Global Warming Update!

Reagan

The whole reason I "challenged" Global Warming cultists to explain their rationale for believing that their "theory" is based on science, proven, and deserves immediate action is because the Biden administration is pushing this to the forefront. How dumb do you have to be to cheer on this stance, but will hide in the corner peeing in your pants when challenged to support his position. So when Biden says that the most existential threat to the United States of America is Climate Change, remember that you hid like a frightened child when challenged to offer your reasoning for idolization of his lies. But you, the sheeple, will continue to support this pathetic agenda. You should be ashamed of yourself for letting imbeciles manipulate you like this. Kudos to TxHoops for at least attempting a rationale response, no matter how flawed it was. I have no idea what Derf Nosneb was attempting. Irrationally incoherent is the best I can come up with.

5 hours ago, Derf Nosneb said:

This is the hidden content, please

It says “the disappearance of summer sea ice...”  The salient point is these global alarmist don’t know what this looked like 2,000 to 3,000 years ago.  Very good possibility that at some point in time in history the very exact same thing could have been happening. Meaning a normal occurrence.  But, who are we to say this is bad?  Humans think a lot of themselves when they actually think we can do something about Mother Nature.  But — really it’s not about that, is it?!  It’s about using this to control the people.   

One of the best places to find prehistoric animal bones is Montana.  With that in mind, you have to wonder, who caused global warming back then?  Could it have been flatulent dinosaurs?

So who do we have to rely on for all the Man Made Global Warming data?  Oh, the scientists.  The same group that lied to us during the Covid pandemic.  If Scientists lied about Covid, how do we then turn our world upside down based on their data now?  And again I ask, if the scientists claiming there’s MMGW get the Grants ($money$), and those that refute GW don’t get the Grants ($money$), could the whole MMGW Theory be “bought”?  Follow the money.  It’s a tried and true method of getting to the truth.  There’s already reasons (proof?) to believe that some data has been falsified by some scientists.  Why falsify data if you don’t need to?  Only two reasons I can think of - 1- you have an agenda, or 2- money (of course, money buys an agenda).  Anyone who thinks scientists can’t be bought, I have a snow ski lodge in Evadale I’ll sell you.

From the article:

Ice caps are found mostly on Greenland and Antarctica, about 9 percent of the Earth’s land area. Ice caps may be thousands of meters thick. Ice cap areas have extremely low average annual temperatures, e.g. −29 ºC (−20 ºF) at Eismitte, Greenland. Precipitation is low because the air is too cold to hold much moisture.

Can someone actually explain why global warming that the experts claim is increasing temperature by 1/2 degree C in the last 100 years is melting the ice caps when the average temperatures remain at the average posted above?

Serious question, just looking for a reasonable answer.

5 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

From the article:

Ice caps are found mostly on Greenland and Antarctica, about 9 percent of the Earth’s land area. Ice caps may be thousands of meters thick. Ice cap areas have extremely low average annual temperatures, e.g. −29 ºC (−20 ºF) at Eismitte, Greenland. Precipitation is low because the air is too cold to hold much moisture.

Can someone actually explain why global warming that the experts claim is increasing temperature by 1/2 degree C in the last 100 years is melting the ice caps when the average temperatures remain at the average posted above?

Serious question, just looking for a reasonable answer.

The left has done very well over the last 50 years at taking over academia, indoctrination and the total Wikipedia definition of our language

By changing the verbiage of Global warming or Global cooling to "Climate change". They have enabled the so called scientific community and LSM to label "Extreme Weather conditions" the result of Climate change.

If you look back at my post on June 8th, the point I was making was this. In the mid 60's growing up on Lake Huron, part of the Great Lakes which contain 20% of the worlds fresh water. We would have a lot of snow, into the 70's and through today not as much. During the beginning of this "climate change" they called it "global warming". Actually it was climate change! You see when you look back at data one would find that the areas of the Great Lakes which receive the most amount of snow is pretty consistent. It is those areas that get "lake effect snow", on a national basis think Buffalo and the snowstorms you see on tv. So we have a place in time where the Great Lakes was having more what we called NorEasters in the 60's then we do today, "climate change".

Now take a look at the level of the Great Lakes.

These statistics are for the Lake Huron/Michigan basin, for clarity Lake Michigan on the western side of the Mitten and Lake Huron on the eastern side of the state are the same level.

As of June 11, 2021: 1" lower than May 11, 2021; 20" below the June 11, 2020 level; 14" above the average for June; 20" below the 2020 all time average high for June; and 46" above the 1964 all time average low for June. The level is projected to be at the same by July 11, 2021.  The Lake Huron water level is currently 20.5 inches below it's July 2020 high water point.

