Top High School Football teams of all time

AggiesAreWe

13 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

Gosh those Stephenville teams were tough 

Briles had those teams playing some serious ball. If it wasn't for Stephenville LM would probably have had 6 titles. Denison was nasty to but kept getting beat by LM in state championship games. Think all 3 of LM titles in the 90's came at Denison's expense. Over the years I have seen so many great texas high school teams. Have seen hundreds of games with my dad and nothing like Texas High School football. 

• 1 year later...
On 9/14/2017 at 4:59 PM, bronco pride said:

Remember watching them at the Dome. Craig James literally did everything. If I remember correctly he played line backer when the other team got inside the 20 and also did some kicking. Not to mention a great high school running back who became part of the pony express.

Craig NEVER played defense that year.  Not one play.  It would have insulted a very stout defense had he been brought in to do so.  That never happened.  Nobody went both ways that season.

But he did punt and placekick.  Stratford's inside LB's that year were both all-Greater Houston and didn't need to be spelled.  Craig averaged, if I recall correctly, about 15 or 16 carries per game, and gained right at 10 yards per carry all season long.  So, to be accurate, he really didn't have to do everything.  He was awesome, but he was only about 35% of the offense by yardage, even though he set the Texas 4A single-season record that year.  That should tell you something about the rest of the offense.