Global Warming Update!

Reagan

7 hours ago, Derf Nosneb said:

Deleted by admin

So no offerings on the topic...you just want to participate in the contest? Is this correct? Funny your one post will probably be your last...and it was such a very feeble and childish post...fits right in with the agenda. I have a feeling that with your limited skillset, you can bring this topic even further into the gutter. Are you proud?

Not sure what I posted to get it deleted by the ADMIN, either Englebert or TxHoops had their wittle feelings hurt and reported me, \0/ IDGAS.

So Englebert, "Funny your one post will probably be your last", feeble and childish, limited skillset, YOU belong in the the gutter buddy.

Admin, ban me IDGAS, any ADMIN that lets a post hang around for 4 years is a putz anyway...

2 hours ago, Derf Nosneb said:

Not sure what I posted to get it deleted by the ADMIN, either Englebert or TxHoops had their wittle feelings hurt and reported me, \0/ IDGAS.

So Englebert, "Funny your one post will probably be your last", feeble and childish, limited skillset, YOU belong in the the gutter buddy.

Admin, ban me IDGAS, any ADMIN that lets a post hang around for 4 years is a putz anyway...

I reported you. Probably others also, but I will take the credit. If you are not sure what needed to be deleted, I'm guessing you will be banned in short order.

I'm following you right down to the gutter. You don't have the skillset to rise above ground level, so I guess that is where we will "debate". Care to take a gander at the topic, or do you want to just continue the childishness. I'm sure Hoops won't sink to your level, but I have no problem dealing with the immature banter. 

The topic is Man Made Global Warming, or rattling car keys in your face making you giggle. Which topic do you think you can handle?

I'll play life experience for $100 there Englebert,

1960's, northeastern Michigan, on a bay, in a the largest bay of Lake Huron. Snow, snow and more snow, bay would freeze over and they would drive cars the 2 1/2 miles out to the point where the lake was frozen out another mile. 

1970's thru today very little snow, deep inside the bay you can do a snowmobile or a side by side, but can't cross the bay. Was Climate change or what was called global warming at the time, the cause?

Last forty years, Texas, some winters are cold and rainy and some just cold, set records this year here in Texas. Some summers are hot and some are darn hot. From Northern Michigan in 1979, average summer temp in 70's to record setting heat in July of 1980. I worked for Dr. Pepper on a 16 bay truck, 100+ outside and walking into 35 degree coolers. Was it Climate change or global cooling or moving 1000 miles south the cause?

Now I could do what you and the other poster on this 4 year old thread did. Thats copy and pasting propaganda to make either of yours very boring "debate" prove their side. Or you would do this!

First I would need the correct data to make a knowledgable decision on the subject, which you state is "Man Made Global Warming".

I would not only need NOAA and NASA information, I would need it for every country in the world, including The Arctic and Antarctic. Now once I have this information then you put in the variables. For argument sake, the variables would be limited to 25. These variables would be, atmospheric conditions, wind patterns, el Nino, the Jet stream, large areas farmed or not farmed. Population density, change in zoning, increase or decrease of paved areas, decrease in forested areas, snow amounts, rain amounts, hurricanes. 

Then we would need density charts of the population, amount of CO2, methane and other man made and natural occurring gases being released in every country on the planet. I think you get my point

Now we get to the fun part, we know that 75% of our planet absorbs CO2, as this is now the boogie man, this is the elephant in the room. But let us not forget to add in the billions of hectares on this planet that have plants that also take in this boogie man CO2. We then must determine the positive and negative effect of plants growing and absorbing the gas. After doing all this and compiling information we can trust from developing countries. We then go back and cross reference the growing seasons, drought conditions in the Midwest, Alberta Plains and the bread basket of Eurasia. 

So you still want to play?

The climate on this planet has changed everyday of my 62+ years here and your petulant little "I reported you" spoke of person you actually are. You hide behind your screen name, your narcissistic smugness and "Advanced Member" participation banner and attempt to use your very limited English skills to send vailed actions of bullying to keep you off the naughty list. And the fact that you get your panties all bunched up when you're called out is pathetic.

As to your comment on my posts, I have been a member of this site for 5 years. I did not even know there was a political forum here. I have only gone to the baseball forum, but I won't apologize for peeing in this cat box you think is your fiefdom.

The answer to your question "Man Made Global Warming" 

However you believe man was created or evolved, he has had an impact on the planet, that is fact that cannot be denied.   Is, will, could man destroy the planet if we don't follow the science? Do I really need to bring up the dinosaurs?

