Shug

Stattrax

I thought  this would be a good time to make this post. Since there should be zero animosity at this point. Shug played his last district game in Purple last night. Throughout his 3 year career, he has taken shots from folks for one reason or the other, basically because of his school, and his high level recruitment. Shug has been nothing but a class act  throughout his PNG career, and has represented the school and district with nothing but class. The term GOAT gets thrown around a lot, and it's always a hard debate.. But in my opinion, he is the most dynamic QB I have seen in years on a football field. In my time only Kendall Briles and Dakari Pearson can compare. And ironically both those guys put burnt orange on as well. In a world full of hate, I think now is the time to show this kid some love. It was a pure joy to watch him. And I hope he does great things at UT, as well as in life.... It's been a privilege to meet his family, and call his big bro a friend.. I posted 3 years ago there would be no QB debate because Shug was the real deal. I. Remember the first time I coached his brother in 7 on 7 and lil Shug showed up catching any ball we threw him on the sidelines, that he was destined for greatness. People laughed, but feel free to scroll back to those posts. So in conclusion, great kid, great family, great athlete... And like it or not he will always bleed purple. For some, you can understand, for others you can't. I'm proud to call him a fellow Indian, and know he will succeed in life. Simple ending.... Honor, Pride, Tradition... That's a hard 3 words to outdo...... and last but not least. Hook Em!

My only regret is that I couldn’t get home more often to watch him play in person. I’ve been telling my classmates at law school for two years now the Longhorns are getting the best QB recruit they’ve ever had next year. Hopefully he’ll be wearing a state championship ring when he gets there.

If Texas ever starts playing consistently, I can see him bringing home a national championship at the next level. He might even knock off Alabama in the process. (Once.)

I gave this kid the name Boy Wonder for a reason.  This kid had all the tools the whole time while being at Port Neches.  He just got better every year.  Although he picked my son's team apart the first game, I just admired him in silence.  I really hope he wins a ring with his brothers in purple.  And if PN-G is playing longer than Silsbee this year, I will be sure to check them out.  

Knock em dead, Kid!

33 minutes ago, badndn said:

The young man is the epitome of Honor, Pride and Tradition. Been so much fun watching him lead his purple brothers into battle each week. Hook’em. 

ps. He got any younger brothers. lol

Spot on and it’s a dang shame that the coaching staff screwed up what could have been his undefeated district championship. Oh well, past is past.

9 hours ago, Stattrax said:

I thought  this would be a good time to make this post. Since there should be zero animosity at this point. Shug played his last district game in Purple last night. Throughout his 3 year career, he has taken shots from folks for one reason or the other, basically because of his school, and his high level recruitment. Shug has been nothing but a class act  throughout his PNG career, and has represented the school and district with nothing but class. The term GOAT gets thrown around a lot, and it's always a hard debate.. But in my opinion, he is the most dynamic QB I have seen in years on a football field. In my time only Kendall Briles and Dakari Pearson can compare. And ironically both those guys put burnt orange on as well. In a world full of hate, I think now is the time to show this kid some love. It was a pure joy to watch him. And I hope he does great things at UT, as well as in life.... It's been a privilege to meet his family, and call his big bro a friend.. I posted 3 years ago there would be no QB debate because Shug was the real deal. I. Remember the first time I coached his brother in 7 on 7 and lil Shug showed up catching any ball we threw him on the sidelines, that he was destined for greatness. People laughed, but feel free to scroll back to those posts. So in conclusion, great kid, great family, great athlete... And like it or not he will always bleed purple. For some, you can understand, for others you can't. I'm proud to call him a fellow Indian, and know he will succeed in life. Simple ending.... Honor, Pride, Tradition... That's a hard 3 words to outdo...... and last but not least. Hook Em!

First off Roshon thank you for the role model you have been to all the kids at PN-G. Roschon would never tell you this, but I am going to. Ok here goes. Roschon Johnson has never made a B in school. he leads a prayer circle at school, he teaches a Sunday school class. He does it all. He is a model young man with a future so bright. He has handed himself with class and dignity his entire time here at PN-G. This school and community is blessed to have him and he has made the communities of Port Neches and Groves better places having him in our community. Thank you Roschon and family.

7 hours ago, PN-G bamatex said:

My only regret is that I couldn’t get home more often to watch him play in person. I’ve been telling my classmates at law school for two years now the Longhorns are getting the best QB recruit they’ve ever had next year. Hopefully he’ll be wearing a state championship ring when he gets there.

If Texas ever starts playing consistently, I can see him bringing home a national championship at the next level. He might even knock off Alabama in the process. (Once.)

So your saying hes better than vince young was coming out of hs. 

Roschon works hard in every area of his life not only on the field such as God, grades, image, etc. He never bost as most kids his age would have the big head but he is the most humble kid I have met! He has a great family behind him and they don’t push him he pushes himself! He has a work ethic like no other kid I have ever seen! We are going to miss him but hoping for great things to come for Shug! He has been a great role model to the kids in our community! We need more kids like him for sure! Wishing him all the luck in his future as I know he doesn’t need luck because he creates his own destiny by work ethic! 

It seems like he just started his first game on Varsity and now his last game at the Rez will be next week. This young man absolutely has amazed me week in and week out. I thought for sure this year would be a struggle losing our go to guy last year, not to mention 7 on 7 wasnt going well with all the drops. He has broken just about every record there is to break and still not done. He has been an inspiration and a true leader on the field and off. I hate to see him go but at the same time am anxious to see where he goes in his college years. Cant wait for the rest of the world to see what he can do. The sky is the limit. Good luck on the next chapter of your football career, hookem!! SCALPEM!!