. We really need players with positive attitudes, and leadership skills, something we didn't have much of this year.

Those TD pass was  not on the secondary. For some reason we  had to put a LB in coverage 

34 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

I agree on the leadership part. There was no vocal leader on this year's team. 

Which schedule? The game schedule is same as this year just opposite home/away except we play Crosby at Crosby again I think.

To everyone moaning and in despair that it's the end of WO-S after this season just remember we still won 9 games and played 14 (which only a handful of teams around here can say), knocked off a 12-0 #1 ranked Jasper, held a State Champion Newton team to 21 points, made it to the State Quarterfinals for the 8th year in a row (the record is a tie with La Marque who did it 9 times 1992-2000 and Converse Judson who did it from 1988-1996) and are set up to be just as good if not better next year. The end of the world is not here just because we didn't make it to a state championship.

Cuero beat PG by 12 points and only beat Silsbee by 5. We beat Silsbee by 3 in non-monsoon conditions. It very easily could have been WO-S or Silsbee, or even Jasper there today instead of Cuero. There was no truly dominant team in 4A Division 2 this year. Parity actually makes for more exciting seasons and football in general rather than just having one obvious favorite that runs ragged over everyone. 

5 hours ago, Goblin said:

Which schedule? The game schedule is same as this year just opposite home/away except we play Crosby at Crosby again I think.

To everyone moaning and in despair that it's the end of WO-S after this season just remember we still won 9 games and played 14 (which only a handful of teams around here can say), knocked off a 12-0 #1 ranked Jasper, held a State Champion Newton team to 21 points, made it to the State Quarterfinals for the 8th year in a row (the record is a tie with La Marque who did it 9 times 1992-2000 and Converse Judson who did it from 1988-1996) and are set up to be just as good if not better next year. The end of the world is not here just because we didn't make it to a state championship.

Cuero beat PG by 12 points and only beat Silsbee by 5. We beat Silsbee by 3 in non-monsoon conditions. It very easily could have been WO-S or Silsbee, or even Jasper there today instead of Cuero. There was no truly dominant team in 4A Division 2 this year. Parity actually makes for more exciting seasons and football in general rather than just having one obvious favorite that runs ragged over everyone. 

I agree.I think next next year could be a repeat of the same teams squaring off against each other. 

On 12/9/2018 at 3:46 PM, ladybug33 said:

Several things that need attention in my opinion, fix secondary until we do teams will throw across the middle on us.  Next Discipline, this team had problems with that this year as well. Lastly, QB position, and OL..

Several things is right. Be sure to put a Safety in the defensive secondary. Find a QB that can run. Don't agree to play in a driving rainstorm. 

4 hours ago, Goblin said:

We beat Silsbee by 3 in non-monsoon conditions. 

I want to know what the true story is on playing in the monsoon. That was just stupid. I don't care what the outcome was. Playing in those conditions are stupid. I don't want to hear the stadium was not available, because there are plenty of stadiums available. 

8 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

I think that one team who is expected to go far in playoffs may not because, HJ may have something to say about that with their coach being back, and they were a young team too and hungry.

That's an easy statement to make but prove it or you're gonna get constant naysayers. H-J hasn't won a single game ever against several of the usual suspects.

27 minutes ago, Goblin said:

That's an easy statement to make but prove it or you're gonna get constant naysayers. H-J hasn't won a single game ever against several of the usual suspects.

I don’t think they care about naysayers lol, they gave teams a few problems including WOS. It appears most teams will have many defensive players coming back as starters except Silsbee, and Liberty. I like their coach (HJ) he knows WOS system very well, no they have not beat us lately, but the law of averages may be on their side this coming year.

13 hours ago, XX Man said:

I want to know what the true story is on playing in the monsoon. That was just stupid. I don't care what the outcome was. Playing in those conditions are stupid. I don't want to hear the stadium was not available, because there are plenty of stadiums available. 

This is what I know. Neither coach wanted to play on Thursday. Both wanted Friday night because both coaches liked the officiating crew they had. If they bumped it back to Saturday, they would have had to get another crew. Also, Coach Smith did talk to Coach Thompson about moving it to Saturday but Thompson really thought the worst of the weather would happen later Friday night into early Saturday morning so both agreed to keep it Friday night.

About an hour before kick off on Friday, Coach Thompson came over to Silsbee locker room and wanted Coach Smith to agree to postponing the game to the next day. Coach Smith said no. He wasn't going to have the band, drill team, fans, etc. who had already arrived, drive back in monsoon for nothing. Then have to comeback next day. So, they played the game.

Why are we still talking about the rainy game?  Both teams had to play in it and football is played in the elements...  Results would've probably been the same or worse for WO-S.  Would you really have wanted that chase that Silsbee  backfield on turf?

It's a moot point anyway.  I know it stings to lose to Silsbee,  it it was bound to happen, especially since you knew this wasn't the typical 'Stang team.  These guys were way down and y'all know it...

1 hour ago, Majestyk said:

I agree. That game is over, let it go. Looks like things will get back to normal next year anyway. It does make you wonder though that the only times the Tigers' can take down WOS is during a monsoon or a mud bowl.

Just forget that the ultimate escape trick happened in district.  They escaped.  And the playoff game, BOTH TEAMS PLAYED IT!  I can't stress that enough.  Eth?  Smh