BISD Votes to Merge Central and Ozen beginning in 2018-19

AshlyHasBeen

Ran into someone involved in everything and heard some good stuff. 

Heard everything will be out Thursday on (Name, Mascot as well as colors) 

also heard some good news on the football coaching front, A name has been swirling around as of recently that they really like, now from what I heard neither of the current football coaches will get it and it will be an outside hire, and the name that he told me keeps popping up is one I’m sure everyone who knows of him will be pleased with if he gets it..

Almost like waiting for Christmas lol

theyre also expecting more kids from the merger schools to attend Westbrook mainly from the vothz and helbig neighborhoods instead of going way to Ozen

so Westbrook can expect a few more athletes 

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

also heard some good news on the football coaching front, A name has been swirling around as of recently that they really like, now from what I heard neither of the current football coaches will get it and it will be an outside hire, and the name that he told me keeps popping up is one I’m sure everyone who knows of him will be pleased with if he gets it..

theyre also expecting more kids from the merger schools to attend Westbrook mainly from the vothz and helbig neighborhoods instead of going way to Ozen

Well the Voths kids supposed to go the the Merger school, but I do know that the Corbin kid from a few years ago was from Voth and he went to WB, so I'm sure many other voth kids will follow suit.  But they're supposed to be at the Merger school..

15 hours ago, D3zii said:

Looking forward to this announcement and hoping that everybody in BISD is on board with the choices.

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 0:49 AM, D3zii said:

Was out to eat tonight and ran into some old coaches I use to work with,..

from what I was told, Peevey Has gotten a pay raise and is over 100K, can someone confirm this, cause if this is true that new Head Coach at the merger school should also make 100k and the merger Job opening has just shot up the Best jobs list in Texas High school football

i was also told the two sides are trying to make Houston St.Pius the week 1 opponent for the new school 

Wish I would have read this yesterday.  I was at a meeting last night with the AD and would have asked him.  I hope so because they will receive the same pay...

3 hours ago, The Icon said:

What color combo, mascot and school name do the people most impacted by this merger want?

Every student that I've talked to from both campuses has said maroon and gold.  So it sounds like the kids are on the same page when it comes to that. 

Now the mascot, they are all over the place.  The main ones I've been hearing are the Lions, Knights and Stallions.  

School name, well that's a whole other story...

On 2/13/2018 at 8:10 PM, D3zii said:

And the name is?

1 hour ago, Jag Insider said:

And the name is?

Stowers

1 hour ago, Jag Insider said:

Every student that I've talked to from both campuses has said maroon and gold.  So it sounds like the kids are on the same page when it comes to that. 

Now the mascot, they are all over the place.  The main ones I've been hearing are the Lions, Knights and Stallions.  

School name, well that's a whole other story...

Really? I heard Drillers and Oilers were the favs since Hurricanes got shot down, but Maroon and Gold is the combo they like from the conversation 

13 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

The vote is tomorrow during school by the students.  The results will be released Thursday night at the board meeting in which I'll be in attendance...

I've seen the final ballot.  I'm good with either one but seems like there's some upset parents.  What's your take on it?  What's crazy the ones I see upset they kids go to West Brook.

40 minutes ago, workbootz said:

I've seen the final ballot.  I'm good with either one but seems like there's some upset parents.  What's your take on it?  What's crazy the ones I see upset they kids go to West Brook.

And they aren't involved in anything, no meetings, booster, project graduation, board meetings, ect...