12-5A D2 Predictions

Bigdog

First off I'm excited about this district! Glad BH will be apart of it! There should be some awesome games this year. BH has a strong class coming through this year with help from the underclassman which are also good. If I had to pick today this is what I think.

1. Crosby (They will reload with talent they have)

2. PNG (Losing their stud play caller and play maker. only reason I put them above BH is because BH has never beat the Indians)

3. BH (A lot of their skill players return)

4. Nederland ( Not sure about what Ned returns , but BH hasn't lost to the dawgs)

5. Dayton (They will be improved this year, but not sure by how much)

6. Vidor ( I think Vidor will play spoiler for someone..hope it isn't us :)

7. Baytown Lee ( No comment)

8. Santa Fe  ( I think they will be overwhelmed by this district)

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

First off I'm excited about this district! Glad BH will be apart of it! There should be some awesome games this year. BH has a strong class coming through this year with help from the underclassman which are also good. If I had to pick today this is what I think.

2. PNG (Losing their stud play caller and play maker. only reason I put them above BH is because BH has never beat the Indians)

4. Nederland ( Not sure about what Ned returns , but BH hasn't lost to the dawgs)

The QB returns next year.  He's just a junior right now..

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

I think Dayton will be the "dark horse" in the new district this season. We return the best of our skill players on offense and on defense we have a backfield that will literally lay the wood on you - I heard there will be a defensive coach change so hoping for improvement. We were competitive last season-- (except for Crosby and even had them down two TD's in the 1st quarter )  came up short in a lot of games just by not playing smart football. We should of beat the Hill but a last second missed field goal spoiled that.  We had a ton of injuries last year  and I know thats part of football . Hoping our HC in his 3rd season has figured somethings out and finds a acorn this year.

Nederland will return 4 O-lineman, their QB, and second best receiver, they will be very good offensively.  Defensively, they lose a lot in the front 7, but make up for it with a group of outstanding DB's all returning.  You can cover a lot of gaps if you can cover man to man and Nederland will have the secondary to do it.

16 hours ago, jayhawk said:

I think Dayton will be the "dark horse" in the new district this season. We return the best of our skill players on offense and on defense we have a backfield that will literally lay the wood on you - I heard there will be a defensive coach change so hoping for improvement. We were competitive last season-- (except for Crosby and even had them down two TD's in the 1st quarter )  came up short in a lot of games just by not playing smart football. We should of beat the Hill but a last second missed field goal spoiled that.  We had a ton of injuries last year  and I know thats part of football . Hoping our HC in his 3rd season has figured somethings out and finds a acorn this year.

Hope Dayton does get it back together it will only make this district stronger. That game against BH yall definitely should have won and if your starting kicker didn't get knocked out of that game Dayton would have won. BH was eat up with injuries in that game and I can't believe they won. We just lost our QB the game or 2 before that and our starting RB was also out. Both teams were limping in that game. Hopefully we can both stay healthy this year. Both the QB and #1 RB for BH return this year, so I think BH can make things interesting if we stay healthy.

Crosby is Definately the favorite. Best coaching and best athletes. I think Nederland gives them a run for the D.C. ... BH will be interesting with the spread offense which will make teams struggle. PNG will contend for a playoff spot. Vidor is in trouble, one tends to forget, once your in the district, you prepare for that offense. Nederland and PNG has not had much trouble with it over the years, so look for the rest of the district to adapt. We all know Vidor struggles when playing from behind.. Darkhorse is Dayton, who has PNGs number. No trash talking from me, I think it's going to be a struggle for everyone.

15 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Crosby is Definately the favorite. Best coaching and best athletes. I think Nederland gives them a run for the D.C. ... BH will be interesting with the spread offense which will make teams struggle. PNG will contend for a playoff spot. Vidor is in trouble, one tends to forget, once your in the district, you prepare for that offense. Nederland and PNG has not had much trouble with it over the years, so look for the rest of the district to adapt. We all know Vidor struggles when playing from behind.. Darkhorse is Dayton, who has PNGs number. No trash talking from me, I think it's going to be a struggle for everyone.

