Lack of posts

Chester86

1 hour ago, Shiner said:

You are correct about 22- 5a. Something needs to be done about the baseball side of this district for sure. This year you have PNG & Nederland and that's it. When it comes Memorial, Central & Ozen baseball it is BAD. What can be done to improve these three teams? 

PNG and Nederland right?? Look....if your going to post that at least be fair to the situation and have your facts correct. Yes, PNG and Nederland are the traditional powers in 22-5a, but its 2017 last time I checked and Lumberton has been to the playoffs the past several years and beat Nederland head to head the last 3 out of 4 (Please correct me if I am wrong) games. As VP93 stated, Lumberton had 2 costly errors (I understand that's part of the game) or they would be 4-0 against Nederland in the last 4 games. PNG and Nederland both have a ton of talent on their respective teams this year, but to just post a blanket statement like above is just not factually correct IMO. Livingston is solid as well this year and Vidor lost a lot of Seniors  and are still very competitive.

7 minutes ago, Ballboy96 said:

PNG and Nederland right?? Look....if your going to post that at least be fair to the situation and have your facts correct. Yes, PNG and Nederland are the traditional powers in 22-5a, but its 2017 last time I checked and Lumberton has been to the playoffs the past several years and beat Nederland head to head the last 3 out of 4 (Please correct me if I am wrong) games. As VP93 stated, Lumberton had 2 costly errors (I understand that's part of the game) or they would be 4-0 against Nederland in the last 4 games. PNG and Nederland both have a ton of talent on their respective teams this year, but to just post a blanket statement like above is just not factually correct IMO. Livingston is solid as well this year and Vidor lost a lot of Seniors  and are still very competitive.

After looking at Lumberton's record, I will apologize to them for not including them in the conversation.  

I'm guilty. When I became an empty nester, this board provided an escape and still does to read about the greatest game, baseball. Now, with grandkids, I have started all over and loving every minute and my time is scarce to help. 

We have new posters in the last few years that have done a great job, of course, WOSgrad is the glue to keep it going.

The talent is still strong, just a lull at the moment in rosters being deep. That will change.     

On 4/16/2017 at 3:37 PM, fox said:

heck they can't even keep up with the district standing over here

Then volunteer to help.  I have been extremely busy at work the last week and half and haven't had time to update the standings.  Notice I said volunteer, which is what all of the mods/admins are.

20 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Typical BH response? It's the truth in baseball. Btw, did you read where I said BH and Crosby? We usually split with Crosby, but only played them once this year. We won that game btw. I tried to look back at New Caney games and can't find when y'all ever beat BH in baseball. I think I know the reason for your post. Don't worry, we'll represent our current district well in the playoffs again this year. You do realize went 4 rounds deep last year although we didn't win district? I'll take that over a district champioship any day. A couple more wins and you're in Round Rock. Good luck to New Caney this week.

2015 is the last time that New Caney beat BH in baseball 4-3 W 2nd game 2-0 L . That was my son's Soph year. Now your Girls teams are dominant in all Sports, Ill give you that. Enlighten me on the reason for my post?

12 hours ago, NCEagle1 said:

2015 is the last time that New Caney beat BH in baseball 4-3 W 2nd game 2-0 L . That was my son's Soph year. Now your Girls teams are dominant in all Sports, Ill give you that. Enlighten me on the reason for my post?

Once out of a bunch of times. We can sit and have a measuring contest, but point is our district is very weak in baseball. That was the point of my original post. I can't help that you got your feelings hurt. I guess that's my BH response.

Personally I think 22-5a is very competitive in the top 5. PNG does seem to be playing on another level, but did have a couple of close games that could have gone either way. Vidor, Nederland, Lumberton, and Livingston seem pretty even to me. It looks like they can all beat each other on any given night. They are all respectable teams. It will be interesting to see how the standings shake out.