Silsbee vs WOS - Regional Finals

STigerNation

WOS will not have a let down against Silsbee, every game this team is getting better. QB #9 did a job tonight.  Want I want to know is does Silsbee have a better defense than Jasper? How is their secondary? This is not the same WOS team they played early in the season. It will take more than speed physical or any other speed to match WOS playing on defense.

12 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

WOS will not have a let down against Silsbee, every game this team is getting better. QB #9 did a job tonight.  Want I want to know is does Silsbee have a better defense than Jasper? How is their secondary? This is not the same WOS team they played early in the season. It will take more than speed physical or any other speed to match WOS playing on defense.

This is also not the same Silsbee team.  Defense has jelled very nice...  

I don't know a out Jasper's defense.  I haven't seen their defense...

15 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Secondary is VERY experienced..  consists of 2 three year starters and I believe a two year starter.  One of the Safeties is a D-1 prospect...

8 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Secondary is VERY experienced..  consists of 2 three year starters and I believe a two year starter.  One of the Safeties is a D-1 prospect...

Sells a nice one for sure. I’m not to fond of the other ones. We also have two 3 year starters anchoring our secondary. #22 is playing lights out lately and big in the return game. We’ve honestly became a complete team being good in all 3 phases of the game. Anxious to see what Silsbee will throw at us on defense. 

26 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

Sells a nice one for sure. I’m not to fond of the other ones. We also have two 3 year starters anchoring our secondary. #22 is playing lights out lately and big in the return game. We’ve honestly became a complete team being good in all 3 phases of the game. Anxious to see what Silsbee will throw at us on defense. 

Aren't one of your QB's dinged up and y'all going with a young sophomore QB?

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Aren't one of your QB's dinged up and y'all going with a young sophomore QB?

Our starting QB is out with a concussion , Our sophomore stepped in tonight and done a fantastic job. He made a few mistakes but that was a pretty big stage for him. He came through and made some great plays when needed

22 minutes ago, bradyb said:

WOS fans that are saying “this is not the same WOS team” just because they beat Jasper this time and the defense shut them down.... didn’t Jasper’s starting RB kill y’all the first game? And now he is out and didn’t play? Or is my Info wrong? 

Your info is correct. But from what I remember reading is that Hunt had a few untouched tds last game. Nobody was going untouched this game. He would have had to break a lot of tackles to have another big game. 

No it ain't just because the Stangs won. WOS had some folks ailing the first game. The back who used Jasper like a mop last night has been weak on his pins all year from a bad ankle and is looking like he's getting healthy. No, this isn't the same team and just in time cuz Silsbee ain't bull@@ing either. Will be a rouser on a rug Friday night

Silsbee nor WOS is the same team as the first game. Both have gotten better thanks to a strong pre district schedule. We where written off at the beginning of the season by having a losing records after the first three or four games. Well, here we are  in the Regoinals finals the best two 4A teams in the region. One thing about it we don’t have Carthage to get through this year, we just got another state caliber team to get through. 

1 hour ago, STiger85 said:

Silsbee nor WOS is the same team as the first game. Both have gotten better thanks to a strong pre district schedule. We where written off at the beginning of the season by having a losing records after the first three or four games. Well, here we are  in the Regoinals finals the best two 4A teams in the region. One thing about it we don’t have Carthage to get through this year, we just got another state caliber team to get through. 

Might not have to go through Carthrage, but they will Cuero. It will be hard for either team to beat. 

6 hours ago, wosfan1992 said:

Our starting QB is out with a concussion , Our sophomore stepped in tonight and done a fantastic job. He made a few mistakes but that was a pretty big stage for him. He came through and made some great plays when needed

Ok, I see.  These youngsters just be ready to get their time to shine.  I'm sure he'll be ready for Friday.  Interested to see how he does in a huge rivalry game that will determine the region.  We have a young sophomore QB too, but he seems to have shaken off the cobwebs..