2018 Houston Astros

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, baddog said:

Got tickets for opening weekend, April 7, my birthday vs. the Padres. Section 128, row 30, seats 1 & 2. Staying at Hampton Inn right across the street from Minute Maid, Friday and Saturday night. Would like to see Verlander pitch but he pitches opening day on Tuesday before. Not a problem. Might get McCullers.

Man, did I screw that up. Opening day is March 29th. Maybe Verlander will be up after all.

12 hours ago, baddog said:

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Hook'em said:

Verlander on the bump as the Astros start their title defense in Arlington Thursday afternoon. Gonna be another fun year of baseball. Kyle Tucker was phenomenal in spring training, I wonder if he will be called up at some point. 

He will probably be a "Post-June 1st Call Up. If they call him up before then he gets credit with a year of service and can be free agent eligible one year earlier. I would imagine they wait and call him up after that date to have control over him for an extra year.

2 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

He will probably be a "Post-June 1st Call Up. If they call him up before then he gets credit with a year of service and can be free agent eligible one year earlier. I would imagine they wait and call him up after that date to have control over him for an extra year.

Thanks. Good info. I learn something everyday.

Altuve and Correa destroyed the Rangers with 4 hits apiece. Throw in another Marisnick homer and McCann's speed on the base paths, Gonzales' double off the wall, Springer's double, a sac fly, Astros score 9. McCullers pitched a gem. All this adds up to a huge win against a division opponent. Keep it up guys.