TABC Rankings - Feb 11th

Bobcat1

17 hours ago, Coach.Shu said:

1A - Cherino is ranked #22   

2A - Woden is #10  (only loss was to #9 Lovelady)

Teneha is #11     (only loss was Center)

I still think SETX gets overlooked on the TABC rankings...

Orangefield should be in as well as United and prob Silsbee.

All we can do is keep beating the opponent in front of us...

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:48 AM, Coach.Shu said:

True!

Not talking about anyone's team but at 9-0, we really hadn't beaten anyone that would warrant us to be in the top 25 in 6A.  I just looked at our 6 games for the Livingston tournament and we should come out of it 15-0 but I still wouldn't rank us.  Our district schedule starts next week and we have the Barbers Hill tournament the last week of December, if we are still looking good by then, then I think we will finally crack into the polls.

19 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Not talking about anyone's team but at 9-0, we really hadn't beaten anyone that would warrant us to be in the top 25 in 6A.  I just looked at our 6 games for the Livingston tournament and we should come out of it 15-0 but I still wouldn't rank us.  Our district schedule starts next week and we have the Barbers Hill tournament the last week of December, if we are still looking good by then, then I think we will finally crack into the polls.

63-40 over Silsbee shows some strength.   I am not familiar with the other teams they have played.   Kinda thought Clements and Harker Heights might have been pretty good.  I felt United should of been ranked pre-season top 25 - but I still feel TABC snubs SETX.   It's hard to beat a team that warrants getting into the top 25 when they are all out in West Texas or the Metro Plex.  

But as we all know - polls don't = championships either.... I just want to see SETX teams get more coverage and more respect.

I am going to try and come see some of the games in Livingston this Saturday.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:13 AM, Coach.Shu said:

63-40 over Silsbee shows some strength.   I am not familiar with the other teams they have played.   Kinda thought Clements and Harker Heights might have been pretty good.  I felt United should of been ranked pre-season top 25 - but I still feel TABC snubs SETX.   It's hard to beat a team that warrants getting into the top 25 when they are all out in West Texas or the Metro Plex.  

But as we all know - polls don't = championships either.... I just want to see SETX teams get more coverage and more respect.

I am going to try and come see some of the games in Livingston this Saturday.

Maxpreps has us at 26th.  Maybe if we can beat our district foes North Shore and Deer park this week we might be able to crack the poll.  This same poll's predictions for district at the beginning of the season were...

1. North Shore

2. West Brook

3. Deer Park

4. United

The late Al Davis said  "Just Win Baby"... being ranked would be nice reading material and recognition for the work the team has put in thus far. What counts and matters is  sufficient wins to get you a district title and a playoff spot. Texas Association of Basketball Coaches(TABC) votes and until they feel we warrant being ranked in the top 25 it is what it is....

15 hours ago, JustUs said:

The late Al Davis said  "Just Win Baby"... being ranked would be nice reading material and recognition for the work the team has put in thus far. What counts and matters is  sufficient wins to get you a district title and a playoff spot. Texas Association of Basketball Coaches(TABC) votes and until they feel we warrant being ranked in the top 25 it is what it is....

I agree for the most part.  Unless they have a total collapse, I'm not worried about them getting a playoff spot.  The district title should be theirs to as long as they continue to do what they are doing, winning.  It's just more about being recognized for the work that the coaching staff and young ladies have put in.  Hey, if they don't get ranked all season but make it to San Antonio, I'd take that in a heart beat.