Not concerned about any of these teams in that all of the 12-5a teams have horrible defenses with Crosby and PNG being probably the worst. Nederland would probably have the best D and they also aren't impressive to me. When we lost to Nederland it wasn't because we couldn't score or move the ball, Roschon has like 600 yards and 11 tds on them. 

Roschon puts up massive #s on all of them. 

Unlike the old 22-5a these teams can ACTUALLY THROW the ball as well. Crosby, BH, and Nederland can throw it if they have someone like Latulas who can take advantage.  We all know PN-G weakness is an athlete.

My concern lies within our own team as far as who will step up.  

If we can't identify NEW playmakers on either side of the ball, it wont matter. We will score 40 and lose 42-40.

This team has a lot to prove and hopefully there will be kids that step up. If not, this season may defined by high scoring L's.

On 2/5/2018 at 0:13 PM, PlayActionPass said:

I think many people are overestimating the abilities of the returning players for PNG. They will struggle to make the playoffs

Crosby and BH will battle for the District Championship

Nederland will finish a solid 3rd

Dayton, Vidor, Santa Fe and PNG will battle for the 4th Playoff spot

LOL. Ok

1 hour ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Not concerned about any of these teams in that all of the 12-5a teams have horrible defenses with Crosby and PNG being probably the worst. Nederland would probably have the best D and they also aren't impressive to me. When we lost to Nederland it wasn't because we couldn't score or move the ball, Roschon has like 600 yards and 11 tds on them. 

Roschon puts up massive #s on all of them. 

Unlike the old 22-5a these teams can ACTUALLY THROW the ball as well. Crosby, BH, and Nederland can throw it if they have someone like Latulas who can take advantage.  We all know PN-G weakness is an athlete.

My concern lies within our own team as far as who will step up.  

If we can't identify NEW playmakers on either side of the ball, it wont matter. We will score 40 and lose 42-40.

This team has a lot to prove and hopefully there will be kids that step up. If not, this season may defined by high scoring L's.

Hmm, they had 2 picks and held PNG under 42 points for the first time in the season.  So they made stops when they needed to.  :) 

4 hours ago, bigdog said:

Hmm, they had 2 picks and held PNG under 42 points for the first time in the season.  So they made stops when they needed to.  :) 

That's fine. O did their part even with turnovers.  36-35 right. Or whatever it was.  Games like that are what im afraid of this year but I'm just a guy, hopefully the coaches get things righted

11 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

That's fine. O did their part even with turnovers.  36-35 right. Or whatever it was.  Games like that are what im afraid of this year but I'm just a guy, hopefully the coaches get things righted

You have the right idea. R.J. will get his numbers, but the wins will be a different story as you said. Defenses have done nothing but get worse since the arrival of B.F.

19 hours ago, NDNation said:

LOL. Ok

If you don't think Crosby, Barbers Hill, Dayton and Santa Fe are better than Lumberton, Lee and Livingston then you are delusional.

PNG lost a lot of Offensive production that they will struggle to replace. And we all know the problems on the defensive side of the ball.

RJ may get you in the playoffs, but like I said, it will be a struggle.

42 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

If you don't think Crosby, Barbers Hill, Dayton and Santa Fe are better than Lumberton, Lee and Livingston then you are delusional.

PNG lost a lot of Offensive production that they will struggle to replace. And we all know the problems on the defensive side of the ball.

PNG offenses are usually at the top of district. We always have good receivers and RB's  Why we didn't use the RB's more last season, I don't know. but the soph will be a junior this year. Our receivers are always leaders in district. Back from as far as I can remember. Plus we have RJ.  So no worries on that side of the ball. IMO defense will be slightly better due to experience. They were young last season. We've already proved that outscoring is not a problem. (see the Crosby game). And no, we shouldn't have to rely on that, but it is what it is. I'm an optimist. Just sit back and watch.

Having teams that are competitive will make the district stronger.

Since this is a thread talking about the district, I won't go into playoffs.

4 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

Santa Fe  was 4-4 last year, but their losses were to Manvel, FB Marshall, Texas City and Galveston Ball.   Manvel went to state,  FB Marshall was 9-2 and made it to the 4th round, and TC got knocked out by PNG in the second round.  Ball made it to the second round before losing to PAM.  So their losses were all to playoff teams that made at least decent runs.