My point here is that if you look at long term data on the Great Lakes and speak to those who have lived on them for 50-100 years. They will tell you the lakes are Cyclical and move in cycles. That would move us to Atmospheric conditions that can and do cause the climate to change. Lets then take into consideration solar activity, I personally haven't studied it but would never discount it. Earth wobbling on axis, movement of tectonic plates, could these also be reasons the climate changes?

Now lets address a comment by Reagan,  "How many volcanoes have exploded in the history of the world?" 

Lets start with Mt Tambora in 1815;   71,000 to 250,100+ people died (regarded as having caused the 

, creating 
 and 
 across the 
)

How about Mt Laki Island in 1783      10,000+ people died (~ 25% of Iceland's population); 

and sulfur emissions caused widespread deaths and famines throughout Europe and Africa; 23,000 British died from poisoning; (80% of sheep, 50% of cattle and 50% of horses died in Iceland)

Lets not forget Mt Saint Helens in 1980.

Back to Reagan, "1 volcano exploding is worst than anything man has ever done." 

25% of Iceland's population); 
 and sulfur emissions caused widespread deaths and famines throughout Europe and Africa; 23,000 British died from poisoning; (80% of sheep, 50% of cattle and 50% of horses died in Iceland). 

You are correct, MAN has never caused the death and destruction that volcanos do.  Buuuuuttttt, what is, was and will be the short term and long term affects these explosions have on the "climate" of the planet.

So LRF, "Can someone actually explain why global warming that the experts claim is increasing temperature by 1/2 degree C in the last 100 years is melting the ice caps when the average temperatures remain at the average posted above?"

Because, as the fauxdemic has proven, if you pass a lie off long enough it becomes the truth. 

And those of us who question the "consensus" of the scientific community using their own data will be banned, shadow banned, de-platformed, called a denier or canceled. The only people worried about "climate change" are those who profit in money or fame from this "Global Warming" HOAX. 

Its climate change and it has happened everyday on this planet. A consensus of over educated, over paid, narcissistic, "schitentist" just reminds me of "bad data in means bad data out". But bad data out means no more grant monies...

I was listening to the radio, and the song "Lola" by the Kinks came on. This song came out in 1970, and was banned by the BBC because of it's content. (If you want to argue if the ban was due to the words "Coca Cola" or the theme, well...I'll contend the latter was the prominent factor because of the history of BBC's bans. They claim different...but!) The song is talking about a young man's first foray into the seedy bar scene. He falls in love with a woman, Lola, that he meets there. Turns out, Lola was a dude. The BBC banned the song because of this. (Yes, they did.) Many American radio stations would not play the song because of the theme. Now, 50 years later, the Kinks would be banned (cancelled) for not writing songs acknowledging this theme. We have gone from getting cancelled for acknowledging a theme to being cancelled for not acknowledging that theme...in a mere 50 years.

How does this tie to Global Warming? Climate Change cultists claim that our planet is doomed because the change in temperature is too fast. Are we in more danger of collapse because our culture is changing too fast? Just a thought.

• 2 months later...

From the article:  "An important new study in “Climate Dynamics” has criticized a key methodology that the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) uses to attribute climate change to greenhouse gases, raising questions about the validity of research that relied on it and prompting a response from one of the scientists who developed the technique."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How big a scam is MMGW.  Do some of you really believe all this 🐂💩?  If so, think about this story.  In 1942 two P-38 fighters were forced to crash-land in Greenland.  The crews were picked up but the planes were left.  Now, 69 years later, the last one was found under 250 to 300 feet of ice.  If there’s so much MMGW how does that much ice accumulate over it?  Some shifted over it, but the ice is still accumulating.  If you think the oceans are rising so much, why is the Statue of Liberty still dry?  Why are the pictures of the beaches at Normandy still the same as June 6, 1944?  Hard to buy into this scam if you merely look at the proof.  It’s evident to me Scientists can be bought just like anyone else.

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2021 at 12:46 PM, Reagan said:

!

Every time there’s a new high or low, a tornado or severe storms, these lunatics start hollering GW.  As if there hasn’t always been severe storms, highs & lows.  The dust bowl of the 30’s was a major weather event, eclipsing anything we have now.  If we were to have that happen now, these goober headed morons would be running around saying the sky is falling.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Unwoke said:

So when, exactly, in Earth's history did the climate not change?

That’s the real question, but you’ll never see these MMGW Fanatics ponder the answer.  And for you MMGW Loons, ponder this.

Hottest temp ever recorded - July 10, 1913, in Death Valley, California.

Well my, my, my.  All this MMGW but the record was set in 1913.  C’mon man.  This Man Made Global Warming/Climate Change is an example of the birth of the saying, “Don’t urinate down my back and tell me it’s raining”.  I’m 76 and heard massive lines of 🐂💩 in my life, and this MMGW looks like it and smells like it.  Jmo