So you see, it's easier to state that 97% of "scientist" on some list that someone quoted, "agreed" on a "consensus" that it is possible that man is affecting the climate.

Get back to me when you have found 5% of the information stated above and we can play, until then your just another troll to me...

Anyone that has been involved in the energy industry knows that the US has made incredible strides to clean up emissions from plants, but it seems the left only wants to push for regulations that cripple US production.  I believe that the earth warms and cools naturally and I don't think anyone has provided any evidence that proves that global warming is man-made.  We were sounding the alarm for another ice age in the 70s and guess what was being touted along with it, more regulation.

If anyone actually believes that global warming is man-made and wants to really make a difference, I suggest you pack your bags and head to China, Russia or India where the real polluters are and see if you can make them conform to the same standards we have here (after all, we are the good guys) as far as allowable emissions.

Good luck!

6 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I just had to add fuel to the "4 year old" fire. Carry on...

This is the hidden content, please

"started the monitoring of carbon dioxide on top of the Hawaiian mountain 

in 1958, and he has continued the work of charting the now famous 
."

Could I be the only person that thinks putting a CO2 monitoring station on top of an active volcano is a stupid idea to get an accurate accounting of CO2 expelled into the atmosphere? Also what other natural and man made gases are pumped into the air 24/7 here on the Texas Gulf coast that affect warming/cooling of the atmosphere? 

To another point, why should the country with only 4.25% of the worlds population be responsible and make drastic measures to address this issue?

3 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Anyone that has been involved in the energy industry knows that the US has made incredible strides to clean up emissions from plants, but it seems the left only wants to push for regulations that cripple US production.  I believe that the earth warms and cools naturally and I don't think anyone has provided any evidence that proves that global warming is man-made.  We were sounding the alarm for another ice age in the 70s and guess what was being touted along with it, more regulation.

If anyone actually believes that global warming is man-made and wants to really make a difference, I suggest you pack your bags and head to China, Russia or India where the real polluters are and see if you can make them conform to the same standards we have here (after all, we are the good guys) as far as allowable emissions.

Good luck!

"If anyone actually believes that global warming is man-made", " I believe that the earth warms and cools naturally".

Your two comments are a non sequitur, man HAS affected the "climate" of this planet by introducing more gases into the atmosphere since the industrial revolution. The earth cannot warm or cool "naturally" due to these natural and man made substances, thats just basic biology.

The trillion dollar question is, how much of an effect and has the "change in climate" been a good or bad thing for the environment?

36 minutes ago, Derf Nosneb said:

"If anyone actually believes that global warming is man-made", " I believe that the earth warms and cools naturally".

Your two comments are a non sequitur, man HAS affected the "climate" of this planet by introducing more gases into the atmosphere since the industrial revolution. The earth cannot warm or cool "naturally" due to these natural and man made substances, thats just basic biology.

The trillion dollar question is, how much of an effect and has the "change in climate" been a good or bad thing for the environment?

5,000 years ago, we were in an ice age.  Now we are not.  Did "man" cause this to happen.?  Or could it be just "naturally" occurring?!

BTW -- 1 volcano exploding is worst than anything man has ever done.  Releasing tons of "bad stuff" into the atmosphere.  How many volcanoes have exploded in the history of the world?  And yet we still have an atmosphere!

58 minutes ago, Derf Nosneb said:

Non sequitur...very impressive, but wrong. 🙂

As far as the effect man has had on the atmosphere in the last 150 years, you really have no idea, neither do the lefty politicians that want to impose crippling regulations based on skewed data from organizations recommending these changes that actually got caught skewing the data.

So excuse me if I don't agree with making massive changes to our energy industry based on unproven theories and projections.

We're already supposed to be underwater and all the ice caps gone, remember.

23 minutes ago, Reagan said:

5,000 years ago, we were in an ice age.  Now we are not.  Did "man" cause this to happen.?  Or could it be just "naturally" occurring?!

BTW -- 1 volcano exploding is worst than anything man has ever done.  Releasing tons of "bad stuff" into the atmosphere.  How many volcanoes have exploded in the history of the world?  And yet we still have an atmosphere!

That's what the alarmists really need to focus on inventing if they're serious about this problem, volcano plugs.

Here is what the 4 of you fail to understand,

I agree with all your points, but you are attacking as if we disagreed. To state once again I am 62 years old, I have heard it all and none of it comes true. There is only one fact that we can agree on, Climate change happens every day, that is the only fact.

