Global Warming Update!

Reagan

4 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Makes sense.  But can we believe anything we read?

The deal is, that publication probably has no skin in the game, unlike researchers getting large grants “to prove there is MMGW”.  They’ve printed records that can be checked by those who are pro MMGW, so why bother?  All indications are this is just a record of facts.  Let’s see if anyone can refute it.

15 hours ago, Hagar said:

For all you MMGW believers, you need to read this.  This is a facts based article on the earths climate.  The best I’ve ever seen.  To use the end all proof phrase, here’s the Smoking Gun.  Read it and feel free to prove how wrong it is.  I’ll wait.

This is the hidden content, please

First off, I take Op-Ed pieces with a grain of salt. It’s an opinion, not a scientific paper. Second, most arguments I’ve read about mmgw cite average global temperatures, not record temps at individual locations. I didn’t see any facts, just claims that they exist (the statement that there is no correlation between co2 and warming, for instance). Not even a footnote.

3 hours ago, UT alum said:

First off, I take Op-Ed pieces with a grain of salt. It’s an opinion, not a scientific paper. Second, most arguments I’ve read about mmgw cite average global temperatures, not record temps at individual locations. I didn’t see any facts, just claims that they exist (the statement that there is no correlation between co2 and warming, for instance). Not even a footnote.

You don't see any "facts" in MMGW so-called "scientific" papers either. Just a bunch of opinions based on altered/manipulated data.

4 hours ago, UT alum said:

An opinion?  The piece noted facts.  Record High temps.  If automobile emissions are the reason for MMGW, why aren’t we seeing record temps?  Tons of emissions put into tha air since the last record, but no new records.  Those are the facts.  If you don’t see them, you don’t want to see them.  You want to set in your liberal bubble and believe everything someone feeds you.  Sorry, but I can’t comprehend your attitude.  You really need to rethink this.  I don’t know how you became a puppet of Left ideology, but you need to attempt to unshackle the chains.  Think for yourself, not take a position based on some preconceived agenda that you were fed.  Good grief.

11 minutes ago, Hagar said:

An opinion?  The piece noted facts.  Record High temps.  If automobile emissions are the reason for MMGW, why aren’t we seeing record temps?  Tons of emissions put into tha air since the last record, but no new records.  Those are the facts.  If you don’t see them, you don’t want to see them.  You want to set in your liberal bubble and believe everything someone feeds you.  Sorry, but I can’t comprehend your attitude.  You really need to rethink this.  I don’t know how you became a puppet of Left ideology, but you need to attempt to unshackle the chains.  Think for yourself, not take a position based on some preconceived agenda that your were fed.  Good grief.

You should have provided a “scientific paper” based on falsified data provided by the fed gov.

You would have had him hook, line and sinker.

16 hours ago, UT alum said:

10 hours ago, Hagar said:

Rotflmbo!  Tru storie lol

I met this guy a couple years back who was a member of the Flat Earth Society. We talked for about an hour about whether or not the earth was really round. He had all the science he needed to prove in his mind that the world is flat, the stars are a projection on some great dome, and gravity is not real. All conventional science was a hoax to cover this “fact” up. It mattered not what I said, he had his science plus the Bible to back it up. I hadn’t thought about him in a while until tonight.

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

I met this guy a couple years back who was a member of the Flat Earth Society. We talked for about an hour about whether or not the earth was really round. He had all the science he needed to prove in his mind that the world is flat, the stars are a projection on some great dome, and gravity is not real. All conventional science was a hoax to cover this “fact” up. It mattered not what I said, he had his science plus the Bible to back it up. I hadn’t thought about him in a while until tonight.

I'm guessing your post is directed at Man Made Global Warming skeptics, and is some sort of childish attempt to demean our stance. It sure seems that you are laughably trying to argue that MMGW skeptics are the science deniers, while the tin foil hat doom and gloom sheeple are on the side of tried and true scientific methodology. Do I have this assumption correct? Would you like to debate who is actually the science deniers in this topic? Fair warning, it can only get even more embarrassing for you.

