Global Warming Update!

Reagan

3 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Ding ding ding - we have the correct answer.  

But it does appear “some” are saying it.  

Thousands of years ago we were in an ice age.  Now we are not.  OK, the globe warmed.  Obviously temps change.  The suns activity has everything to do with it.  But, let's not confuse the facts on what the question is.  Liberals say man is causing the temps to change.  This is where most conservative disagree.  So, what do you believe?  

11 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Thousands of years ago we were in an ice age.  Now we are not.  OK, the globe warmed.  Obviously temps change.  The suns activity has everything to do with it.  But, let's not confuse the facts on what the question is.  Liberals say man is causing the temps to change.  This is where most conservative disagree.  So, what do you believe?  

You are changing the narrative.  Every time it gets really cold, you post something about global warming.  Which indicates you don’t understand how climate change works.  So you either do or you don’t.  LRF understands the difference.  I’m not sure you do. 

8 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

You are changing the narrative.  Every time it gets really cold, you post something about global warming.  Which indicates you don’t understand how climate change works.  So you either do or you don’t.  LRF understands the difference.  I’m not sure you do. 

Answer the question:  Is what you believe caused by man?

8 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Answer the question:  Is what you believe caused by man?

I thought I did when I quoted LRF’s post.   That is a premise that has a ton of support, but hasn’t been proven with absolute certainty.  So AGAIN, while many understand the difference, not sure you do. 

And not everything is liberal and conservative.  Some of it is apolitical.  But the low information folks on BOTH sides have trouble grasping that too. 

34 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

I know nothing about global warming. Will someone please explain what it is, or what it is supposed to be. 

It’s something like how many degrees the earth has warmed in 50 to 100 years.....maybe 1 degree. Something like that anyway. Man made global warming is blamed on fossil fuels emitting carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases which trap heat in the atmosphere keeping the earth warmer than it should be. That’s the theory anyway. Hope that helps.

2 hours ago, Ty Cobb said:

I know nothing about global warming. Will someone please explain what it is, or what it is supposed to be. 

It’s a money laundering scheme that the left pushes to launder money to special interest, lobbyists, etc and gain more control over our life. I think we should be good stewards to Mother Earth an minimize pollution as much as we can without making us extinct. Other than that is total Bullshit.

32 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Science is a tough concept to get through the tin foil hat...

Uh....we started Keeping Weather records about 137 years ago with the earth being about 4.5 billion years old so to say some people are skeptical of some of the BS scientists come out with is an understatement. They’ve been wrong many times an have doctored the numbers to fit there narrative many times. So if you want to donate to Al Gores cause to save the Polar Bear floating on the ice cube by all means knock your selfout.

1 hour ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Ok man made or just natural cycle. When you post. Look how cold it is.. in a global warming thread. It gives the impression you do not believe that global warming exists. At what point do we accept the science.

The science doesn’t prove that global warming is man made so how about the dems back off on their ridiculous regulations until it is figured out.  When I was a young man it was the same crap from the left except we were going to all die from global cooling.

13 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Here’s some tin foil to wrap around your brain.

Paul Sperry (@paulsperry_) Tweeted:
WATCH: The claim that "97% of scientists" agree that man is causing a global warming crisis is a myth. This analysis thoroughly debunks the global warming "consensus" fable  ...

This is the hidden content, please

16 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Ok man made or just natural cycle. When you post. Look how cold it is.. in a global warming thread. It gives the impression you do not believe that global warming exists. At what point do we accept the science.

What "science" are you accepting...the science of "sheepdom"? Please provide scientific evidence that Man is destroying Earth's climate. I bet you won't. I know you won't...because you can't. There is no scientific evidence. If you have it, show it...or be deemed a "science denier"! If the evidence is overwhelming, this should be a very, very simple task.

17 hours ago, TxHoops said:

And we all know which side of the Man Made Global Warming theory is wearing the tin foil hat. Just in case it is not evident: It's the science deniers who claim a hypothesis is proven without showing proof, then accuses everyone that questions the hypothesis as being a science denier. Pretty convenient to stifle debate as a means to win a debate. Is that considered "science"?

We should make list of all the things Dems are killing.  Just off the cuff:

Energy Companies/Jobs - Unborn babies - Free speech - Fair elections - and sooner than you’d think, wait for it.... the ability to own a gun or buy ammunition. Gotta love the Dems agenda