Tentative Non-District Schedules

WOSgrad

44 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Wow, I wonder why they did that?  Is that the only way Crosby would play them?

It is not the first time that WO-S has agreed to do that.  I know that in the recent past when WO-S and PN-G played, he agreed to play both games at the Reservation.

It comes down to this, Coach Thompson DOES NOT LIKE the grass turf at Hooks Stadium and he has made no secret of it.  He has mentioned in the past that the turf there causes teams to shy away from playing the Mustangs. So in order to fill a schedule, he will bypass the usual home and home to get a game filled.

14 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

It is not the first time that WO-S has agreed to do that.  I know that in the recent past when WO-S and PN-G played, he agreed to play both games at the Reservation.

It comes down to this, Coach Thompson DOES NOT LIKE the grass turf at Hooks Stadium and he has made no secret of it.  He has mentioned in the past that the turf there causes teams to shy away from playing the Mustangs. So in order to fill a schedule, he will bypass the usual home and home to get a game filled.

Basically what I just said. :)

14 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

That's unfortunate for the football team and and also the baseball teams.

Agreed. I usually can get behind most of what Jasper ISD decides to do, but this issue with us not scheduling Silsbee or WOS really is disturbing. Jasper needs to step up and work this out.