7 minutes ago, Englebert said:

I'm guessing your post is directed at Man Made Global Warming skeptics, and is some sort of childish attempt to demean our stance. It sure seems that you are laughably trying to argue that MMGW skeptics are the science deniers, while the tin foil hat doom and gloom sheeple are on the side of tried and true scientific methodology. Do I have this assumption correct? Would you like to debate who is actually the science deniers in this topic? Fair warning, it can only get even more embarrassing for you.

My post is directed at the lack of debate, only denial, I’ve witnessed on this topic in this forum. You need to look in the mirror when you start with your childish insults.

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

Some is opinion, but the meat of it is fact.  The record temperatures were all recorded prior to most use of fossil fuels.  Don’t you find it the least bit strange that if climate change was the result of man & his machines that these records haven’t tumbled?  With all the exhaust emissions, cows farting, and internal angst creating liberal body heat, I’d expected those records to be surpassed many years ago.  You speak of average temperature.  Few will argue the possibility the earth is warming.  The climate on earth has cycled forever.  And your reference to the man & his flat earth belief, and your exasperation at trying to make him see the truth, I feel the same exasperation trying to make you see the truth.  But like a good sheep, you follow your masters, even though they’ve been found falsifying stats to keep the money coming in.  You don’t have to be a follower, think for yourself.  I know that’s asking a lot from a liberal, but just try it.  And one other thing, I’d be embarrassed taking a position in a discussion knowing that I was basing my opinion on distorted, false information.  How y’all do that is a mystery to me.

13 hours ago, Hagar said:

An opinion?  The piece noted facts.  Record High temps.  If automobile emissions are the reason for MMGW, why aren’t we seeing record temps?  Tons of emissions put into tha air since the last record, but no new records.  Those are the facts.  If you don’t see them, you don’t want to see them.  You want to set in your liberal bubble and believe everything someone feeds you.  Sorry, but I can’t comprehend your attitude.  You really need to rethink this.  I don’t know how you became a puppet of Left ideology, but you need to attempt to unshackle the chains.  Think for yourself, not take a position based on some preconceived agenda that you were fed.  Good grief.

Nasa put a man on the moon. I trust them as scientists.

Big oil has lots of skin in the game. Look what they say.

The Pentagon wouldn’t plan if they didn’t recognize the risk.

I think for myself, sir. I don’t just regurgitate what I hear on radio or tv.

16 minutes ago, UT alum said:

And who funds NASA?  Oh, the Fed Govt.  Same people who, under the last 4 presidents has been perpetrating this faux MMGW.  All you have to do is follow the money.  It’s not rocket science.  One last question.  If it’s all true, why have so many been found falsifying data?  Please, answer that.  If it’s true, why rig it?

39 minutes ago, UT alum said:

My post is directed at the lack of debate, only denial, I’ve witnessed on this topic in this forum. You need to look in the mirror when you start with your childish insults.

The last time you were challenged to a debate on this topic you ran like a frightened schoolgirl. You now attempt to insult sane people, then cower off again when called out. And I fully admit the childish insults will be flying. I fully admit I will stoop to your level and "debate" in kind. It is you that hilariously tries to flaunt dignity when throwing a childish temper tantrum.

18 minutes ago, UT alum said:

The first link you posted is just hilarious. We can skip the fact that these statistics are based on altered/manipulated data and that many scientists disagree with these "findings". Let's just focus on what is missing in this propaganda garbage that you find compelling (like a good little sheeple). Where is any evidence that Man is the source of the so-called warming? Where is the evidence that natural factors (volcanos, plate techtonics, lunar factors, solar factors, etc.) are not the overwhelmingly major factors in the so-called warming? No scientist worth a grain of salt would dare declare a causal effect until mitigating factors are taken into account. But since the audience seems to be capitulating sheeple that can't think for themselves, the propagandists feel empowered to trample all over scientific methodology. And that statement is directed straight towards you, considering I'm still laughing at the last sentence of your post. So instead of regurgitating propaganda, please offer some evidence of a link between Man's activity and a rise in Earth's temperature. When you fail miserably at that task, you can attempt to provide evidence that an increase in Earth's temperature is necessarily detrimental and destructive to Earth's health. Would you like to embarrass yourself with this endeavor? Or you can just admit you are a tin-foil hat wearing sheeple that likes to regurgitate mind numbing dribble...dribble that a free thinking person can quickly and easily discern.

