Best Bridge City Football Team Ever?

expos

BC had a pretty tough team in 1996, they came up only one game short of making the playoffs that year.  since the new decade began in 2000 BC has had success putting together some good teams that are very competitive.  im not sure how many times they've been to the playoffs this decade but i do know they made it to the semi-finals, i cant remember which year though.  of course you cant forget about the great BC teams in 60's that won the state championship.

im not sure how many times they've been to the playoffs this decade but i do know they made it to the semi-finals, i cant remember which year though. 

2000-got to the 2nd round, lost to Cleveland

2001-got to the 4th round, lost to Sinton

2002-got the the 3rd round, lost to Jasper

2003-missed the playoffs

2004-made playoffs, lost to Barbers Hill in 1st round

2005-got to the 3rd round, lost to Hutto

2006-missed the playoffs

That 2001 team was awesome with Knight, Wollford, Peebles, Breaux, Melich and company. Fell to Sinton 38-0 at Kyle Field on a cold, rainy day. Great memories from that playoff run....

2000-got to the 2nd round, lost to Cleveland

2001-got to the 4th round, lost to Sinton

2002-got the the 3rd round, lost to Jasper

2003-missed the playoffs

2004-made playoffs, lost to Barbers Hill in 1st round

2005-got to the 3rd round, lost to Hutto2006-missed the playoffs

That 2001 team was awesome with Knight, Wollford, Peebles, Breaux, Melich and company. Fell to Sinton 38-0 at Kyle Field on a cold, rainy day. Great memories from that playoff run....

I was at the Huto game, and there is no doubt in my mind that if Dishon would have been on the field, BC wins that game and marches on to win State.  (yeah, yeah, yeah - I know - could'a should'a would'a)

But in all seriousness, BC played a horrible game.  Nobody had any fire until the 3rd quarter, and it was too late then.  They looked and played like they thought they had NO CHANCE without Dishon, and that is the ONLY fault I ever found in Coach Tarver - He couldn't or wouldn't make those kids think they were invincible, whether they were or not.

I feel really sorry for the kids on that team, becasue I REALLY think they could have gone all the way.

Not to offend anyone and their opinion, but, the '66 BC team is their best ever.  Worster was the NUMBER 1 recruit in the entire nation coming out of high school that year.  Imagine the media hype should that would have been around BC should the "information age" been around then.  BC demolished a very good McKinney team 30-6 in the Title game.  McKinney had only given up a few points all year long.  To mention another BC team over this one is simply foolish.  Worster was a man among boys and had a pretty solid supporting cast. 

I wish BC people (and others) would quit comparing other BC squads against this one unfairly.  That BC team was the best by far - for any Cardinal team.  Just because it was in 1966, don't forget them!!!!!

Not to offend anyone and their opinion, but, the '66 BC team is their best ever.  Worster was the NUMBER 1 recruit in the entire nation coming out of high school that year.  Imagine the media hype should that would have been around BC should the "information age" been around then.  BC demolished a very good McKinney team 30-6 in the Title game.  McKinney had only given up a few points all year long.  To mention another BC team over this one is simply foolish.  Worster was a man among boys and had a pretty solid supporting cast. 

I wish BC people (and others) would quit comparing other BC squads against this one unfairly.  That BC team was the best by far - for any Cardinal team.  Just because it was in 1966, don't forget them!!!!!

VERY valid point!  My problem is I was 6 when they played, and I lived in another town, so all I know of them (1966) is what I hear.  I would never disrespect their team out of ingnorance.  I was just adding speculation about another team.

Probably the '08-'09 school year will be the next big rising.  A lot of people are excited about the changes to come to BC football, but it will take a little time to learn and understand a new system.  I truly expect the '07-'08 team to compete under the new system, but believe it won't be "rolling" for another year.

I was at the Huto game, and there is no doubt in my mind that if Dishon would have been on the field, BC wins that game and marches on to win State.  (yeah, yeah, yeah - I know - could'a should'a would'a)

But in all seriousness, BC played a horrible game.  Nobody had any fire until the 3rd quarter, and it was too late then.  They looked and played like they thought they had NO CHANCE without Dishon, and that is the ONLY fault I ever found in Coach Tarver - He couldn't or wouldn't make those kids think they were invincible, whether they were or not.

I feel really sorry for the kids on that team, becasue I REALLY think they could have gone all the way.

\

I agree with you i was at the hutto game, if dishon would have not been injuried they would have gone to state.

• 3 weeks later...

1966 was before my time so I can not argue the point.  But The team with Brian bock, Sambo Carpenter,  John Hoffpower in the back field, was the best team.  If it was not for the terrible coach, This team should have went into and deep into the playoffs.  If they would have been in 3A at the time.  They would have went to state.

Also the year that Randy Fisette was going to be a senior before his car reck.  They were loaded with talent.  Shane Dronett, (Denver Broncos and Atlanta Falcons), and Jason Matthews (Colts and Titans).  Randy Fistte  BC and Kevin Smith WOS. Were the top 2 recruits in the state before Randy's wreck.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Kourt1
    Newest Member
    Kourt1