2018 Houston Astros

On 6/8/2018 at 6:32 AM, king said:

Tony Kemp is earning his right to play on this team

Agreed. I can't figure out why they continue to put Jake Marisnick in the line-up. I actually like the guy and enjoyed getting to watch him last year, but just stop it already. 122 at bats, 20 hits, 59 strikeouts and 4 walks. It's almost an automatic out. Just stop it already. Marisnick and Fisher just look like they may not have it and Reddick is struggling. It's time for Tucker to get some swings and see what he can do. 

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, baddog said:

I'm at Coors Field. Partly cloudy with a chance of rain. Astros won 8-2 last night. Having a wonderful time. People very polite here. Tried to upload a pic. Too many MPs.

Morton and that vicious curveball going tonight. 

Go Stros!

Were you the one that interfered with the Bregman triple?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Man this thing goes dead as hell when the Astros are losing. Talk about some fair weather fans. Pretty ridiculous.

Not a fair weather fan at all. I watched the Rangers and Mariners sweep my Stros. In between, we won 6 pf 7. That,s where my post above came in. Now, nothing to report worth discussing. We desperately need Springer and Altuve. Closing pitching cannot hold a lead either. Those are heart breakers.

• 2 weeks later...

Houston is relying 100% on great pitching. How long can the staff sustain it? I think you have seen them come back down to Earth, consequently Houston went on a massive losing streak. Why? Because they are trash. Guys had absolute career years and moments. This year, different story. Marisnick...garbage, Marwin...trash...Reddick...doo do... The only player on this roster who is not underachieving is Bregman. Correa, check the numbers. way down. Altuve is hitting 300+...yeah check the power numbers, way down, even before the DL stint. Gattis.....Great for a series, trash for a month. Verlander, getting hit harder than women at Osuna's bday party. just absolute trash. They getting even shake off Oakland for crying out loud. OOOOAAAKKKKLLLAAANNNDDD. Name 3 players on that team, its just sad how fast a team can fall into the dumpster.

3 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Houston is relying 100% on great pitching. How long can the staff sustain it? I think you have seen them come back down to Earth, consequently Houston went on a massive losing streak. Why? Because they are trash. Guys had absolute career years and moments. This year, different story. Marisnick...garbage, Marwin...trash...Reddick...doo do... The only player on this roster who is not underachieving is Bregman. Correa, check the numbers. way down. Altuve is hitting 300+...yeah check the power numbers, way down, even before the DL stint. Gattis.....Great for a series, trash for a month. Verlander, getting hit harder than women at Osuna's bday party. just absolute trash. They getting even shake off Oakland for crying out loud. OOOOAAAKKKKLLLAAANNNDDD. Name 3 players on that team, its just sad how fast a team can fall into the dumpster.

Leading division, 30 games above .500 is being in a dumpster? I'll live in that dumpster.

You sound like a tool.

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

Man, Osuna couldn't punch out the A's in the 9th. Shame, I thought he was hitting his spots effectively. Sometimes hitters just slap the ball around and there is nothing you can do about it. It's all good, he will have another opportunity to beat them tonight. 

I know it is still a bit early, but I say tonight is a must win. Don't want to leave this series tied.