It seems you have a daunting task ahead in order to save face. I bet you fail miserably.

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

And who funds NASA?  Oh, the Fed Govt.  Same people who, under the last 4 presidents has been perpetrating this faux MMGW.  All you have to do is follow the money.  It’s not rocket science.  One last question.  If it’s all true, why have so many been found falsifying data?  Please, answer that.  If it’s true, why rig it?

Who has been falsifying data? I need sources, and not opinions. A footnote or two would be nice.

I also noticed no comment on what big oil or the Pentagon believes.

So, if we can’t trust the government then who? Fearless Leader? He says it’s so, so it is? It appears it’s you who wants to be told what to believe, not the liberal here.

2 hours ago, UT alum said:

Who has been falsifying data? I need sources, and not opinions. A footnote or two would be nice.

So, if we can’t trust the government then who? Fearless Leader? He says it’s so, so it is? It appears it’s you who wants to be told what to believe, not the liberal here.

Are you serious?  Really?  You’re not aware of the folks falsifying climate data?  Oh brother, you really need to sh-tcan CNN, and start listening to the news.

This one has a whole list of sensors placed in unsuitable locations.  And my personal favorite, a sensor paced by an A/C exhaust & close proximity to a BarBQ grill.  

Many others.  Help yourself.

3 hours ago, UT alum said:

No idea that there has been falsified data?

hmmmmmmm

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Are you serious?  Really?  You’re not aware of the folks falsifying climate data?  Oh brother, you really need to sh-tcan CNN, and start listening to the news.

This one has a whole list of sensors placed in unsuitable locations.  And my personal favorite, a sensor paced by an A/C exhaust & close proximity to a BarBQ grill.  

Here, get after it.

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

Knock yourself out.

32 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Knock yourself out.

How about knocking yourself out with getting to the task of providing data that shows that Man is the main cause for so-called global warming. It's easy to see why you want to get bogged down in the "who's lying, who's telling the truth" antics, because that deflects from the main question of who/what is the cause. It deflects from the question of whether or not the so-called global warming is destructive, and totally ignores other causal factors. Again, you cannot provide one iota of evidence, but yet want to continually spout the crap that Man has to be the cause. How about focusing on the main questions. It's not a hard concept, but oh so hard to prove. If you can provide that evidence, then we can debate the truthfulness of your links.

Not sure the purpose of posting Hearlands opinion.  I’ve posted news articles reporting questionable activity of MMGW.  If you could post an article showing proof that man is causing GW, I could better understand your position.

Btw, have you ever noticed that when we have an exceptionally cold winter, the MMGW folks quit calling it Global Warming and start calling it Climate Change?  How convenient (in my best Church Lady’s voice, lol).

9 hours ago, Hagar said:

Not sure the purpose of posting Hearlands opinion.  I’ve posted news articles reporting questionable activity of MMGW.  If you could post an article showing proof that man is causing GW, I could better understand your position.

Btw, have you ever noticed that when we have an exceptionally cold winter, the MMGW folks quit calling it Global Warming and start calling it Climate Change?  How convenient (in my best Church Lady’s voice, lol).

Hagar, I said this before.  When they were trying to fool the people originally, they were talking about Global Cooling.  When that didn't work, they went to Global Warming.  And when that didn't work, they went to Climate Change.  And the media falls right in line and NEVER questions the name changes.  But name changes are not new to the commies and media falling for it.  Remember when clinton was President, his lady wanted to be referred to as Hillary Rodman Clinton.  And the media played along.  Why did she do this?  Now it's back to Hillarious Clintonista and the media falls in line and never questions it!