Best Meal in Area Restaurant

Hagar

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2019 at 7:25 PM, Hagar said:

Great.  Will be watching for your review.  

Finally got around to trying BOP. 

It is good. How good? 

I am not a purist. If something tastes good, great. BOP tastes good. It isn’t, OMG I am in pizza heaven! 

The crust is interesting and a little different than I ever remember eating. It was very dry (not said like that is bad) and kind of like eating a chewy cracker. You sure aren’t folding this up like a NY pie. 

It was very thin on sauce which my wife loved. She likes Dominoes Garlic Parmesan White Sauce instead of any tomato sauce. She will eat it with tomato sauce but the less the better. BOP was right up her alley. I was middle of the road on that one. Would a little more fit their flavor profile? I am not sure. 

The meat topping (Italian sausage) was kind of thin like not even a piece on each slice. The vegetables were likewise kind of thin. In a way it added a quality like you weren’t eating a salad in a pita bread. Not bad, just different.

Overall it was a good pizza and I will add it to my repertoire. My wife thinks if they added Domino’s garlic parmesan white sauce, BOP might be her go to pizza. 

But Domino’s deep dish might still be....

And I don’t like Domino’s regular crust. Deep dish is good and the paper thin crisp is good (again, not a purist). 

52 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

It is good. How good? 

I am not a purist. If something tastes good, great. BOP tastes good. It isn’t, OMG I am in pizza heaven! 

The crust is interesting and a little different than I ever remember eating. It was very dry (not said like that is bad) and kind of like eating a chewy cracker. You sure aren’t folding this up like a NY pie. 

It was very thin on sauce which my wife loved. She likes Dominoes Garlic Parmesan White Sauce instead of any tomato sauce. She will eat it with tomato sauce but the less the better. BOP was right up her alley. I was middle of the road on that one. Would a little more fit their flavor profile? I am not sure. 

The meat topping (Italian sausage) was kind of thin like not even a piece on each slice. The vegetables were likewise kind of thin. In a way it added a quality like you weren’t eating a salad in a pita bread. Not bad, just different.

Overall it was a good pizza and I will add it to my repertoire. My wife thinks if they added Domino’s garlic parmesan white sauce, BOP might be her go to pizza. 

And I don’t like Domino’s regular crust. Deep dish is good and the paper thin crisp is good (again, not a purist). 

Do you remember Shakey's pizza back in the 70's, I guess? The crust at Brick Oven is very similar if memory serves. As far as the sauce goes, my wife also likes light sauce. I like it a little on the plus side. At Brick Oven, you can get a pizza that has the regular sauce and some Frank's Hot sauce too. Really pretty good flavor. We don't eat there often. We usually get a basic New York style pizza at Napoli's in Lumberton, if not Mellow Mushroom or Crown. Napoli's plain pepperoni is very basic but very good...

3 hours ago, tvc184 said:

It is good. How good? 

To be honest, I’ve gone back several times, and depending on whose making it, the pizzas go from 4 to 8’s.  If I owned an eating place, and found a good cook, I’d pay him/her so much they’d never want to find another place to work.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

To be honest, I’ve gone back several times, and depending on whose making it, the pizzas go from 4 to 8’s.  If I owned an eating place, and found a good cook, I’d pay him/her so much they’d never want to find another place to work.

Exactly.....like that Steak and Egg cook. Lol

• 8 months later...
4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

No... you’re thinking about some of the Judices and their new place. Nick’s was owned by the Nicotres who actually were Italian. 

I miss Nick’s. 

Yep.  Everybody knew their boudin (also the best).  But his Italian sausage and cannoli were as good as I’ve ever had. 

On 10/26/2019 at 10:24 AM, baddog said:

I can still get Nick’s Boudain. Have to order it and there’s a wait, but it’s Nick’s. 

On 10/26/2019 at 10:36 AM, baddog said:

As far as I know, he does just the regular boudain. You could give him a call and ask. He is closed right now. Open Monday-Friday 8-5 at 504-6431. He does this out of his house. Pre-orders only.

Found it