3 hours ago, Reagan said:

Your BTW is incorrect,

According to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), the world’s volcanoes, both on land and undersea, generate about 200 million tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) annually, while our automotive and industrial activities cause some 24 billion tons of CO2 emissions every year worldwide. 

3 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Non sequitur...very impressive, but wrong. 🙂

As far as the effect man has had on the atmosphere in the last 150 years, you really have no idea, neither do the lefty politicians that want to impose crippling regulations based on skewed data from organizations recommending these changes that actually got caught skewing the data.

So excuse me if I don't agree with making massive changes to our energy industry based on unproven theories and projections.

We're already supposed to be underwater and all the ice caps gone, remember.

"So excuse me if I don't agree with making massive changes to our energy industry based on unproven theories and projections." 

Please show everyone where any part of my post says anything about massive changes to our energy industry?

If you read my post with an open mind you would see where we are saying the same thing. "you really have no idea" while condescending and arrogant, is the same a saying, there is many variables that shape the climate on this planet. From solar activity, to atmospheric activity, weather conditions, population density and don't forget tilt and wobble of the earth on its axis. And there is not one scientist on this planet that wants to work on a thesis about climate change that takes every variable into consideration.

So stop trying to prove your point to someone who agrees. And be a little more cordial, you're giving my friends in Lumberton a bad name.

18 minutes ago, Derf Nosneb said:

Here is what the 4 of you fail to understand,

I agree with all your points, but you are attacking as if we disagreed. To state once again I am 62 years old, I have heard it all and none of it comes true. There is only one fact that we can agree on, Climate change happens every day, that is the only fact.

Agree 100%, I have never disagreed with that point.

3 minutes ago, Derf Nosneb said:

"So excuse me if I don't agree with making massive changes to our energy industry based on unproven theories and projections." 

Please show everyone where any part of my post says anything about massive changes to our energy industry?

If you read my post with an open mind you would see where we are saying the same thing. "you really have no idea" while condescending and arrogant, is the same a saying, there is many variables that shape the climate on this planet. From solar activity, to atmospheric activity, weather conditions, population density and don't forget tilt and wobble of the earth on its axis. And there is not one scientist on this planet that wants to work on a thesis about climate change that takes every variable into consideration.

So stop trying to prove your point to someone who agrees. And be a little more cordial, you're giving my friends in Lumberton a bad name.

A little more cordial, lol.  Go back and read your posts on this very thread. You really have no idea means exactly that, you have no idea, neither do I, so let's not make any decision about something we haven't figured out yet.

Hard to actually get what your opinion is from your posts on the issue but here is mine, the earth has been cooling and warming way before man had any influence and I haven't seen enough evidence to show that we're having an impact that would cause us to make major policy changes, which is what the global warming argument is all about. 

15 hours ago, Derf Nosneb said:

I'll play life experience for $100 there Englebert,

1960's, northeastern Michigan, on a bay, in a the largest bay of Lake Huron. Snow, snow and more snow, bay would freeze over and they would drive cars the 2 1/2 miles out to the point where the lake was frozen out another mile. 

1970's thru today very little snow, deep inside the bay you can do a snowmobile or a side by side, but can't cross the bay. Was Climate change or what was called global warming at the time, the cause?

Last forty years, Texas, some winters are cold and rainy and some just cold, set records this year here in Texas. Some summers are hot and some are darn hot. From Northern Michigan in 1979, average summer temp in 70's to record setting heat in July of 1980. I worked for Dr. Pepper on a 16 bay truck, 100+ outside and walking into 35 degree coolers. Was it Climate change or global cooling or moving 1000 miles south the cause?

Now I could do what you and the other poster on this 4 year old thread did. Thats copy and pasting propaganda to make either of yours very boring "debate" prove their side. Or you would do this!

First I would need the correct data to make a knowledgable decision on the subject, which you state is "Man Made Global Warming".

I would not only need NOAA and NASA information, I would need it for every country in the world, including The Arctic and Antarctic. Now once I have this information then you put in the variables. For argument sake, the variables would be limited to 25. These variables would be, atmospheric conditions, wind patterns, el Nino, the Jet stream, large areas farmed or not farmed. Population density, change in zoning, increase or decrease of paved areas, decrease in forested areas, snow amounts, rain amounts, hurricanes. 

