ALCS- Astros vs Red Sox

On 10/13/2018 at 11:20 PM, TxHoops said:

See we do agree from time to time.  Ever since they instituted this in the NBA, I thought it devalued home field advantage significantly.  But I guess that may have been the point.  Either way, I prefer the 2-2-1-1-1 format. 

It's a 5 game series now and there are more games in Houston than Boston.  The Astros can still end the series in Houston 

6 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

It looked like he grabbed his left forearm. I didn't see pine tar, not to say there was anything there or not. The headline here is funny, and some of the commentary. Oh evidence shows Boston cheating haha... yeah..give me a break...bunch of whiny bisnatches. Forfeit the game lol 

Hey, watch the name calling. Wasn't it Boston who made Morton spit out his gum? Give me a break.

5 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

It looked like he grabbed his left forearm. I didn't see pine tar, not to say there was anything there or not. The headline here is funny, and some of the commentary. Oh evidence shows Boston cheating haha... yeah..give me a break...bunch of whiny bisnatches. Forfeit the game lol 

In Game 1, Cora had the umps check Maldanos glove, so what’s the difference? He needed some pine tar in there last night with all of those passed balls that gave Boston runs.   

The pitcher had a shiny substance on his arm and touched it after every pitch.  They won’t do anything now, but it will be watched way more closely the rest of the series. 

Also Joe West reviewed an un-reviewable play.  They gave an answer that it was a rules clarification, but then overturned the call.  Makes no sense.  The Astros get hosed more on reviews than any team I’ve ever seen.  Luckily this one didn’t hurt them. 

Why do pitchers lick their fingers? For the moisture? What comes out of your skin when your hot or doing physical labor? Moisture? So he could have been using the sweat coming from his arm, just as pitchers typically run their fingers across their forehead when "adjusting their cap". 

If Bregaman's flyball left the yard and Houston won, no story. But they lose, and here come the whiny bisnatches. (Who have also been accused of cheating this year, but nobody took it serioulsy because....who gives a damn if a pitcher has a little pine tar.)

8 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

In Game 1, Cora had the umps check Maldanos glove, so what’s the difference? He needed some pine tar in there last night with all of those passed balls that gave Boston runs.   

The pitcher had a shiny substance on his arm and touched it after every pitch.  They won’t do anything now, but it will be watched way more closely the rest of the series. 

Also Joe West reviewed an un-reviewable play.  They gave an answer that it was a rules clarification, but then overturned the call.  Makes no sense.  The Astros get hosed more on reviews than any team I’ve ever seen.  Luckily this one didn’t hurt them. 

You mean sweat?

Rules clarification...they got a call right.  Whatever. Boston didn't win because McCullers could throw it close to the plate, they won it because the 9 hole took Cole off the green monster. 

Had to check his glove???/ What... Houston cheated, forfeit game 1.  How dumb does that sound.?Nobody got on here making lame excuses when Boston lost game 1, take the L move on and enjoy what should be a great series.

8 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Shiny substance... lol your looking at a video, shot off of a TV, posted to social media. Great resolution...lol

No way it could possibly be sweat.... Pine tar is not shiny either. But, oh Boston pitchers are cheating to beat the Astros lol. Lame

Most people had on winter clothes. Must have been sweating profusely. Why didn't he go to his brow? You can even go to the mouth on the mound now. Never seen anyone go to the forearm. 

7 minutes ago, baddog said:

Most people had on winter clothes. Must have been sweating profusely. Why didn't he go to his brow? You can even go to the mouth on the mound now. Never seen anyone go to the forearm. 

Doesn't matter if it is cold or not. When your doing work your body sweats. Anyway, irrelevant. Your under the assumption that he was "going to the forearm" to cheat. Do you honestly believe if he were going to cheat, he would do it in such an awkward, easy to pick up on place? The video shows, no pine tar....As obvious as "going to the forearm, strange nobody says anything until a day after a loss. It just make Houston fans look lame, weak, and whiney, at least the once trying to push a cheater narrative. Again, nobody came out crying cheater when Boston lost. 

29 minutes ago, baddog said:

Did you defend the Yankees when Boston called them out? That's what I thought.

Why were they checking the Astros catchers glove?

I called out Joe Neikro for the nail file. What a dumbass. Should have forfeited that game.

Pineda had a huge black substance all over his neck.. LOL

Anyway it is what it is. MLB can investigate just like they did Pineda, but I doubt Barnes gets a suspension because unlike Pineda, I haven't seen a substance.