Then we would need density charts of the population, amount of CO2, methane and other man made and natural occurring gases being released in every country on the planet. I think you get my point

Now we get to the fun part, we know that 75% of our planet absorbs CO2, as this is now the boogie man, this is the elephant in the room. But let us not forget to add in the billions of hectares on this planet that have plants that also take in this boogie man CO2. We then must determine the positive and negative effect of plants growing and absorbing the gas. After doing all this and compiling information we can trust from developing countries. We then go back and cross reference the growing seasons, drought conditions in the Midwest, Alberta Plains and the bread basket of Eurasia. 

So you still want to play?

The climate on this planet has changed everyday of my 62+ years here and your petulant little "I reported you" spoke of person you actually are. You hide behind your screen name, your narcissistic smugness and "Advanced Member" participation banner and attempt to use your very limited English skills to send vailed actions of bullying to keep you off the naughty list. And the fact that you get your panties all bunched up when you're called out is pathetic.

As to your comment on my posts, I have been a member of this site for 5 years. I did not even know there was a political forum here. I have only gone to the baseball forum, but I won't apologize for peeing in this cat box you think is your fiefdom.

The answer to your question "Man Made Global Warming" 

However you believe man was created or evolved, he has had an impact on the planet, that is fact that cannot be denied.   Is, will, could man destroy the planet if we don't follow the science? Do I really need to bring up the dinosaurs?

So you see, it's easier to state that 97% of "scientist" on some list that someone quoted, "agreed" on a "consensus" that it is possible that man is affecting the climate.

Get back to me when you have found 5% of the information stated above and we can play, until then your just another troll to me...

Glad we agree. I'm baffled as to why you would start out in the gutter though. Then continued with the "I know more than you" condescending attitude. You deserved my condescending posts. If you want to keep this cordial, that's fine with me. I'll go where ever you lead. Until then, you are definitely just another troll. I have a feeling your true colors will begin to flourish on this forum, and I'll probably be there to troll you when they do. Hope I'm wrong.

I do find it funny that you think that the data you suggested studying would somehow lead to some kind of conclusion. Why not include any of the other variables, which are many, and more plausible as causation?

And going by your post, it sounds like you are clueless as to the position I and others hold. But you just keep that attitude and see how far it gets you.

3 hours ago, Derf Nosneb said:

Your BTW is incorrect,

According to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), the world’s volcanoes, both on land and undersea, generate about 200 million tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) annually, while our automotive and industrial activities cause some 24 billion tons of CO2 emissions every year worldwide. 

I'm talking when 1 explodes not just sitting there.  How many have exploded since the dawn of time?

2 hours ago, Englebert said:

I do find it funny that you think that the data you suggested studying would somehow lead to some kind of conclusion.

I find it alarming that you don't think by having all the relevant data, a simple hypothesis could be formed. But it appears you prefer to argue the point just to argue your side, skipped debate in school? 

And if you still think I started out in gutter, it appears you have been playing on the JV squad your entire life. Now go cry to the admin that I offended you. 

4 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

A little more cordial, lol.  Go back and read your posts on this very thread. You really have no idea means exactly that, you have no idea, neither do I, so let's not make any decision about something we haven't figured out yet.

Hard to actually get what your opinion is from your posts on the issue but here is mine, the earth has been cooling and warming way before man had any influence and I haven't seen enough evidence to show that we're having an impact that would cause us to make major policy changes, which is what the global warming argument is all about. 

"make major policy changes," Please point out the policy changes that have been made under this administration.

18 minutes ago, Derf Nosneb said:

"make major policy changes," Please point out the policy changes that have been made under this administration.

Seriously? The Green New Deal they’re proposing, blocking ANWAR exploration, the permits pulled on government property for production. 

How did we go from energy independent to where we are now in such a short period? Do not blame Covid, there are policies in place that caused this.

49 minutes ago, Derf Nosneb said:

I find it alarming that you don't think by having all the relevant data, a simple hypothesis could be formed. But it appears you prefer to argue the point just to argue your side, skipped debate in school? 

And if you still think I started out in gutter, it appears you have been playing on the JV squad your entire life. Now go cry to the admin that I offended you. 

You are funny...and lost, confused, etc. I made the point that you were not asking for all of the relevant data, and your reply, well...see above. Your first post on the topic was just as baffling. You don't even know what point you are trying to make. Confusion and obnoxiousness makes for a hilarious combination. You're not playing with a full deck are you?

21 hours ago, Derf Nosneb said:

Here’s one more

From the article:

On his first day in the White House, President Joe Biden revoked the permit his predecessor granted to Keystone XL, and also moved to re-enter the United States in the Paris climate agreement. TC Energy warned at the time that the decision by Biden would "directly lead to the layoff of thousands of union workers."